Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

halfrauds - this says it all.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:38 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

I was assigned the easy and simple task of getting brake pads for my dads car and fitting them, easy i thought, get brakes pads from halfords, 2 hour job then all finished.

Halfrauds then decided not to give me the correct brake pads, so my dads car was sitting on the drive for a week without pads cause they had to order them in Rolling Eyes

but the good bit..

The pads i bought originally were £34 quid, the ones i needed were £54 quid, so Once i had my new pads i went to the front till put both sets of pads on the desk and said "returning theses ones (wrong ones) taking theses one (correct ones)

Now i dont know what happened inside the till operators brain but i got i refund of £54 quid instead of paying an extra £20 for the pads I needed Confused

And to think people pays these people to actually fit parts to their cars Rolling Eyes

Not that im complaning up £54 quid courtesy of an idiot Laughing [/i]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
And to think people pays these people to actually fit parts to their cars Rolling Eyes

The numpty shop staff dont do workshop stuff, the workshop blokes are trained mechanics. Thumbs Up

nice one getting the money back. Laughing

Aldbro_Bev
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:

but the good bit..

The pads i bought originally were £34 quid, the ones i needed were £54 quid, so Once i had my new pads i went to the front till put both sets of pads on the desk and said "returning theses ones (wrong ones) taking theses one (correct ones)

Now i dont know what happened inside the till operators brain but i got i refund of £54 quid instead of paying an extra £20 for the pads I needed Confused

Way'd go Clapping Mr. Green Everybody deserves abit of good fortune in their lives occasionally Very Happy

OOOOPPS!!! Shocked Did I just say that? Embarassed Embarassed

Now you should have said to the person on the til that they had Goofed and they got it wrong and been HONEST!!! Shouldn't you?! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yeah! Rolling Eyes right Rolling Eyes Like everyone on here would have done Laughing Laughing

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 21:48 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
Isaid "returning theses ones (wrong ones) taking theses one (correct ones) [/i]

Do you talk like Gollum all the time? Wink

Nah, just kidding, nice to see they are employing the most mathematically gifted employees ever. They charged me £10 for a litre of bloody Redex so they deserve to be shafted back. Can't say it hasn't worked though! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:53 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
RI_HA wrote:
Isaid "returning theses ones (wrong ones) taking theses one (correct ones) [/i]

Do you talk like Gollum all the time? Wink

Nah, just kidding, nice to see they are employing the most mathematically gifted employees ever. They charged me £10 for a litre of bloody Redex so they deserve to be shafted back. Can't say it hasn't worked though! Very Happy

Laughing i was trying to emphasise the point, when i was in the shop i had them in my hand saying "returning these ones" and the idiot still got it wrong Rolling Eyes

0ddball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The counter staff obviously vary from store to store. Most of the guys at my local one are into cars as a hobby so are pretty much on the ball.

I wouldn't let any of the "trained mechanics" work on any car of mine though. I've yet to meet one who knows his arse from his elbow.

Delvard
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:06 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
I was assigned the easy and simple task of getting brake pads for my dads car and fitting them, easy i thought, get brakes pads from halfords, 2 hour job then all finished.

Halfrauds then decided not to give me the correct brake pads, so my dads car was sitting on the drive for a week without pads cause they had to order them in Rolling Eyes

but the good bit..

kar·ma n. Hinduism & Buddhism. The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence,

What comes around goes around. Penitentary jargon;karma- 'good or bad';"you will reap what you sow"

Andy Wink
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:12 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

Delvard wrote:
RI_HA wrote:

but the good bit..

kar·ma n. Hinduism & Buddhism. The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence,

What comes around goes around. Penitentary jargon;karma- 'good or bad';"you will reap what you sow"

Andy Wink

I once sowed a woman and just about reaped a baby!

but...Yeah ill probably suffer eventually, but its 54 quid towards my NSR so im not complaining at this particular point!

And also halfords like to rip people off so tuff their loss Laughing Thumbs Up

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
... 2hour job then all finished

Laughing What were you planning on doing, making them yourself?

I used to be able to knock out a set of pads in 15 minutes... 2 hours seems a bit extreme... unless of course you were getting paid from your dad by the hour Wink in which case its a 4 hour job with a 1 hour test drive to bed them in Wink

But yeah,

Halfrauds blow, no doubt about it - my mate worked there as a till bloke for a bit, he knew more than the so called "Trained mechanics" at times...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 25 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

Method wrote:

Halfrauds blow, no doubt about it - my mate worked there as a till bloke for a bit, he knew more than the so called "Trained mechanics" at times...

