Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Eastern European Style - Another continental yorn...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by Korn (9 Nov 2005 - 19:00)
View previous topic : View next topic  

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:03 - 29 Aug 2005    Post subject: Eastern European Style - Another continental yorn... Reply with quote

Hello Wonderful People.

For those who don't know, my big adventure (around Eastern Europe) is under way. I left Saturday on the 7am ferry for Calais.

What can I say. It has been eventful already. After speeding across Germany (thank you autobahn) I still managed to miss the main Moto GP events. I think mainly due to tiredness (I woke 2 hours late on Sunday morning).

The sights so far (not many as most were blurred Smile ) include a few nice castles in Germany (look like they are from Fairy tales), some beautiful roads in France, and Brno (Czech Republic) itself. It has lots of castles/Churches. A few I have visited are atop big hills near the centrum (centre).

I have read a bit of my book whilst perched atop a particularly nice one with a view of most of Brno.

So no adventure so far I hear you say? Well, I camped last night at a campsite near the Moto GP. This was ok. Met a couple english people and some french. Then went to sleep. In the night, bandits attacked our campsite! Well, actually 8+ guys ransacked the tents while we slept. I only found out when some french guys (who'd lost a camera, a phone, and some jumpers) woke me to tell me that my trousers were outside, and I'd probably been robbed too. They absconded with around 300Euros! Arse.

Well, we all waited for the polizie (something like that) to arrive, which they did, then took statements and gave us a form to aid any insurance claim (now I remember there being something in my head about, too expensive, why bother, DOH!). So we all chatted for a few hours. Very nice people. I figure this is the yin, so I'm looking forward to my yang.

I should be ok, about to check my bank now. Any donations are most welcome.....anyone.....anyone........fine :-p

I shall try and keep you all well informed of my travels (don't worry, I'll keep them short).

Hope you are all well. Feel free to write back. Take care, and mind out for bandits! (not the bikes)
Rgds,

-Nat-

EDIT: Pics will follow, if I don't loose my camera Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 29 Aug 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bummer! Evil or Very Mad

Never mind, nowt you can do about it now!

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

Thumbs Up

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:10 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again all,

Well, as some know and many of you will now guess, I am still alive, and surviving.

First of all a quick round-up.

Traveled to Brno, and missed the MotoGP (bad). That night bandits attacked our campsite (also bad). Laptop stopped working, so no maps/cheap phone calls/Internet access/pictures (guess...bad). Bank doesn't have enough money to draw more than about 20quids worth of money (still bad). Money will not arrive until Wednesday (not fantastic). Icing on the cake, my camera has died, so all photos will reside on my trusty phone (hmm, well).

So, with very little money, in a country a long way from help, I was a little curious as to how to continue. Its times like these that are make or break a person, or so I have been told. I didn't fancy spending another night in Brno (and meeting any more bandits), so I jumped on my bike and headed for some nice mountains I have been told about in northern Czech Rep.

I got a little lost along the way, the map I had bought was not very detailed. I stopped and asked a couple in a car who were sitting outside a newsagents type place. This is where karma started to come back. They went well out of their way to help me. Even though they didn't speak any English, and I no Czech. They understood my destination and then photocopied their own map (at their expense!) and highlighted a suggested route.

It was amazing, the guy had said no motorways (pointing to the key of the map) and gave me the thumbs up for A type roads. It was an amazing ride, I can only assume this guy must be a biker, he was spot on. Much better than motorway riding would have been.

Incidentally, if you are on Czech roads, and you see a sign warning you that it is slippery, take heed. I was traveling on a damp road, saw the sign, so slowed to 50mph, and I have never slipped so far whilst cornering. I slip a little and enjoy it, but this was unexpected. The bike nearly started a tank slapper, but luckily didn't get that far.

My only last spot of bad luck was still to come. That evening, whilst trying to guard my phone, I woke to find it in a puddle of water. None of the keys worked, so I could not use it.

