|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:36 - 30 May 2005 Post subject: Summer boots or All-Season? |
 |
|
Alright, this is more for the practical usage then the styling. I commute by bike, about 150 miles a week, and that's during the winter and the summer.
Having read many copies of RiDE and tried them on in J&S, I've decided that the two choices of boot are as follows:
Sidi Vertigos or Alpinestars GPS-3.
Before anybody says anything, I tried on some SMXs and they felt horrible to me. Vertebraes were quite nice as well.
So what I want to know is which is better for protection, waterproofing, warmth and coolth. Such as how good are the Sidi's at keeping the tootsies snug and dry. I'd prefer the Sidi's in all honesty but if they're gonna end up soaked most days, is there much point?
Any help would be great
Cheers
R ____________________ Current Bikes: 2010 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Previous Bikes: 2002 Sachs XTC, 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R, 2004 GSX-R 600 K4, 2006 Yamaha XT660X |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:03 - 30 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've not much clue about the benefits of any specific boot, but surely the all season boot makes the most sense? You'll only get rained on and get wet feet with the summer boots, and you obviously don't particularly want to be wearing them in the winter. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fruit'n'nut |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fruit'n'nut Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 11 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:19 - 30 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wear a pair of Oxtar TCS Sport Goretex boots all year round - never suffered with feet being too warm of too cold yet, they're waterproof and the armour works well too  ____________________ Power Ranger  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shamrock |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shamrock Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:55 - 30 May 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Despite what you said Mantzy, you should reconsider the SMX's.
Ive never worn the Sidi or GPS boots however ive have had a pair of SMX's for the last 2 years. I wear them everyday for commuting to work and college in rain, sun, and snow.
Now I dont have the goretex ones but ive never had water penetrate my boot. I dont get it either!
They are super-comfy too and you can walk around in them easily, although mine squeak some.
I still see journalists wearing them in bike mags even though alpinestar have "better" and newer boots, i.e. more expensive.
Obviously the SMX is a trusted favourite.
Its impressed me that much that id be pushed not to buy the same boot again! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mantzy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mantzy Spanner Monkey

Joined: 30 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 132 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|