Well they did all the same courses as me when i was training but now you mention it they werent the brightest. Laughing

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

HALFORDS

Biggest bunch of tossers ever..............wouldn't let them anywhere near a pram, let alone my car.

They give advice they are not clued up about nor trained on, they spend more time pestering customers into buying garish add-ons instead of learning about their products.

WANKERS Thumbs Down

Aldbro_Bev
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny GSX-R wrote:
HALFORDS

Biggest bunch of tossers ever..............wouldn't let them anywhere near a pram, let alone my car.

They give advice they are not clued up about nor trained on, they spend more time pestering customers into buying garish add-ons instead of learning about their products.

WANKERS Thumbs Down

Embarassed Laughing Laughing
Well I suppose my suggestion to the other 'alf wouldn't have met with your approval then Johnny GSX-R, t'other halfs radio in his new to him car needed the code and I suggested to him TO GO TO HALFORDS FOR SOME "ADVICE"!! Laughing Laughing

So I take it, it would have been a needless excercise then? lol Laughing

Bev xx Wink

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 00:48 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
They charged me £10 for a litre of bloody Redex so they deserve to be shafted back.

If theres anyone getting shafted, it's you, Redex is worthless fucking snake oil FFS! Rolling Eyes

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your main dealers with the 'V5' logbook and they'll usually re code them FOC, before Halfords cost you £200 for a broken dash and tell you that the radio doesn't work because your wipers are worn Thumbs Down

Aldbro_Bev
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 02:11 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny GSX-R wrote:
Go to your main dealers with the 'V5' logbook and they'll usually re code them FOC, before Halfords cost you £200 for a broken dash and tell you that the radio doesn't work because your wipers are worn Thumbs Down

Cheers for that Johnny GSX-R, t'other was recommended by his lad about some site or other onT'internet and I think he paid about £12 and now Jobs a good 'un, all sorted, but cheers anyway, it's worth remembering for another time Thumbs Up

Bev xx Wink

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 10:42 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: halfrauds - this says it all. Reply with quote

RI_HA wrote:
so my dads car was sitting on the drive for a week without pads cause they had to order them in Rolling Eyes

Did you not just consider going to partco or somewhere else?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 10:48 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea not a fab of halford, they never used to have 2t oil for my RS125 as the bit for the oil i needed 90% empty. not good!!

When i went to a rideout i blow a fuse with the pressure washer (not using that again Rolling Eyes ) and met up with siggi and roadrunner with no lights and go to halford (5 mins away) and go in. Oh and none of the fuses i needed, just a space.

Was not fun at all. I swear they drain the supplies of the stuff i need Twisted Evil

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth were you buying parts out of Halfords anyway?

owdamer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:26 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was your dads car sitting on the drive for a week waiting for the new pads?
Had he run them down to the metal before deciding to change them?
If he hadn't run them down to the metal then surely you could have left them in until you had the correct pads?

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:18 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owdamer wrote:
Why was your dads car sitting on the drive for a week waiting for the new pads?
Had he run them down to the metal before deciding to change them?
If he hadn't run them down to the metal then surely you could have left them in until you had the correct pads?

Cause he ran them down to the metal and then asked me to change them Confused hes bright like that!

Quote:
id you not just consider going to partco or somewhere else?

Dont know what partco is but im assuming it would be similar to lothian break ways up here. and yes i should have went to them first, just didnt think quick enough Confused

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter

PostPosted: 21:22 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Halfords give you the wrong pads? There's a booklet on the shelves near the brake components and every section of halfords listing all vehicles and the corresponding part number which you then pick.

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:43 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
Why did Halfords give you the wrong pads? There's a booklet on the shelves near the brake components and every section of halfords listing all vehicles and the corresponding part number which you then pick.

Cause they arent too bright, I gave them this info

manufacturer
model of car
year of car
engine size
trim level
colour

they typed it into there little computer and said

"yes these will definitely fight, were experts and we know what we are talking about" Liar

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy

PostPosted: 22:17 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to nick stuff from them though...

Shifty i never have...

Method
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmer wrote:

Shifty i never have...

Why would you need to Laughing

But yeah, i would agree ... going by what ive been told by my mate of course...

RI_HA
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:59 - 26 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmer wrote:

Shifty i never have...

Couldnt imagine seeing you walk out with a set of alloy's, must be a gift if you could Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2