Not to worry, I'm in a strange town with little money and no communication with anyone. No one seems to speak English. I sat back, enjoyed the sun, read my book (harry potter, sorry but what an ending!) and did some walking in the mountains. I just waited for something to turn up. The living is very cheap out here. I just bought water and had an evening meal at a little restaurant each day. The goulash is fantastic, and you'll love cabbage if you eat it here!

I enjoy the sounds I can hear, trains and their horns, constant hum of crickets, birds, the breeze through the trees.

Good times, maybe that robbery wasn't so bad after all, would I have really noticed all this if I was hurrying to the next place. I decide then to slow my trip down. Spend a little extra time in each place.

I walked round the most amazing rock castle whilst here. These rocks stand tall out of the ground around them, in a forest of very tall trees. One part is a long corridor (maybe 400m) which winds through between the rocks, only a should width (mostly) apart from ground to the sky, 40m above. It was so cold whilst walking along, that I could see my breath, even though in the open it was 30+ deg. There were several chambers in another cave, which were huge. Historically some king used this as his castle. A very tall rock was used as a look out, and after climbing some stairs (for the tourists benefit) you can see for many miles from the top. There is a water fall in one cave, which must have been 30m high, with a large lake above it. Its certainly worth a visit. At night you can see millions of stars, far more than beckenham anyway.

I have now moved onto Poland. The border guards gave me a strange look as I pulled up at 2am. The roads here seem to be of a lower quality than Czech (which were not great). The roads have dips where the wheels of the cars/lorries pass over. So it can catch an unwary traveler at night. Also they have full sized signs of a policeman standing in front of a police car pointing a radar at you. All the reflective panels on his jacket and the car reflect like they're real. They scared the life out of me first time I saw them, the car behind nearly hit me when I braked.

I am in Krakow at the moment, just been looking at the city. It seems most people get the bus to work. From a long way out of the city, I could see people waiting. I have already met a nice group of Kiwi's (New Zealand), we had a few beers and food last night and sat round chatting, which is the first English (fluent) speaking company I've had since Brno. Very pleasant.

I'll see some more of the city now, tomorrow I leave for Zenatob or something, to ascend a mountain. Does anyone know polish? I just found a card in some food I bought, which says I have won millions! But I can't decipher more than that...I'll share it with anyone who can help Smile

----
TIP
For anyone thinking of/traveling, just remember that: whatever happens, it may not necessarily be bad (even if it looks it at the time), and its not what situations you find yourself in, but how you react to them. Most importantly, something always comes along. There were loads of people whom offered their kind help along the way, if I needed I'm sure I would have been alright. So don't get too stressed, all will work out in the end.
----
Be safe and lucky all,
Rgds,

-Nat-

P.S. Still can't get laptop or camera working (the only ways I can get pictures off my phone to email. So I guess you'll have to wait. Did I mention something last time about keeping these short? Well, bad luck! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 14:33 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive trip, I don't think I'd ever dare to ride on Polish roads. Shocked

natv4 wrote:
Does anyone know polish? I just found a card in some food I bought, which says I have won millions! But I can't decipher more than that...I'll share it with anyone who can help Smile
I can try...

PS. Watch out for drunk lorry drivers in Poland; and if you get caught speeding by a lone copper a bottle of Vodka or 2 might smooth over the situation (cash is good too). Wink

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 15:10 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a little different from your average tour, shit luck about the money. Good to see your keeping your head up though Smile

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 15:27 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thread. Thumbs Up

P
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:49 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you travelling alone on this amazing trip?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 02 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Stuff Nat Cool

Keep the reports coming, they're great to read Thumbs Up

SteveH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:57 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, travelling alone. Thanks for the info. I'm currently carrying a couple bottles of vodka, a nice bottle of wine (essential as you'll find out in a mo) and a few other little trinkets that can be used as gifts.

Next report coming up shortly...

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:40 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures (finally purchased a card reader to get them from my phone).

I'm afraid I didn't realise that you have to put them in backwards, so if you goto the bottom of this post and work up, they will be in order.

Sorry. Embarassed

EDIT: Scrub that, they are in order. Smile I am a PC genius! Confused

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:53 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second round of pictures....

