Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A big road trip

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Touring & Exploration by G (30 Dec 2005 - 23:12)
View previous topic : View next topic  

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:31 - 28 Dec 2005    Post subject: A big road trip Reply with quote

Any one got any big road trips planned for next year.
I fancy spain-portugal.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:41 - 28 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceland via Shetland.

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 28 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Months, 24 EU countries plus another half dozen or so others, and I estimate about 12,000 miles. Oh, and that will be on a 30 year old bike Cool

Not enough people were in awe at me over my tour of Spain, but with this trip I should get limitless boasting rights down the pub Thumbs Up

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 28 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on a little get away for 2 weeks, aye.

Just trying to find the right bike for me and what will be suitable for the trip. The VTR certainly isn't. Laughing

Looks like my next bike will be a faired bandit. Smile

Black Knight
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 29 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to have a little jaunt around Europe mid summer. Not quite as magnificent at Nath's but should be fun all the same. Smile
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

jonnay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 29 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

cornwall - london and back on a 2t 125 Razz Should be... interesting. Not that far for you touring types, but quite a way for me to go all at once, on my own.

Jon

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 29 Dec 2005    Post subject: . Reply with quote

big by my standards. Hoping to ride my ickle 125 to Holyhead, and get a ferry to Dublin, and ride around Ireland for a bit.

My longest trip so far on it, Bedford to Fareham.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:45 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, once again Nath has trumpted me.

I'm looking at the following options:

1. India (mostly goa, bombay, and the Himalayas)
2. Norway (in summer)
3. St Petersburg, Moscow, Ukraine, Mayge Croatia on the way back)

I just got to some how find a way to take more time off work.
Nath - 3 months, I for one am very jealous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bod
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:10 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a mate have planned a trip round Europe. Starting off in France, going through Germany, through Holland to Amsterdam then coming back on the ferry from Rotterdam. Looking forward to it. Only problem is will my back take the pace, I've got an RSV Mille Confused . So looking at getting a Caponord before I go.

greatmoorred
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:17 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

the norway trip sounds good,ive got a mate who has moved to storsiennes, way up north. I reckon you would get empty roads and at least 15 hours of good daylight, maybe more.

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Route 66 by Harley for us next August, all being well. Just got to work finances out as we want to do it properly.

Failing that, we will be going to China (but no riding over there!)

3806danny
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:46 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator whats wrong with the vtr arnt they pretty good?

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

3806danny wrote:
instigator whats wrong with the vtr arnt they pretty good?

Fine, just thirsty on the fuel and have a small tank range, which I would be constantly worrying about in deserted places.

3806danny
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:50 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

aint bandits juicey as well Question

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not as bad at all.

3806danny
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:55 - 30 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

should my 600 be good fuel ? only had a little go yesterday but it was raining all day 2 day? would like to ride up 2 scotland dont know if i could do lol

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:00 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a mega road trip but spending four/five days riding to Le Mans for the MotoGP next year

hopefully will do some other europe based jaunt as well given half a chance

3806danny
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:09 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much for the moto ticket? where can they b payed for?

R6jonny
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:15 - 31 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

3806danny wrote:
how much for the moto ticket? where can they b payed for?

dunno how much the ticket itself was ...going with a group of mates and paying around £250 for train, GP tickets and B & B for a few nights ....just got to make sure one of the bikes is ready to take by then lol

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:58 - 03 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planing on going to Portugal in July. Mainly for the Moto Clube Faro Rally 2005, which has Iron Maiden as one of the live bands this year. But also as it will be good fun. I've already planned almost everything, well it pays to book everything early Cool

Mik

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 03 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mik_RX125 wrote:
I'm planing on going to Portugal in July. Mainly for the Moto Clube Faro Rally 2005, which has Iron Maiden as one of the live bands this year.

How do you know this? I shall be in attendance at the Faro rally, but I never heard that Maiden were playing Confused

DukeRed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 04 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost definately doing India next Christmas. It's a bit like spring, Summer is way too hot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:31 - 04 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath wrote:
Mik_RX125 wrote:
I'm planing on going to Portugal in July. Mainly for the Moto Clube Faro Rally 2005, which has Iron Maiden as one of the live bands this year.

How do you know this? I shall be in attendance at the Faro rally, but I never heard that Maiden were playing Confused

I went to the rally last year and on the leaflets we were given it showed that Iron Maiden are playing, as it's the 25th anniversary of the rally. I'll have a look and see if I can find the bits and pieces lying around, and post a photocopy of it.

Mik

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 05 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going anywhere too far this next year i dont think...

Planning a few camping trips around the UK (same as last year realy) and a week or twos holiday up in Yorkshire...

Following on from that i am planning on getting over to the French side of the channel for some nice riding. Aparently its pretty good over there, and for my first trip abroad i think its not a bad choice.

Just depends how reliable the GS500 is being when it comes to it, unfortunately all my trips have to go through this stage, and at some point or another, are put back on the drawing board untill the old girl decides to go again Wink

Mik_RX125
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:42 - 07 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Method wrote:
Just depends how reliable the GS500 is being when it comes to it, unfortunately all my trips have to go through this stage, and at some point or another, are put back on the drawing board untill the old girl decides to go again Wink

You are mad. It's painful enough doing a 100 mile trip on my GS500. I wouldn't even think of going to France on it. In my experience, and 3 months of owning one, they aren't terribly reliable or comfortable after 40 or so miles.

Mik
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2