Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Doing a Hex..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Doing a Hex.. Reply with quote

After years of mediocre job satisfaction the opportunity to go part time has presented itself at my current place of work and I’ve finally decided that I’m gonna go part time and attempt to pursue something that I actually take pleasure in. I’ve always enjoyed writing and after some positive feedback from a few magazine’s and people that I respect in the field I believe that now is the time to give it a crack.

Thankfully things have fallen into place and although it’s a bit of a risk I can cover my (and the wife’s) arse financially whilst improving my quality of life when it comes to the day to day grind of employment.

It’s a nervy feeling jacking ½ your job in when you’ve had financial stability for such a long time however I‘m really looking forward to the challenge. I can already sense the weight of anxiety that comes with doing a job that doesn’t fulfil my aspirations disappearing and being replaced with a feeling of exhilaration and anticipation of what might come with a new career Thumbs Up
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:09 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Good on ya.

The standard of writing in the BCF celeb profiles thread was superb, let us know what you are writing for. If it's as good as that I might even part with some readies.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:15 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to see you riding a minimoto in a silver thong.

*kicks ground dissapointedly*
____________________
Pictorgraphicalfantastical
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising to be honest Steve, You write a thousand times better than those monkeys for the tabloid "papers".

Keep us posted mate! Oh and Good luck, though i'm sure you don't need it.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Good stuff, do you know what you're going to write about? Do you want to write about anything in particular?

Are you going to be a journalist (features stuff would be egg and milk with your style Steve) or just writing articles or books?

Good luck. Thumbs Up
____________________
Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP Sad
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive comments guys - much appreciated.

As for what particular field I intend to attempt, I've got no particular preference, I just want to write although I'd love to do something sport related on the journalism front - Luck's gonna play a major part obviously but I don't wanna look back in 5 years time (when I'll have broken the 40 barrier!) and think 'I wish I'd have given it a fair crack of the whip'

As someone prophetically once sang (Robbie Williams or Keith Harris and Orville - I can't remember which) 'No Regrets' Wink
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Best of luck with this change of career. Really do hope it works out. Keep us posted with how it goes.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

plugger147
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you buddy, hope it all goes well. Thumbs Up
____________________
Tristan the wrote: just whipped off my trousers to find a big bruise on my arse, caused by matt rear ending me...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kaben
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:35 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea mate, im sure you will have alot of success with it too!

Now how about getting the ball rolling again by posting your ZX-10 review. Ive been waiting two weeks for this! Embarassed
____________________
Its Not a Melon, Its Clearly a Lime!!
Yamaha Fazer 600Now dead, MZ 125 SM
My Deviant Art homepage https://robabloke.deviantart.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

queen of string
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 31 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just taking that first step and making a change marks you our from the herd. I packed in some very secure health/social services work 4 yrs ago to work for myself and havent looked back.. Well done to you and good luck.
____________________
"Eat food, not edible, food-like items. Mostly plants."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 67 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 66.92 Kb