These will start to make sense when I finish my next report.

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:57 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the last of the photos (for now)...

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:15 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 22:52 - 01 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:36 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after all the effort of putting those pictures up, I will try and keep this semi-short. Maybe.

You last heard from me when I was in Krakow, Poland. That evening I met some more Kiwi's (how many of them are there?). This time it was 3 camper vans and 12 people in total. They were all very friendly.

Top Tip: You have to go and introduce yourself to anyone you can. Just walk over say, Hi, I'm....
That way you may meet new friends, or at the very least you tent and belongings should be safer because you neighbours will know you and suspect anyone else hanging around.

I had decided on an early night, but alas, it was not meant to be. Ended up chatting and drinking (pattern anyone?) the night away. Very nice.

I got up early to leave for Zenopane, though after talking to the Kiwi's, decided to go and see Aushwitz (concentration camp). This was very worthwhile. I learnt a lot about the war, and what people can do to each other. I guess I felt the same as everyone whom has seen the place. We can never let that happen again.

On the way back to Zenopane, stopped in Krakow to get a T-shirt and some food. After following some loud music (an outdoor concert) I ended up meeting the Kiwi's again! More beer and rugby followed. Life is very good. Left at about 7pm for Zenopane, amid calls for me to stay another night at the campsite.

Now I thought this may be a bad idea, trying to find somewhere to sleep at night. I must have asked 15 different hotels and pensions if they had space. I was just about to go back to a camp site in the centre of town when I saw a pension with people outside. I stopped and asked them if they had room. Arrick (not spelt like that, but pronunced that way) said he was just a guest, but to follow him. The manager said no problem and showed me a room. Result, how could this get any better.

There was a party going on, so I thought I'd grab some money from a bankomat and then get some sleep. When I got back, Arrick explained that it was a wedding (between Magda and Ryemond - pronounced not spelt). He asked if I wanted to join them.

TOP TIP: Always keep some wine, or little gifts while you travel, you never know...

I grabbed a bottle of wine (in a nice bottle, curvy shaped), and presented it to the bride and groom as my gift, explaining that I did not have much, but wanted them to have this.

They were very happy, and invited me to sit at the table with them. We ate great polish food. We drank far too much wodka (vodka - incidentally, they drink it straight, but have a grapefruit/fruit drink chaser. We danced and danced the night away. There was a traditional polish band. Everyone was so friendly. Those that could speak english did, those that couldn't tried. Sign language too. I ended up going to bed just before 4am.

At breakfast they invited me back to their table (next to the bride and groom). We chatted. Some told jokes in Polish. They asked me to be in their photo of everyone. I have not met such welcoming people in all my life. They suggested a place for me to go next and offered for me to stay with them if I'm ever in Poland again. I did likewise and we swapped addresses. When it was time for me to go, the groom hugged me and the bride kissed my cheeks. Warm feeling that I couldn't shift (still haven't) in my heart.

Thank you Karma! Yin Yang great. Its strange, but not unexpected. As with most trips, the best parts are the chance happenings. Other peoples suggestions and just dumb luck.

I visited the mountains, cable car to top, then walk around for a couple hours. There is nothing like the quiet hum/breeze of the mountains for feeling good. I read my book and stuck my head in the clouds, literally Razz . I continued into Slovakia, enjoying the setting sun and stunning mountains.

I sit here in a cafe in Slovakia (propard or something), having spent the night in a hotel. Time to find a camp site and plan the next step. I think the night life of Kosice calls.

Be lucky all.

-NAt-

Photos can also be found: https://1nut.com/pics
under tours/Eastern Europe 2005.

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:46 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vespa. I was thinking along the lines of one hell of a lot of bonfires, but your idea sounds a little more useful. What a varied, intelligent bunch we have on BCF.

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:09 - 05 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 22:53 - 01 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:26 - 07 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vespa - They still said no to Croatia, I'm gonna try get insurance at the border. I tried everything, they just wouldn't, insurance companies, its like they are employing us.

