Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Samurai...(Bandit bodywork pics - 56k warning)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:13 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: The Samurai...(Bandit bodywork pics - 56k warning) Reply with quote

Looking to get some feedback on a bodykit we're currently working on for the Bandit, tis prototype at the mo so still undergoing changes for the MkII. The kit also requires a subframe conversion which would be supplied. Everything is sculpted with an edge, hence the name (i.e. you can see the raised edge on tank etc).

Obviously, the bike is missing parts which isn't helping the look, and the light was crap so pics bit dark (had to boost em up in Paintshop). (tis a bit dusty too)

Indicators still need to be fitted into the nose and the tail (they fit flush into the moulded recess's). The headlamp is an 'Angel Eye' design like BMW, it's not turned on in the pics, but the flash from the camera makes it look like it is! Laughing

Is this something that you would buy for your Bandit; I will update the pics once the bike is built and I'll take them in daylight? Wink

(ignore the carbon bit on top of the rear seat, it got messed up, there will be a small seat pad there instead now)

https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/14.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/1.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/00.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/2.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/3.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/4.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/7.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/9.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/10.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/12.jpg
https://www.driftmoto.com/f1moto/new/13.jpg

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 21:25 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the sex Shocked

Cant really say any thing else Laughing

Just looks so nice Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

greenmeanie
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:28 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks pretty sweet that mate. i especially like the back end. what sort of price will you be looking at for the lot or is it just a one off? have you made the hugger/chain gaurd aswell? will it also fit a 600 im guessing thats a 12? make sure to show us the completed bike!! good work bud, you have a potential customer here. is there a bcf discount? Wink Wink

Thumbs Up Mr. Green

edit: twin underseat cans would look sweet.

McGee
O RLY?

PostPosted: 21:32 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would even consider buying a bandit just for that kit Mr. Green would like to see it with a carbon can Thumbs Up Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 21:35 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bellypan seems to unbalance it a bit, looks too heavy at the front with the sparse tail end. Is there something usually under the seat / behind the engine? Looks awfully empty around there.

Headlight's well bling though. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:37 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it sounds weird, but it might look better with brake discs fitted...

I don't like the tail, but the rest could look acceptable on a finished bike. Smile

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:40 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Re: The Samurai...(Bandit bodywork pics - 56k warning) Reply with quote

Don't like the belly pan.

Doesn't the bandit have a welded subframe as standard?

NC30UK
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:43 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seat unit reminds me of an MV.

Belly pan reminds me of a basking shark Laughing

Clean the top of that engine!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:43 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki already made a bike called the 'Samurai". KH250A1.

https://www.motosclassicas70.com.br/kawa_350_avenger.jpg

edited: first piccy was a zed Doh!

Last edited by stinkwheel on 21:48 - 16 Jan 2006; edited 1 time in total

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belly pan needs a grill to close it up a bit or just make it higher up.
But very nice though ! Thumbs Up like the arse end ! Very Happy

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:59 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
looks pretty sweet that mate. i especially like the back end. what sort of price will you be looking at for the lot or is it just a one off? have you made the hugger/chain gaurd aswell? will it also fit a 600 im guessing thats a 12? make sure to show us the completed bike!!

We're working on the prices at the mo, once we have a finished article ready for selling, I'll know more. Yes, it's a completely new setup, hugger / chain guard included.

Quote:
The bellypan seems to unbalance it a bit, looks too heavy at the front with the sparse tail end. Is there something usually under the seat / behind the engine?

Yup, still have the exhaust system to fit, will either be an under seat or under engine setup, hence the empty areas.

Quote:
Don't like the belly pan.

Doesn't the bandit have a welded subframe as standard?

Yup, belly pan is the first thing we decided to be chopped up a bit, will be the MkII. The bandit does indeed have a welded subframe as standard. This is removed and the new subframe fitted.

Quote:
Clean the top of that engine!

Umm...no! Razz

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 22:11 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like it.

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:27 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont like it.

