Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Just wanted to say thanks

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ZZR Girl
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 02 Jun 2006    Post subject: Just wanted to say thanks Reply with quote

I cant remember where I read it but it was on this forum somewhere. It was all about techniques when braking and changing down through the gears quickly, then when you got to first, flick it up into neutral just as you stop.

Sometimes when stopping at traffic lights, I used to put my feet down too early before the bike had come to a proper stop. Now that I'm using the above technique, I find that I am braking better and coming to a much smoother stop and not putting my feet down too early, because my R foot is constantly on the back brake whilst the L is occupied with the gears. It also means that I'm not having to do the Hendon Shuffle!

I don't know if this is the right way to do it or not, but it's certainly made my stopping better so thanks to whoever posted the original information Thumbs Up
____________________
Keep it shiny!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tomkapsalis
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only just joined this forum and I am so glad I found it. It's a massive community and everyone is willing to help eachother. Absolutely brilliant!
____________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mozzer
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link? I'd like to read it Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ZZR Girl
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 07 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mozzer, like I said I can't remember where I read it so can't give a link.
____________________
Keep it shiny!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 119 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 40.16 Kb