Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Picking up an NSR tomorrow - What to look for

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:06 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Picking up an NSR tomorrow - What to look for Reply with quote

Well I finally got there, I'm buying a 2001 NSR Foxeye from fleabay tomorrow and was hoping someone could provide some pointers as to what to check/listen for as I've not done it before, particularly anything that relates to the NSR

Cheers

1 day to go! Very Happy
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I picked it up anyway. Few scratches here and there, nothing major. Sounds ok and runs ok. Just waiting for my tax disc now so I can take it out properly
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

matt_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:08 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on the bike Mr. Green
____________________
- - - BIKE - - - Passed CBT : 21/07/06 - - - Currently : Riding a 2001 Aprilia rs125 (SOLD)
- - - CAR - - - Passed Theory 20/07/06 - - - Lessons, Test on 15th Jan 08... Passed 2 minors
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Maz66
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pics mate??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly is, these are ones from the advert. Tax disc tomorrow woohoo!

Just had a look over it now, bloody amazing machine I'm over the moon. My girlfriend has been quite set against me getting this bike but she's just had a sit on it now (couple of drinks after the Liverpool match) and I think she's coming round to the idea.

I take that back as she's just read over my shoulder and informed me she isn't Laughing Oh well you can't win 'em all. - Couple of weeks I think coz she at least said she likes sitting on it.
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Maz66
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great mate Thumbs Up

im currently on the look out for the same sort of year etc just the red, blue and white one!!

they are like gold dust! is that the R or the RR??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

matt_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats lush mate
____________________
- - - BIKE - - - Passed CBT : 21/07/06 - - - Currently : Riding a 2001 Aprilia rs125 (SOLD)
- - - CAR - - - Passed Theory 20/07/06 - - - Lessons, Test on 15th Jan 08... Passed 2 minors
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

code guru
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:32 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefer that one more than mine. i like the black and silver Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:02 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a very well looked after NSR125. I hope you enjoy riding it mate, and be carefull as you will want to keep it looking as mint as it does now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:03 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo, scotch piper on wednesday if the weather isn't gash? Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob-B
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 21 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, I love that colour! How much did it cost?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wanted a black on there were loads about, when I put the money together there were none so I brought the Red/White and Blue one.....

Nice bike, enjoy it..... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blamchez
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines a red, white and blue but i prefer the black and silver. looks very tidy.

can i ask how much you paid for it?
____________________
50cc honda ---> CG125 ---> 125cc jap scooter ---> NSR125 ---> NC30 ---> CB500 ---> ZX7R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DevilDex666
Nova Slayer



Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting the bike, it looks sweet.

I got an NSR a few months ago in the same colours etc and know how excited you must be. I got mine for £1,500 off bike trader. It had a broken left side panel from where the previous owner dropped it in his garage and it only had about 2666 miles on the clock approx which is great since it was a 2002 R-R model.

I since got the panel replaced through ebay at the cost of £37 so it looks great now and is happily getting me to and from Wolverhampton each day from Birmingham.

I had some rim tape put on the wheels - a sort of neon orange and it looks surprisingly cool although thinking about replacing it with red now as its looking a bit battered.

I have a copy of the original owners manual if you want a scanned copy, just pm me with your e-mail address and I will get a copy to you. It covers all the basic maintenance etc.
____________________
"But I being poor, have only my dreams, I spread my dreams under your feet, tread softly because you tread on my dreams." ("He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" - W.B. Yeats)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Devil, its a NSR125R and it cost 1100. My cover note still hasn't arrived so I can't get taxed til wednesday now which means Scotch Piper is out of the question but thanks anyway Toby, maybe next time.

Just come back from admiring it again, the idle rev needs upping just a little bit so I'll do that tomorrow

Cheers for all your comments

Silva
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.27 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 83.96 Kb