No worries mate, all comments are welcome. Any particular reason why, or just not your style of bike (streetfighter) Question

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 22:32 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure Thinking

Maybe a mini belly pan?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:36 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I hope you're not going to call it a 'street fighter' Smile.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 22:46 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned fit the discs back on the front, even loosely. For a streetfighter you want lot's of weight over the front so it looks aggressive.

What's the tail off/copied from? An F4 or a K5 gixxer? Either way it's too long, you need it shorter in length and to change the line's so it appears thinner. Seem's too long and bulky at the moment, and as though it got chucked on from what you found lying about, not good for a kit imho.

Can draw up some sketches if necessary, just ask. Thumbs Up

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, though I agree that the rear could do with a bit of trimming (it looks fairly wide to me) and the bellypan needs a bit of work, it's just a bit big!

Excellent project though, nicely done. If I had a Bandit I'd be proud to have it wearing something like that.

Klause
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed feelings about it. I really like the tail section, not sure about the front though. You will have to post the end product for my final thoughts.

I know what it is... Everything is sorta custom, has an edge. But that belly pan is just a belly pan to me, needs more edge, something different.

Last edited by Klause on 23:00 - 16 Jan 2006; edited 1 time in total

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 22:58 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it apart from the big hole in the middle by the engine.

Good work dude. Thumbs Up

spakmitten
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 23:04 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

add this and i'll take it

red wheels
red bars (ooooo you have)
red brake calipers(maybe the inside bit of the discs too)
red samurai logo

leave frame and everthing else black

p.s front wheel looks mighty strange and big with no discs on it

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:09 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As mentioned fit the discs back on the front, even loosely. For a streetfighter you want lot's of weight over the front so it looks aggressive.

What's the tail off/copied from? An F4 or a K5 gixxer? Either way it's too long, you need it shorter in length and to change the line's so it appears thinner. Seem's too long and bulky at the moment, and as though it got chucked on from what you found lying about, not good for a kit imho.

Still has the oil cooler to fit, pipes etc, plus a model with clocks which will make the front heavier. The tail is loosley based on MV/916 but built from scratch with new light mouldings etc.. Seat pad with help with the balance of things.

I think with the rest of the bike built it will help balance out the 'weight' effect, something my brother is very aware of (having built previous 'fighters'.

Quote:
Everything is sorta custom, has an edge. But that belly pan is just a belly pan to me, needs more edge, something different.

Yes, unfortunately my camera didn't pick out the edges so well in the dull light, but improvements will be made to the belly.

Keep the comments coming, all are welcome. After all this will be available to the public at some point. Thumbs Up

The finished bike is going to Streetfighters for a feature before being sold, in order to cover design costs. Thumbs Up

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:13 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
red bars

Actually they were just fitted so we could wheel it around, it's having straight bars (black) on the finished article! Laughing

BFG
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:27 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice. Quality work too. Thumbs Up

I'm amazed at the restraint shown in correcting the peeps re "the hole in the bellypan" Laughing

Guys - That's where the exhaust downpipes go.

What's the material? And the obvious question, can you do carbon fibre? Only downside could be that it looks like it would cost more than you can buy a bandit for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:30 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think bendy was actually thinking about the airbox - got a feeling normally a bandit has some kind of cover there.

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:42 - 16 Jan 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's the material? And the obvious question, can you do carbon fibre? Only downside could be that it looks like it would cost more than you can buy a bandit for.

It's fiberglass, but very thick and the bodywork doesn't flex at all but weights a ton. Think we'd prolly make it a bit thinner in future. But the heaver the molding the better the finished product will be.

Unfortunately we can't do this bodywork in carbon as it would push the price up too much. Thumbs Down

Quote:
Think bendy was actually thinking about the airbox - got a feeling normally a bandit has some kind of cover there.

Yup, there would normally be either an airbox or K&N's fitted to the carbs.

P.S The bodywork was only fitted today after being painted, hence the last minute pics, as the bike still needs to be finished.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 106 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2