Ahoj! (Hi) All. Here is another action packed (well long) look at my world of travels.

Well I'm in sunny Kosice, Slovkia. This looks like a lively place, judging by last nights drive around looking for a pension. I'm going to miss the Tatra Mountains, there is nothing like waking up, sticking your head out of the tent to be greeted by a view of a huge mountain (see pic when I put them up).

Just after I wrote my last message, I found that my panniers were now missing the 4 main screws that attach them to the bike. I'm not sure if they were removed (foul play), or fell out. I managed to find 2 of them in the plastics under the seat. Once again the internet saved me. I located a Honda/Givi Dealer and trekked over there. Sadly they did not have the parts in stock. I was about to wonder what todo next when the mechanic came out, had a look and then went foraging. He found some screws and washers, which were a little long. So 20mins of filing and checking and I now have a secure rack again. Even better, the guy would not take any money! He just said have fun.

So yin yang again. The bad, followed by the good.

After climbing another mountain, and once again having my head in the clouds (its a great sight, watching clouds waft up a cliff past you!), I have decided to move on from the Tatra Mountains. I love sitting at the top of a mountain ridge and just enjoying the feeling. It is now time to see new sights. Incidentally, its a crying shame about the forests here. There is devastation from strong winds earlier in the year. Probably 80% of the trees have fallen. Trucks are constantly moving logs away. It must have been a very impressive forest before (judging by the stumps left behind).

I left 8pm yesterday night, heading for Presov then Kosice. The roads here can be quite good. Certainly this road was a main one. Mostly just 100kph sweeping corners. Lovely to ride along. I took the bike up a dirt track toward the top of a big hill, just to see what was there. Well the road narrowed and the woods on each side grew thick. I was carefully trying to avoid the branches that were lying across the road. I was just thinking I should turn back before I get a puncture when; I reached the top. At the top stood a tall tower (maybe water) with red lights glowing. I looked up into the night sky for a few minutes, many stars before me once again. I was rewarded with a bright shooting star! Whoo!. I made my wish and moved on.

I stopped in a little motorest (truckers cafe). One thing I don't think I have mentioned is that when in different places, one of the most fun things to do is try local food. I especially like restaurants without English menus. A friend got me into the habit, of just looking at price to see what the main dishes are, and selecting at random. Of course sometimes you get something bad, but often not. I did exactly this, and saw the waitresses nose wrinkle up. She shook her head and pointed at something else (she didn't speak English). Then gave a thumbs up and a smile. So what I ended up with is a soup/broth like dish with vegetables and noodles in. Delicious.

TOP TIP: Try food roulette, it makes things a lot more interesting.

Also watch out for truck drivers in Slovakia, most of them were drinking beer, and some looked pretty drunk.

Backtracking a little. I just thought I would mention a near miss I had whilst driving. I was following these little country roads (well surfaced to the edge of the road). I was having a good time, leaning the bike nicely into each corner, using the infrequent street lamps as a guide. This was my little mistake. I had assumed that the lamps were following the road. It turns out they were actually following the foot path next to the road. As you may already have guessed, the foot path left the road, so as I approached a 90deg sharp left, I thought it was a slight kink. I managed to brake hard and then drop in, on the power. I just got round scrapping peg and brushing the trees with my pannier.

TOP TIP: If you don't know the roads, don't drive like you do.

Well, I don't think this has been the most interesting post (no bandits I'm afraid). I'll try and make it up to you next time.

Be lucky all,
Dovidenia (bye),

-Nat-
P.S. Pics to come tonight (no card reader at mo).

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:32 - 07 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 22:54 - 01 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 12:55 - 07 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice read and im impressed with your phone camera.
the phone cameras i know of dont take pics as nice as that

The Dude
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:42 - 07 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is what a bike forum should be about. I haven't enjoyed reading anything on here as much as i am enjoying this. Keep it coming NAT. I must admit, i'm jealous as hell.lol

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:31 - 10 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I managed to remember my card reader this time, so here are the next set of pics...

