|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mozzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mozzer Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| brooky |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 brooky Brolly Dolly
Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:08 - 19 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well TBH from what youve said you must be doing something wrong to be pulled that many times in such a short period. But yes, Taxi drivers are wankers and think they own the roads.  ____________________ Suzuki GSX-R 750 K6. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mozzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mozzer Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McJamweasel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McJamweasel BCF Junkie

Joined: 22 Mar 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Krakatoa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Krakatoa Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 05 Jun 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:26 - 19 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I remember when i first started riding, i`d get pulled regularly. After talking with a nice pair of coppers(rare, but they are out there), they informed me that i looked suspicious. They figured that because i looked young i couldn`t afford my bike nor the insurance either.
After a few months of producers, it stopped. And touch wood, i haven`t been stopped since.
Most likely that that they haven`t got much to do, or are behind on thier productivity requirements, and see you as an easy collar.
Oh, and don`t rise to the taxi drivers bait, you`ll come off second best. They like to get their friends together via radio  ____________________ Tatty(but loved) NC 24. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MRX Steve |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MRX Steve Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 02 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Black Knight |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Black Knight World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:40 - 19 Jun 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll be honest, I drive like a twat when i'm cabbing.
I'll hold my hands up, i'll pass red lights, i'll exessivly speed, i'll honk my horn after 11pm.
I will also be in a car maintained to a very high standard, I will have tax and insurance and I will have a big badge on the front identifying myself and I won't have had a drink, which is more than can be said for many drivers on a night.
I've never been pulled, had an accident or in fact even a complaint.
I'll cover more milage in a week than most peps in a month. Cabbies have more road experience than most.
Taxis speed, yeah so what? If they drove at the limit all the time I assure you you would be stood waiting a damn sight longer for your lift home. ____________________ Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 107 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|