Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What a load of rollocks ! :-(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 18:03 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: What a load of rollocks ! :-( Reply with quote

grrrr Evil or Very Mad

So, yesterday, my Abbey account running quite dry (KNEW I had roughly £40 ish in there though)
Stopped off for £15 worth of petrol, the bloke put the card in once...oh, it hasn't worked, even though a receipt came out Shocked
Okkk.. a second time, no the card is not allowed Shocked
A third time, oh it has worked now...
thanks very much

Today, go to cash machine for a tenner, account overdrawn !!
When I checked on the net, it indeed said money was waiting to go out etc...
I called Abbey and the petrol station has charged me THREE times
Correct

The FIRST woman I spoke to suggested that I..yes ME, go back to the petrol station and explain and see if they will give me a £30 refund !!
I asked if nothing else could be done. She said they could see if they will give them 2 of the payments back AFTER they have paid them the 3 payments Rolling Eyes confused yet ??..
I wasn't happy..called back desperate for someone who spoke good English to answer and understand me
The SECOND woman wasn't as bad at English.
She said that Abbey HAD to pay the p station the £45 from my account, then they would inform some card consumer department, and they would try and claim the £30 back from the p station.
But it could take a long time
FFS Neutral

I nipped to the station, (no Manager there, left my number. Funnily enough the card machine was 'not working' Cash only)
I have just got off the phone with the Manager, who didn't quite believe me and "cannot understand how this has happened"
She is checking all of her sh*t and calling me tomorrow

What kind of system is this ?
As I said to both Abbey women, It is obvious I didn't buy £15 worth of petrol 3 times, in 60 seconds isn't it !!!????
I now have a £50 overdraft as they were going to charge me for being £3 overdrawn !

Fantastic eh ?

Lawnie
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:10 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to a mate once, and it all got sorted fairly quickly. Hang in there Thumbs Up

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 18:18 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Re: What a load of rollocks ! :-( Reply with quote

Thats stupid, i hate banks Twisted Evil

JodieWodie wrote:
I wasn't happy..called back desperate for someone who spoke good English to answer

This was the same with my mobile, i got a new mobile and wanted my old number and the women (indian with very hard to understand accent) said it would happen in next hour and rang the next day and were no notes in my account to indicate it was going to be done

ONLY when i spoke to a English women (3rd person Shocked ) it got done straight away Rolling Eyes

I bet if it was a English women she would have handled the situation better. Im not rasist but in call centres i have had numerous problems with non-english staff Crying or Very sad

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about foreign call centers, I love it when they somewhat nervously ask you to rate their performance whilst being recorded...

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 21:38 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... and NOT being racist, I think if it is something as important as your money, then the person on the other end of the phone should FULLY understand

I would say for every 20 times I called Abbey I get someone who I don't undertstand ("can you repeat that please ? ermm..what!?"), or someone who does not understand me about 18 of those times

I HATE calling for advice, help ... as I get stressed out !

My other half and I transfer money into each others accounts now and then
The last time I tried to do this, I wanted to transfer £60
six - zero
"600" ?
No, 60
Shocked

On another occassion I was charged twice by Pets At Home, same time, same day, same amount.
I could NOT make the person on the end of the phone understand that
I had to call back 3 times to get a satisfactory answer

Are all banks like this ?
And why ?
Cheaper ?
Seems to be awful service of late

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 15 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait til they learn to say "Brand new customers only" Laughing

Phil_G
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 02:15 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreign call centres do indeed suck majorly when you're trying to explain something to them! My G/f was trying to get an a/c transfer implemented using the telephone banking. To cut a long story short It was patenetly obvious thtat your man on the other end couldn't understanda word of what she said, despite reassuring her to the contrary and the exact reverse of what she wanted to happen happened.

Its stupid - I wopuldn't dream of getting a job in an indian call centre with a minimal grasp of their language, so how do these clowns get jobs using ours?!

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:15 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate banks, but i have to say (annoying i know)

Barclays FTW! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 11:33 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with First Direct.

All their call centers are UK based, and I'm VERY happy with the service they offer me, even with some of the extras I pay for.

eg First Directory: £10ish a month (can't remember) gives me travel insurance (inc skiing), Mobile phone insurance, free cash withdrawls abroad, and unlimited text-message banking (get an SMS with your balance, or when certain things happen on your account)

a

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:49 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get all that for £9.50 with Barclays but also you get free Green flag road side cover everyday of the year at anytime, 20% off many attractions and restaurants in the UK, family insurance on holiday and other stuff I haven’t looked into yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 12:45 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
You get all that for £9.50 with Barclays but also you get free Green flag road side cover everyday of the year at anytime, 20% off many attractions and restaurants in the UK, family insurance on holiday and other stuff I haven’t looked into yet.

but my (limited) experience of service from barclays isn't a patch on First Direct, and I really like FD's total online solution.

Even simple things like Changing your home address is done via a generic customer services form online, then I get an Email or a text to say it's been done.

no fannying about with forms, ID and visits to the branch

a

Icey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbey suck ass. I hate them. I really want to change my bank account, but have had lots of problems in doing so as some of them have requested photographic proof, but won't accept a provisional license over 21.

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:02 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed to Smile from the HSBC because I was sick of trying to deal with their foreign call centres. It's all internet based but you get a quick reply to your enquiries, and they are real replies - not these cut & paste jobs you get sometimes. In fact, I left O2 because of their shocking email support system and went to T-Mobile, who have vastly superior UK call centres who are actually very helpful.

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana

PostPosted: 21:33 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So not ALL call centres are like this then

I had to call them AGAIN tonight, as there was ANOTHER fault on my account
And this time the bloke was really arsey saying that stuff was waiting to come out...although I had accounted for everything coming out, and the card hasn't been used since Sunday, and that 1 transaction had come out already

Abbey are, indeed, total WANK

I am looking to change asap

thanks for all the help

J xx

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:53 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat West ...speak to local branch about anything.. Very Happy
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"

Mrs Kickstart
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:58 - 16 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First Direct = HSBC
Smile = co-op (who are not a clearing bank so sub-contract stuff)
Natwest = RBS

there are not that many actual banks lots of stuff are really fronts Sof the indepenant stuff like goldfish sub-contract stuff to a bank with there own front end

Regards
C

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:43 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
First Direct = HSBC

true, but have their own call centers, and don't use the outsourced HSBC ones.

a

impaler
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:07 - 17 May 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Kickstart wrote:
Smile = co-op (who are not a clearing bank so sub-contract stuff)

Not true! Razz

https://www.smile.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?cid=970823809940&pagename=Smile%2FPage%2FsmView&c=Page
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 351 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1