|
|
| Prettiest!! |
| CBR6 |
|
63% |
[ 37 ] |
| CB6 |
|
36% |
[ 21 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 58 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:01 - 08 Jun 2005 Post subject: CB600 v CBR600 |
 |
|
Hi guys,
As some of you might know I recently had an accident and was given a hornet to ride about on. Its an 03 spec. I own a CBR600FX which is an 00. I am not a fan of unfaired bikes, but I do like the looks of the hornet. On the other hand I thought the public at large would like the looks of a sportsbike style!
I love the looks of my bike, but have never had any comments on it from others or people at work. Now here starts the problem! Ive had the Hornet since saturday and EVERYONE likes it. Even people at work who don't like bikes like it! People keep telling me this and Im getting annoyed. The worst happened on the way home from work today. I found myself in front of a red unfaired bike and he was right behind me. I thought either i'd pissed him off or he wanted to race. So I gave it large all the way home with him keeping up. We got to a quiet section and he starts to overtake, but stops along side me, lifts up his visor and starts to look the bike up and down. I notice he has an S reg hornet, and he gives a thumbs up, shakes his head and shouts 'nice bike mate'. Its like the bleedin astra advert where the guy chases the car. I couldnt believe it. So above is a poll, I would like to know which you prefer (Try to be as honest as possible about both but please remember I AM human, I DO have a heart and I DO have feelings ).
Heres some poor pics to remind you.....
https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/img-0093_large.jpg
https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/me_large.jpg ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jay12329 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jay12329 Dr. Evil

Joined: 02 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:15 - 08 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
That is something i've noticed about the hornet, owners like to talk about their bikes. I'm am perticually guilty of this, spying a new 05 hornet across the pits at cadwell last week i pad across to talk to the owner. Spend ages talking to her and her blade owning partner.
Hornets Rock
J |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lilredmachine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lilredmachine World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:49 - 08 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| palmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 palmer Fiddled Kiddy

Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Zero-G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Zero-G Scooby Slapper

Joined: 10 Sep 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:04 - 08 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Prefere the Hornet.
It's not that i don't like faired bikes, there's just something about an unfaired bike that a faired bike doesn't have. ____________________ When A Man Loves A Chicken |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jay12329 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jay12329 Dr. Evil

Joined: 02 May 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gracie Jones |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gracie Jones Trackday Trickster

Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Milo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Milo World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Feb 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:24 - 08 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I notice no-one mentions the CB600fs...
I love my silver half faired Hornet, and they look much better than the other manufacturers versions. ____________________ Shaft drives rule.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:48 - 08 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry milo, if I had one in the garage it would have been included!
I blame the hire firm for not bringing me one
The polls very close. I get the impression hornet owners are very passionate about their bikes! ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stevo as b4 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stevo as b4 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:09 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah the Hornet wins for me too! Ive seen quite a few Hornets that have been seriously modified and customised/individualised. There is soo much more you can do to an unfaired machine, and the results of the modifications are always more noticable. I must admit i dont like the CBR600F that much, its a great performing 600, but the styling is bland, and there are 1000's of them out there just the same as yours. Its rare that you would find 2 older hornets that look identical. As for fun, the upright riding position, wider bars and better steering lock, make town riding more of a pleasure than a pain. The lower gearing makes the bike feel more snappy at low speed acceleration, and the smaller dimensions, and narrower width of the machine make it feel lighter than a sports bike, even if it isnt.
I think the average person is less impressed by a sports bike, than they would be by a striking shiney and radical looking streetfighter/retro/performance naked bike. Sports bikes are there to impress bikers, not the general public. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:16 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
My Dad has a half faired Hornet, I dunno what it is, but I think it's because the rear and end and the high level can look really good together.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:28 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | its a great performing 600, but the styling is bland, and there are 1000's of them out there just the same as yours. Its rare that you would find 2 older hornets that look identical. As for fun, the upright riding position, wider bars and better steering lock, make town riding more of a pleasure than a pain. The lower gearing makes the bike feel more snappy at low speed acceleration, and the smaller dimensions, and narrower width of the machine make it feel lighter than a sports bike, even if it isnt. |
I totally agree, I must be honest I picked my bike because it represented the best financial offer and smiles per pound, but I dont think I would go as far as bland
The hornet is a lot snappier at low speed and has a quick throttle response, which makes it a bit of a pain in the arse when just pootling along. I do like the lower down range of power and the upright position. But as you can see from the picture I like to be ducked down and i get my thrills from going too fast, which the hornet jsut wont let me do.
The CB has a far lower seat then my FX, I can put both feet flat on the ground easily and feel the suspension sag as I sit on it. Its made me think that when (or if ) I get the CBR back I'm going to have the suspension softened up that tiny bit more.
The weight of the bike feels non-existant when riding, and the bike feels shorter. I almost feel like im leaning over the bars at some point!
Another point, and nothing to do with the two different bikes, but its amazing how much you get used to the tyres on your own bike. I have BT014's on the CBR and theres some michelin things on the CB. Ive had the CB sliding all over giving it too much coming out of junctions and all sorts. Whereas the Bridgestones never do that!
 ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:52 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Villers wrote: |
I can see the advantages when it comes to maintenance too, I never knew where or what a Cam Chain Tensioner looked like in real life, I had considered taking off the fairings on the CBR but when I got the hornet it was like 'right there', as was the oil filter etc etc, makes it all look a piece of piss tbh! |
Its more the, can i be arsed to undo 20 odd bolts, put the fairing somewhere safe and then locktite them all back up again just to check xy or z.
Takes me about 15 to take it off and about 30 to put back on
Never mind
Oh and the cbr6 engine /looks/ like a piece of piss to work on, but trust hondas really really packed it in there
Oil filters piece of piss to change tho, gives you a happy feeling. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Milo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Milo World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Feb 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:59 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
[girl mode]Hornets are just so pretty![/girl mode] ____________________ Shaft drives rule.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cbrbiker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cbrbiker Spanner Monkey

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:49 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Im not sure I like the cb600Fs TBH  ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Josh|RD125LC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Josh|RD125LC World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:51 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Keep the CBR.  ____________________ Honda MBX50 | Yamaha RD125LC | Suzuki RG125F Lucky Strike | Suzuki GSF600S
RD125LC Pictures |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Slickfish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Slickfish Crazy Courier

Joined: 24 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kb-zxr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kb-zxr Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 09 Jun 2005 Post subject: Re: CB600 v CBR600 |
 |
|
| Villers wrote: | Hi guys,
As some of you might know I recently had an accident and was given a hornet to ride about on. Its an 03 spec. I own a CBR600FX which is an 00. I am not a fan of unfaired bikes, but I do like the looks of the hornet. On the other hand I thought the public at large would like the looks of a sportsbike style!
I love the looks of my bike, but have never had any comments on it from others or people at work. Now here starts the problem! Ive had the Hornet since saturday and EVERYONE likes it. Even people at work who don't like bikes like it! People keep telling me this and Im getting annoyed. The worst happened on the way home from work today. I found myself in front of a red unfaired bike and he was right behind me. I thought either i'd pissed him off or he wanted to race. So I gave it large all the way home with him keeping up. We got to a quiet section and he starts to overtake, but stops along side me, lifts up his visor and starts to look the bike up and down. I notice he has an S reg hornet, and he gives a thumbs up, shakes his head and shouts 'nice bike mate'. Its like the bleedin astra advert where the guy chases the car. I couldnt believe it. So above is a poll, I would like to know which you prefer (Try to be as honest as possible about both but please remember I AM human, I DO have a heart and I DO have feelings  ).
Heres some poor pics to remind you.....
https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/img-0093_large.jpg
https://mpg.cc/VillersPK/me_large.jpg |
Yeah Hornet is definately better. Sell me the CBR for really cheap!!!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|