|
|
| Author |
Message |
| uber noob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 uber noob L Plate Warrior
Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Smithy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Smithy Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 18 Mar 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| uber noob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 uber noob L Plate Warrior
Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 18:50 - 18 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok thanks.
By the way, before anyone flames me for not reading the rules (maybe a question of mine has been answered there already), I cannot actually view https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=33113 as it keeps timing out. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:50 - 18 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm a newbie, and you don't need a Theory to do your CBT (however I didnt know this until yesterday after doing some reading) so I have my theory tomorrow!  ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:55 - 18 Apr 2006 Post subject: Re: Looking for prices |
 |
|
| uber noob wrote: | On another note, do you need to do your theory before you can do your CBT? |
No.
| Quote: | I'd be willing to pay around 3,500 or a bit less if poss. Also, I was told that these bikes aren't worth buying second hand as they have been thrashed about? |
I wouldn't buy these bikes brand new, the depreciation will be terrible. Also you can pay around £1500 for a 125 and still get a good deal, it's all about looking around.
Just watch the mileage, and find out at what stages you will need a full service on them, because this is quite pricey although needed.
In my opinion, you should do your DAS and buy a nice sportsbike, you could get the DAS for around £500, nice sportsbikes (That have less chance of being mistreated) are around £1500 - £2000 although can be cheaper, and insurance would be paid for with the remainder of the money.
A far better plan than blowing £3500 on a brand new Mito that you will lose lots of money on. More reliable too.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| uber noob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 uber noob L Plate Warrior
Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mark_petty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mark_petty Brolly Dolly

Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:54 - 18 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
What I did was I bought a 125cc (second hand) and did my cbt. I rode around on this for 9 months then did my theory then full test. I sold the bike and bought my new bandit
Some people do the test without any experience and pass first time, I decided to do it gradually and I also passed first time  ____________________ [Rides: Suzuki GSF600sx]
[CBT: Passed] [Theory: Passed] [DAS: Passed] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| uber noob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 uber noob L Plate Warrior
Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| derbisenda16 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 derbisenda16 Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 13 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 173 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|