Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

5th March South-East ridout

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 19:02 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: 5th March South-East ridout Reply with quote

Well today i woke up and opened my blind and saw the lovly clear sky and dry floor and though, "today is going to be fun" Very Happy

I cleaned the bike yestaday so got it out 9.30am and did a few last minute things to it (was playing with the brake lever to get it right mainly) and off i went into town to meet siggi.

Get there (early for a change) and siggi soon arives and off we go to Brighton at a "steady pace" Smile hoing about 110mph and some lights (on duel carrage way) turn red, had to slam the brakes on and rear lock and well only just stoped, brown trouser moment!

Get to brighton about 20mins early. We then wait about 25mins for tatters and Joe to turn up and then after about 10 more mins Micheal J turns up and then we wait for Yokogeri and Davo.

And the we wait some more.......and more.......AND MORE and finally Yoko turns up about 50mins late!! Davo still not there so we set off and tell him to meet up there Rolling Eyes

onto the A23 up to boxhill and all going a nice 70mph as lots of traffic and i see some lights in my mirror of a bike in the distance, and this R6 undertake about 4 of us and joins the front with Siggi, i look at the number late and think "i know that plate" and sure enough Davo had somehow made it!!

The rest of the ride was fun except when i come inches away from be taken out my some b*tch that didnt check on a roundabout, my leg brushed past her car!! i thought my R+Gs were going to clip the car and end out on the tarmac, tatters agreed with me she came from nowhere, shat my pants for the second time (quite brown by this point Shocked Shocked Shocked )

Joe seemed to get left behind and turned up later at Boxhill as he had to stop for feul.

We then meet Wave, Fazed and have a burger, was fun and decide to ride to rye (about 30-40miles south) so off we go and was great fun. They all turned in for fuel except me and fazed didnt relise and blasted off and had our own little "suzuki V-Twin rideout" till we pull in and relise we had lost them all.

Sure enough, while Fazed is "releving himself" they all turn upand off to eastbourne then to rye. good road the A22 was and nice and open and long bend to really lean into which helped my confidence after a winter on being upright!!

However, we lost yoko and werent sure where he went, hope you got back ok yoko!!!

I went at eastbourne as had to get back (about 10miles from my house) but the rest went onto rye. overall a very good day and had a nice time. Only need a new rear tyre i think so next weeks pay is going on that Crying or Very sad

heres a pic of the worst bit, my tyre was NOT like this this morning Shocked
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/andy13_uk/PICT0083.jpg

Davo got a few pics of the day so hopefully he will post them up Thumbs Up

so thought id right about it as really sore and my legs hurt from my new leather trousers Sad are a bit more worn in now

craigs23
Mr Muscle

PostPosted: 19:12 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, missed out again. Sorry, too hungover today to brave sunlight.

That tyre looks a little worn Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 19:35 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
Dang, missed out again. Sorry, too hungover today to brave sunlight.

That tyre looks a little worn Confused

I know, the rear locked up a fair way so going to get onto having a new rear fitted this week, pay day thusday so well have to to not ride much before then Thumbs Down

On the plus side.....its burnout time Cool

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 20:17 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ride out, Waves kung-foo mirror riping was funny Laughing
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 20:24 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good blast Thumbs Up

Nice one Wave, that made me chuckle Laughing

Shame we didn't get down to Rye much earlier so we could have had a good go on the Camber Sands Road.

As Siggi was saying, we need to have a meet time and stick to it in the future, people turning up in drips and drabs is no good.

Maybe say, meet at 11 for a 11.15 leave, that sort of thing.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Good ride out, Waves kung-foo mirror riping was funny Laughing

Yeah, pissed myself laughing Laughing

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 20:30 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brilliant ride, best of 2006 so far, cant believe that bloke nearly taking me out, cant believe i lashed out so bad. (i blame siggi bad infulence:P)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 20:33 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happend, you take a mirror off? and i missed it!

Wave2k
G's Stalker

PostPosted: 20:37 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

car pulled into my lane last minute 'oh shit im in the wrong lane thing'
dodged the car and took his mirror right off. i just hope i dont get done for it, getting the anger out of my system since the last carger decieded to do a turn without looking which ended up with me in an ambulance.
tossers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:38 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't just take it off, he nearly sent into orbit!!!

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 20:44 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

gd gd, i wished i had though to do that when some b*tch when to overtake while i was over taking friday as i was so close to coming off

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 21:04 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: 5th March South-East ridout Reply with quote

Andy C wrote:
However, we lost yoko and werent sure where he went, hope you got back ok yoko!!!

Maybe he saw a sheep and had to stop. Laughing

Sounded like a good day, still a bit chilly though isn't it.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 21:06 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant remember,....buy a bike and find out!!!!!!

no it wasnt as the sun was out, i was wearing my summer jacket and a jumper underneath and was fine, and just leather trousers nothing under then (cept my boxers course) and wasnt cold

fazed
Korn is my hero!

PostPosted: 22:39 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Wave said best ride so far plenty more to come I am sure Cool Me and Wave had a good blast home some nice twisty's I didn't know about .

White Noise
Mr Dudwee

PostPosted: 23:22 - 05 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: 5th March South-East ridout Reply with quote

Andy C wrote:
We then meet Wave, Fazed

*cough* Thinking *cough* Rolling Eyes

ok, i didn't make the actually ride but i have other commitments like food and the gym, i agree if you say a time be there at that time or say you are going to be late as it fooks the rest of things up!
15 minute ley way and thats it!
WN
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight

Groove
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoko only 50 minutes late? He was more like 4 hours late when i went Rolling Eyes
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!

PostPosted: 02:49 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a bloody good ride today at some spirited speeds, although East Sussex County Council seem to have gone well overboard with the gritters Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch

PostPosted: 04:54 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gotta admit that's one advantage you guys have, there's more of you so more rideouts, usually it's just four of us out here! Laughing

looks like you guys had a good blast i look forward to coming out on rideouts with you lot Thumbs Up

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 18:47 - 06 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: 5th March South-East ridout Reply with quote

White Noise wrote:
Andy C wrote:
We then meet Wave, Fazed

*cough* Thinking *cough* Rolling Eyes

i knew i forgot someone!!! sorry mike. Ringing about a new rear tomorrow as not using the bike so should be fine

siggi wrote:
Highlights of the day included Andy sailing past me on a red light, rear wheel locked up

i cant believe i was sure it was my forks and shock and not my discs, the shock is much better now, as was bouncing around a bit due to forks being quite hard, is a hard ride but i like it like that (road seems to give more feedback), the breaks are really good now and wouldnt have problem slowing from 100mph now!!

Yokogeri wrote:
Well I got as far as Eastbourne and then got lost I not so confident at overtaking specially now I'm on full power, white lines, crap that collects in the middle of the road n all that.

i tried to ring you, did you not get a missed call, maybe its your old number Rolling Eyes , yea we were going a fair pace, my SV really didnt have any more power as was really nailing it and going for 7th gear a lot Rolling Eyes

Great day but working next sunday Sad

Lost_Prophet
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:42 - 07 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah,

the ver mystical '7th' gear, souded like you had a good blast
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1