|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Swim41 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Swim41 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:49 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: Training Centre info |
 |
|
Hi,
I'm new to biking, currently pottering about on an aging C90 - and loving it - having driven a car for 10 years.
Rather than waste money on the 125 route, am thinking of doing the DAS before I pick up too many bad habits.
Has anyone used Riverview Rider Training near Southport? I gave them a ring and they sound pretty professional, wondered if anyone had an opinion on them?
cheers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:13 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not used them but there's plently about around Liverpool.
I used AltMoto in Formby for my CBT, but I'm not too sure on whether there's still going on not.
I have my DAS booked with Graingers School of Motorcycle, WA2, Warrington (www.grainger-som.piczo.com)
I've been quoted £480 for a five day intensive course, including test, guaranteed, seems like a good deal, and also seem to be quite highly regarded.
Might interest you also, there's a regular run to the Scotch Piper every Wednesday, we meet in Waterloo (weather permitting).
If you come on a C90, I ride a CG125, and there's another lad on an SR125, could be a laugh.
Where you from? West Derby? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Swim41 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Swim41 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gazza695 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gazza695 Derestricted Danger
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 19:40 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Toby R wrote: | Not used them but there's plently about around Liverpool.
I used AltMoto in Formby for my CBT, but I'm not too sure on whether there's still going on not.
I have my DAS booked with Graingers School of Motorcycle, WA2, Warrington (www.grainger-som.piczo.com)
I've been quoted £480 for a five day intensive course, including test, guaranteed, seems like a good deal, and also seem to be quite highly regarded.
Might interest you also, there's a regular run to the Scotch Piper every Wednesday, we meet in Waterloo (weather permitting).
If you come on a C90, I ride a CG125, and there's another lad on an SR125, could be a laugh.
Where you from? West Derby? |
Are they in Preston? If so this is who i done my DAS with last month, they have two places the main HQ is in Preston but thet also have a place in Bolton, if it is the same one i found them fantastic, i went on recommendation from a friend and now there is 4 of us who have trained there and all 4 of us passed first time.
I had a guy called Eric who was great at training, he actually over trained me so found the test quite easy and the pass rate they have got is unbelieveable.
Hers a pic of me after passing (im the first guy)
https://www.riverviewrtbolton.com/Pass%20Pix%20July.htm |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gazza695 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gazza695 Derestricted Danger
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 19:43 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
oops, sorry i quoted the wrong message then, it was meant to be the first one
I will get used to this forum milarky |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Swim41 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Swim41 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:12 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, that's one, it's Preston/Tarleton way. Was recommended to me by the guy who did my MOT. They do seem to be a good outfit, like I said I think I will go for the assessment, see what they recommend I do.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gazza695 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gazza695 Derestricted Danger
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Swim41 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Swim41 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:55 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers. Should be ready to book in a month or two, once I've knocked off the theory. Congrats on passing your test  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:45 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just had my assessment with Graingers in Warrington and they were fucking ace, if that helps  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Swim41 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Swim41 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:52 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
FWIW I was chatting to a copper running the bikesafe course this weekend.
He also runs his own rider training school, (Safe Rider) in Northallerton.
His opinion is that DAS is the wrong way to do things for young riders.
Rather build up experience and road sense on a 125 then take their test after instruction.
The guy rides a number of bikes including his own CBR600 and his 'works' R1 and SP2. I'd say he knows what he's talking about.
HTH  ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:35 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:00 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
You mean new riders then, rather than young riders. I though he was specifically targetting young riders because of their lack of road experience. I agree young riders (and anyone with limited road experience) would be best kept to smaller bikes for a short while - and that young drivers should also be kept to smaller cars for the same reason (fortunately despite the abscence of legislation to that effect, insurance prices usually sort it out). I certainly took more risks and found myself in less than ideal situations in the first year or two after passing my first test. ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|