|
|
| Author |
Message |
| kingnathski88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kingnathski88 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:44 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: De-restricting an NC30 |
 |
|
My NC30 is currently restricted to 33bhp, of which I have no intention of removing untill I am 19. I know that you can do something with the clocks to make it go faster, I have had 110 out of the bike already, but if possible I would like a little more.
If anyone could offer me a little insight I would be very grateful  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:48 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Japanese import NC30s have a restrictor to 180kph (118mph) in the actual speedo unit itself. There is a small opto-electronic sensor, the beam of which gets broken by the metal plate attached to the speedo dial weight.
To remove this, you need to remove the clocks, take off the back of the speedo and drop the unit right out. The plate is obvious, it is attached to the silver round bit on the back of the speedo needle. Remove the plate carefully (!) and reassemble, job done.
Now go and find a (private) big hill cos you'll need it to get a 33bhp NC30 over 118mph
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fast_tzr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fast_tzr World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:51 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Errr, TZR, read my post, there is a SPEED limiter built into the CLOCKS on Japanese import NC30s. I know, I had one, I removed said limiter and it then made it to about 135mph (on a private road, obviously).
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fast_tzr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fast_tzr World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:16 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ah bollocks, I didn't see grim's post before I submitted mine, once I'd read grim's I attempted to swiftly edit it into some kind of question, but was quoted beofre I could manage it  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DynaMight |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DynaMight World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:56 - 31 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
No point yet if it's going to stay restricted, I never got mine after 110MPH restricted. Funnily enough my jap restriction used to kick in at 125MPH, I assume someone tried to remove it but didnt do it properly, the M-Max box sorted that out though. ____________________ My bikes are at https://www.bikepics.com/members/dynamight/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kingnathski88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kingnathski88 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| edd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 edd Nearly there...

Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:52 - 01 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
What they mean is you are restricted to 33bhp, 33bhp bikes cannot reach 118 mph, thus having a restriction at 118mph is irrelevant to you. Since you cannot travel over 118 mph you wont be able to tell whether has been de-restricted or not, this is irrelevant because your 33bhp restricts you below this speed anyway, I hope this clears the situation up a little.
Also, due to the fact you are already looking for more performance I dont think you will serve your full restriction period, not many people do. ____________________ Bluespark Automotive - Diesel Tuning for Performance and Economy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:06 - 01 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Although if you do want to remove the japanese speed restriction all you need is a motrax converter as then the speed restriction will kick in at 180mph not 180kmh and your NC30 is never going to do that.  ____________________ If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:09 - 01 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nah, don't bother, removing the plate that cuts the optoelectronic beam is free and takes all of an hour or two to do. There's a method on the net somewhere, I printed it out to do mine bu that was about 7 years ago
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marci |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marci Brolly Dolly

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| edd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 edd Nearly there...

Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kingnathski88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kingnathski88 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marci |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marci Brolly Dolly

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:20 - 02 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
A STOCK 2t Mito125 can't... a tuned-to-33bhp Mito can... ____________________ FAB-Racing MiniMotoSidecars - Back with a vengeance - F1 Class 2011...
CBR170 engine, custom chassis - www.minimotoscene.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:49 - 02 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fastest I've ever seen a *full power* Mito do was a teeny bit more than 110 mph (indicated) which dropped to 90 when it hit a gentle incline, and it never reached the ton again on that test run The guy swore blind he was doing 120 ____________________ TL1000s, KDX200 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marci |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marci Brolly Dolly

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:52 - 02 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't doubt it and I'm not disputing it... just my particular mito has had rather more work than others... being an ex-raced trackbike prior to conversion to roadbike. Mine won't hold it's speed on an incline either sadly, but it can get there quite happily, repeatedly when not on an incline... ____________________ FAB-Racing MiniMotoSidecars - Back with a vengeance - F1 Class 2011...
CBR170 engine, custom chassis - www.minimotoscene.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kingnathski88 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kingnathski88 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 28 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:37 - 06 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
30 quid from
https://www.motrax.co.uk/Index_pages/accessories/kilo_mech.htm
shop around on look on Fleabay. Note this will also change your odo to miles as well, so best get it converted to Miles with a mileage correction company, or look on the internet for ways to wind it back. Unless you don't care. (I don't know if my odo was converted when the mph converter was fitted) ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| edd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 edd Nearly there...

Joined: 06 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:30 - 07 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
getting a converter is useful anyway IMO. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sunbear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sunbear Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 12 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:26 - 07 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just take the restrictors out Might not be legal (and may invalidate your insurance), but as long as you are a good boy and dont go speeding everywhere noone will know  ____________________ Bikes had : BMW F650, suzuki tr50, gt125, SV400, GSXR600 SRAD. Honda CBR900RRP, CBR600FX, CBR1000F, VT600, Transalp 600, mtx125, nsr125r, CB500T, Yamaha fy50, tzr125, tdr125, XV535, Diversion 600, Fazer 600, TDM850 MK1 & MK2, Majesty 400, XV 1100. Cagiva mito evolution, Aprilia rs125, Piaggio x9 125. DNA 125 . Suzuki Bandit 600, GZ125 Marauder, RF600 , RF900RS2, Kawasaki ZZR400, ZX6R Ninja, ZZR600 . Ducati 750 Sport . Triumph Tiger 955i. CURRENT : 2004 Kawasaki Z750 and LOVIN IT ! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|