BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Nc30 rebuild/destruction !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever you finally get it to the shiny bit how hard is it to keep it looking good?

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 11 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just need new tires and a decent black/carbon exhaust next month !

Just had shit trying to bleed the rear brake do to the fact the last owner had snapped of the rear brake nipple ! Snapped off an easy-out in the process of getting the remainder out,but it's jammed solid. So we managed/bodged to bleed the air out in a different way and i now have a rear brake with no air in it !!!

Also i tried to do a carb balance on it,which i had to give in as its such a pain in the arse !
Anyone got any tips on getting at the intake screw's on the vfr on the right hand side of the bike ? There's so much blocking the access to the carb's etc.. on that side. Question
The shit i've had with getting this back running tidy,i might even convince my self to use this as a track bike and buy a cbr600rr instead !Twisted Evil

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

toughmat wrote:
i didnt use any polishing mops!!

I had to use some paint stripper to remove the Adanoised(spellling) of the frame and then i used some wet & dry, i started off with 120grit then moved up to 1500grit, but with the swingarm i didnt have to use the paint stripper, just use wet & dry.

Try that and if it doesnt work use the mop.

I baught a mop to tackle my frame from the nec and i had 2 different compound it depends what compiund you use, you the finest compound you got, and go from there if you want anyother information PM me and ill gladly help

P.s if you are going to use wet & dry you will wish that you had never started because it does take time and it will remove several layers of your fingers, But it is toatally worth it

Good Luck
Thanks Matt

tell me about it Im polishing my frame at the moment and I must have already spent 30 hours so far. I've only gone down to 600 grit do you really think I should go all the way to 1200?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser

PostPosted: 01:09 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that hugger looks tight with some normally flattish profile BT92's that are half worn, you don't want to see the clearance with a new set of egg-shaped 090's or gpr70's Wink

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:22 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurice wrote:
If you think that hugger looks tight with some normally flattish profile BT92's that are half worn, you don't want to see the clearance with a new set of egg-shaped 090's or gpr70's Wink

That bad ? Shocked I've got to get a new set next month !

BTW Finally got the bike up and running,had a quick go on it last night.Thinking that i could go for a nice run today.......think again ! Sad Bloody snow !

v4forlife
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:59 - 12 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to my taste, but each to their own.
im gonna start stripping mine down soon, but im going all the way with it. im looking to have alot of trick bits on it. black frame and swinger, maxton shock, rs250/zx636 forks, mercury stacked zaust etc

with the rear brake lines, you should have gone low tech and hidden it in the swinger.

good luck with it all though, and to you too deano. hopefully by the end of the year/next year there are gonna be alot of really trick nc's on the road:)

toughmat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 13 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deano wrote:
toughmat wrote:
i didnt use any polishing mops!!

I had to use some paint stripper to remove the Adanoised(spellling) of the frame and then i used some wet & dry, i started off with 120grit then moved up to 1500grit, but with the swingarm i didnt have to use the paint stripper, just use wet & dry.

Try that and if it doesnt work use the mop.

I baught a mop to tackle my frame from the nec and i had 2 different compound it depends what compiund you use, you the finest compound you got, and go from there if you want anyother information PM me and ill gladly help

P.s if you are going to use wet & dry you will wish that you had never started because it does take time and it will remove several layers of your fingers, But it is toatally worth it

Good Luck
Thanks Matt

tell me about it Im polishing my frame at the moment and I must have already spent 30 hours so far. I've only gone down to 600 grit do you really think I should go all the way to 1200?

Oh course but i would go up to 1500
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

toughmat
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 16 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

im suprised that you didnt replace the sprocket when u did the chain
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2