Captain Safety

PostPosted: 00:56 - 04 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely when at uni, you have 3 month breaks
thats how nath did his 20 000 mile tour of europe

Rift.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:19 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
it makes me wonder, is there a special reason i dont know about for avoiding spending much time in france ?

What Quik_d said n that it costs alot for the toll charges, thats the main reason why I dont want to travel through France

And Quik Im still up for it, just building the money pile up..

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too but less together riding more meet up at location X at X time , since I'm going to have to make it a very fast 9 day max tour to spain and be back at my desk , just trying to find an ideal weapon for it.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quik_d
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:46 - 05 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rift. wrote:
colin1 wrote:
it makes me wonder, is there a special reason i dont know about for avoiding spending much time in france ?

What Quik_d said n that it costs alot for the toll charges, thats the main reason why I dont want to travel through France

And Quik Im still up for it, just building the money pile up..

Rift: just to let you know mate i've booked my retun ferry from bilbao as i wanted to get it before the prices went up, on the 29th May, 95 quid including a room. If ur a definate then might want to do the same, can give you the company etc i used.

Itchy: I appreciate that mate, if we leave the same time you'll be off before we know it lol might be worth you leaving a few days after and then give me a head start! Laughing

I'm really not sure how many miles is comfortably do-able in a dayreally, most of my days are 2-3 hour rides which most people prob laugh at!

natv4
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:09 - 06 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rift. wrote:
If you are on the autoroute (except the A75) then you are missing all the good stuff. Every tolled autoroute has a lovely, tarmac perfect, A road withing spitting distance. The only thing is you may have to overtake the odd lorry. Its certainly great countryside and food.

If you just want to see Spain, then save money & time; grab a ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao - it will work out a lot cheaper than riding down if you book soon plus it will save at least a day each way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rift.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:25 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

quik_d wrote:
95 quid including a room. If ur a definate then might want to do the same, can give you the company etc i used.

Actually that would be helpful, the cheapest I got quoted was over 200

quik_d
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:14 - 11 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
quik_d wrote:
95 quid including a room. If ur a definate then might want to do the same, can give you the company etc i used.

Actually that would be helpful, the cheapest I got quoted was over 200

https://www.directferries.co.uk/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 110 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2