|
|
| Author |
Message |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:13 - 12 Apr 2006 Post subject: Ripping CD to MP3 - album images? |
 |
|
Bit late to the party on this I know but I've just been putting my collection of CDs to MP3s.
However, when comparing the files with a friend's collection I find he's got small jpg files of the album covers. I'm told players like Windows Media Player display this stuff. So, where can I get these images? and are they important?
FWIW using CDex v1.51 to rip the files.
Thanks in anticipation  ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:17 - 12 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
All my albums that i "supply" shall we say have covers, they are all scanned from the real ones.
their are a few sites left that you can download covers from but most were shut down.
i,ll get a few sites for you later. ____________________ "Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:02 - 12 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I usually use Media Player 10 at the moment.
And if I'm connected to the net while ripping a CD into MP3's the media player connects to the CD database and downloads the album art thumbnails as part of the process
HTH ____________________ 1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daz|n00by |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daz|n00by The Internet

Joined: 11 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:51 - 12 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not many places left but you can try..
https://www.mega-search.net/index.php?setlanguage=en ____________________ "Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away!!!!!!" "Lifes a bitch and then you Die"
"I`m a tool, one with just enough intelligence to know it, just enough spirit to resent it...but not enough backbone to do anything about it. " Siggi 2006 pure class.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:15 - 13 Apr 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for all your replies.
I think I've found what I've been looking for on this link.
It's Album Cover Art Downloader (v1.6.0)
Trying it out now and it appears a bit hit and miss on selecting the covers. I'll have a look to see what else wimilar is out there.
I'm only interested in the small images for use with the PC/MP3 player.
I have the original CDs so I'm not wanting to create new covers from the full size downloads (but thanks for the link, it may come in handy).
 ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|