Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CBT in Scotland

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Amorphous
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 05 Jun 2006    Post subject: CBT in Scotland Reply with quote

Basically put: any recommendations on where to do CBT? I'm coming from Highland Perthshire but thankfully have a patient father who is apparently not adverse to the idea of driving me somewhere at 7.30am to get to the training centre for 9. Smile

Up until recently I'd been thinking of Pro-Scot in Kirkcaldy on the basis that renting full gear is included in the price (I don't even own any strong boots), and also I have a friend living there so if need be I can crash overnight (unfortunate phrase) at his flat. Then I did a search on here and the only mention I found about Pro-Scot was someone saying that the entire CBT experience was terrifying and they got shouted at by the instructor. Confused So now I'm a bit worried!


On a semi-related note, does anyone know how long it typically takes the DVLA to send out a provisional license? Their website says 'up to 15 working days' which I'm taking to mean three weeks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

HermanTheShee...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 05 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVLA are a bit random, when I passed I got my new licence in 6 days Cool

As for the CBT, don't worry too much about it, if someone shouts at you ask for a different instructor. For the money they have to get you to a level where you are safe, regardless of how long it takes.

And what was this other person doing to get shouted at?

Where abouts are you? If you look around you might find somewhere closer.
____________________
2004 Suzuki GS500F > 2006 Suzuki SV650S
My real name isn't Herman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 05 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=36086

This guy seemed to have a good experience with Pro-Scot
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 05 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: CBT in Scotland Reply with quote

Amorphous wrote:
Basically put: any recommendations on where to do CBT? I'm coming from Highland Perthshire but thankfully have a patient father who is apparently not adverse to the idea of driving me somewhere at 7.30am to get to the training centre for 9. Smile

Up until recently I'd been thinking of Pro-Scot in Kirkcaldy on the basis that renting full gear is included in the price (I don't even own any strong boots), and also I have a friend living there so if need be I can crash overnight (unfortunate phrase) at his flat. Then I did a search on here and the only mention I found about Pro-Scot was someone saying that the entire CBT experience was terrifying and they got shouted at by the instructor. Confused So now I'm a bit worried!



Join up to the scottish section. Ask in there. Only a few people in that section venture out of it so if you want an opinion of someone who lives in your area, best ask in there.

Sorry, I can't advise, I'm from the west coast.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Amorphous
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 05 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person who I thought was being shouted at was the thread that Toby R linked to - reading it again, it looks like I may have got the wrong end of the stick a little bit. I know there are some places closer to me than Kirkcaldy but some of them (Perth, for example) don't seem to provide full equipment. Also Pro-Scot is the only one I've ever had recommended to me (by a Perth dealer!). I suppose mostly I'm just hunting for any particularly good experiences. Smile

instigator, thanks for the tip - I was wavering between here and the Scottish section but in the end posted here in case I caught a few ex-pats or something of the sort. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.34 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 45.46 Kb