 feef Energiser Bunny

Joined: 11 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:35 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: FJR brakes: top stoppers |
 |
|
Stayed with friends at Gt Yarmouth on Friday night, and took a scenic route home on the FJR, following the coast road up to Cromer, and along to Hunstanton, before coming back via Ely, and Huntingdon.
The road betwen Cromer and Hunstanton has some fantastic twisty bits, but some of them are obscured by high hedges. I came out one bend to find a car doing about 25, so I passed him, and tipped it in for the next bend. As I rounded it that bend, I found out why it was doing 25. I was confronted by a queue of traffic, stuck behind a tractor.
rolled off the throttle, feathered the back brake a bit, and when the bike was pointing in a straight enough line, and upright, started on the front brake.. squeezed it.. hmm not losing enough speed, squeezed a bit harder.. hmm getting close now. HEAVE... and as I slow dramatically (i wasn't exactly being gentle before that) I felt the back end lift. bear in mind this is a lardy tourer, with luggage full of stuff :S it was up, I felt it swing a bit to the right, and I eased off on the brakes, an it touched down again. no fuss, no heart pounding adrenaline, just an 'oh, the back end's up in the air' thought
they are damned good brakes!
a ____________________ Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating |
|
 craigs23 Mr Muscle

Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Karma :    
|
|