I have also decided to try a different style of writing...so apologies if it does not suit, any feedback on style or content welcome.

Now where did we leave you....Ah yes, a motorest shortly before Kosice.

Late night Kosice is complex, messy sprawl of a city. I'm immediately lost. Hope is wanning. I criss cross a city with no reference points. Camp site? Can't see it. Roads are 12am busy, being overtaken by the 6th merc travelling more than twice the speed limit, in town. The roads are bad, slippy, bumpy, broken. I stop. A petrol station oasis in the middle of a confusing mess. I buy drink and chocolate, a map too. Whilst mentally spinning the map, trying to make some sense, some point of reference...I'm interrupted. Spreckon ze deutche? No I reply.
Oh.
Where you want to?
bed.
ah. ok. You want place sleep (showing head against hands).
Yes.
Ok, I help you. Come.
So I follow him at precisely speed limit. 4th time lucky we find a place with room. I thank him, asking if he wants some money. He says no thank you. Do you want drink? or sleep? I politely indicate sleep and say goodbye. My head doesn't even touch the pillow.

Morning comes, bringing with it realisation that this is probably the worst hotel/pension I have ever been in. Cobwebs and a shower where most of the water never reached the head. No soap or toilet paper. No towel. Nothing. Just 1 redundant ash tray, chipped in more than one place.

I leave, picking up an unusual looking fruit drink vended from machine in reception. Again, night? No thanks. I hold back a "not likely" look. I wouldn't mind, but this place cost a lot, relatively.

Kosice is pretty simple by day. Theres a main street, with a couple old churches and a grand fountain in the middle. The fountain pulsates to the steady drone of classical music, played from surrounding speakers. I find out that night that there are also lights to this display. I'm so impressed I stand there, gawping for maybe 20mins. I walk the street, perusing the shops. After trying on a couple of nice shirts, I realise that sizes are different here. Or maybe I am not as thin as I thought. Probably the latter. I buy nothing, instead choosing to get a bite to eat...I wonder if this is the reason?

I find a camp site on the far side of town. A 21 year old leicstershire lad is struggling with his tent. I help, surprising him that I'm English. We must be the only 2 here. Its his first day, after a flight and 10 hour train ride, he mentions bumpy several times. We chat about the normal traveller fair. Why don't more people do this...isn't it great....I'm feeling lonely and homesick (between the lines).

I finish my book and chat to the pretty girl managing the camp site. I try and tempt her into a night out. I figure a boyfriend is behind the "no thank you" and have it confirmed as I leave in the evening. I hand wash some clothes, hang them out to dry then stroll around town. Stopping here and there to try and find a disco or an english speaking person (both). Nothing. I have a few coke cola's (they don't understand when I say "lime with soda" or "lemonade". This really isn't an english speaking place. I stare at a pretty customer, talking animatedly with her friends, then head back to the camp site, stopping for a long time (until it was switched off) to watch the fountain dance and flash to few golden oldies. I fall asleep knowing my dreams will be an evening of failure. I need a dance.

Another day, another couple hundred miles. I'm awake, showered, and packed before the sun rises. I casually chime "Have a nice day!" to the pretty camp site girl, whom yesterday I could hear repeating it to herself, learning. She blushes slightly, and replies by repeating it (perfectly) with a smile.

I see many strange poles with a large ballon shape at the top. I wonder if anyone will be able to tell me what they are? I take a picture and make a mental note to ask. I notice that as I travel west the land to the north has a distant, small, ridge. To the south, nothing. Perfectly flat as far as I could see. The first thing I remember about Hungary is this very flat land. The sky somehow seems bigger. No houses, trees, hills, valleys to block it. My only distractions being the odd car flying past, maybe 130mph or more. Sometimes I give chase, until they pull in to let me past. Other times I just enjoy the feeling of movement.

I loose myself again, as the motorway becomes a road, becomes a busy multi laned road. There is a beautiful park on my right, I try and remember to revisit it later. I casually navigate the city, not knowing or caring where I go. Its still early. I have time to find a camp site. Occasionally I stopped and photo some tourist infested landmark. The roads are big and wide, a little bumpy. The whole city seems to ooze grandeur. I see the river. I nearly fall in front of a taxi. Its enormous. The only similarity between this and the Thames is the murky uninviting quality. Its HUGE! Dramatically separating Buda from Pest. From this bridge I can see castles, mountains... my exit...Arse. Well, it can only be a matter of taking the next right...

45mins later and I'm back to the bridge, this time finding my exit and my camp site. As I drive around looking for a suitable spot to make camp, a brash, loud Aussie yells welcoming words at me. I here him say "camp here, grab yourself a beer" I do. I like Aussie and kiwi's. Why is the southern hemi-sphere so friendly and inviting? Maybe just the ones who travel?

I awake slightly groggy. The sound of a scooter engine trying to meet its end is penetrating my skull. Where did last night go?

I seem to recall many smiling faces, pats on the back, someone mention "your first funnel?".... Ah it starts to return. The scooter stops. It wasn't my imagination. Much beer, 2 stunning brunettes and a blonde take turns to reject me. They weren't in my league, maybe I should join a gym? Nah, the just weren't into men! Wink I look at the clock. It reads too early, but since I'm up, I abuse the bowl. 2 flushes later and I'm satisfied all is gone. I take the train (on one of the aussie chick recommendations) to tourist central and climb a big hill to a castle. Hungary's zero tolerance on drink driving has been mentioned more than once. Only a thousand tourists are lurking, snapping, flashing. "Oh Bill, look the view, get a photo of this, and that...I'll sit here, get that in..."

I spy a cafe, boasting Panoramic view! A sign says guests only. Good, I think, no cameras/tourists/annoyances. Wrong, at least the views still good, when I don't have someone posing for a photo in front of me. The staff seem a little impatient, imply I shouldn't be there. "Anything to order, Sir?" I thank him and with my best "I am very, very posh" voice I order a cafe latte and some peace. The cheeky waitress brings my 3 euro coffee & bill, mentioning that service is NOT included. I stop myself openly agreeing it seemed to be missing. Smile

2 Coffee's and a Hungarian cake later, I find the sign is not working and people keep walking in and taking pictures next to my table (I did have a great view) blocking my view of anything but old German tourist. I leave a generous tip, even though the waitress declined my proposal. I can say, without doubt, there are some beautiful women in this Budapest.

I wake early, dream evaporating to the sound of another engine. A van passes my tent. I feel and urge to urinate. A quick glimpse of the map & I'm heading to the toilette and shower, dodging evil flying biting things. I pack tent and swiftly depart. The main (pedestrian) shopping street in Pest is Vaci Ulca. Its nearly empty at 8.30am. I find that english papers don't get here till noon, too late for me. I walk around, looking for a T-shirt and internet. I find both. First I get breakfast, choosing the cafe based upon attractiveness of the waitresses smile & ambiance. I order cheese & ham sandwich, followed by Anna's special sundae (real peaches, melons, ice-cream, and whipped cream). Why don't shirts fit me anymore? An amazing taste to match the appearance. I follow up with coffee and contemplate my second marriage proposal in 2 days.

Its not even noon before I depart for Croatia and whatever problems with insurance I meet at the border. What a way to start a day, no rush, no hurry, no dread. I shall never drink again!

Here I come Croatia!

Please someone tell me what those things are, as ever thanks for all your replies, it keeps me from feeling home sick.
Be lucky all,

-Nat-
P.S. I do like the picture of the bike and the mountain.

Vespa
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:28 - 10 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Vespa on 22:55 - 01 Nov 2005; edited 1 time in total

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 10 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like you had the time of your life, I enjoyed reading it. Thumbs Up

alliamc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:47 - 10 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Nat! I can't wait to see when you get back!! I'm very lonely without my bestest bestest buddy Smile Sounds like you're having a blinding time, I'd love to try and do what you're doing... maybe I should be out looking for a VFR800 right now...

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 14:50 - 10 Sep 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mate Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3