BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike-jacking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

karen_moomin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 08 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

As naive as I might be, I've never even thought about this happening and it's quite scary to think that it might.

Hopefully it won't, but at least now I can mentally prepare to head-butt/kick/whatever! I'm not a violent person in the slightest, but if anyone tried to nick my bike I think I'd see red and go mental!

fingers
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:34 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

just get off the bike and annialate the little fuckers. im from newcastle and its usually ok but if any fuckin chavs come near, the are going to get it big style. stand up to the cunts!!!!!!!!!! or you could always wave a bar of soap at em! they would be off like a shot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rapid teen
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way to get them is under the nose upwards with the base of your palm, in effect it rips there fukkin nose off and tends to put them and there mates of doing anything

it worked for me last year. i was 15 down a dark ally way when two chavs walked up to me. must have been 16-17 and wanted my phone. i just hit the first one in the way above Twisted Evil nose was hanging on but not by much

madcat2k1
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:23 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapid teen wrote:
best way to get them is under the nose upwards with the base of your palm, in effect it rips there fukkin nose off and tends to put them and there mates of doing anything

it worked for me last year. i was 15 down a dark ally way when two chavs walked up to me. must have been 16-17 and wanted my phone. i just hit the first one in the way above Twisted Evil nose was hanging on but not by much

Been watching too many movies? While that will be extremely painful and cause several complications, it won't shut someone down.

Shout really loud, at the top of your lungs, then go for the solar plex. The shouting will cause a distraction. Another method is to get your hands, clap against the ears if you can, while shouting. This will STUN someone and cause a very painful feeling in their ears for a few seconds, as well as a harsh ringing sound. This distracts, enables you to disable a person quickly. A very well timed kick or a hammer to their solar plex with your hand will result in the person becoming disabled. Better to learn self defense, than to learn useless techniques that will get YOU done and probably not protected by the laws in the UK regarding self defense. There are many pre-emptive strikes that are considered reasonable, and the ear clapping is one, but if you were to just bust their nose up you might not be covered for self defense at all, even if you get your arse beaten to a pulp after.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

freestyler_onli
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

GearboxGeezer wrote:

I serously need to get a gun.

Don't we all. Shocked

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:15 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gun hmm, sounds a plan...all I have is a cut down bbq skewer clipped under th seat (easily accesible)...and very sharp too Wink

phk6
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:57 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:

You know what really pisses me off? 90% of people share our views and believe that these little bastards (and the over 18 ones) should be beaten, locked up and thrown into the army for a few years to set them straight.

put them in the army and teach them how to be a better fighter, harder to spot, blend into the bush mugger!

daft idea just hang them all
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

brianmcewan.co.uk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:39 - 16 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

XR125 wrote:
Lol at Bazza.

I agree though, in England the chances of someone being jacked who is in a gang and has access to a variety of toothless mad bastards isn't very high, but here in N.I. everyone knows someone from either side and basically if you fuck around you'll end up pretty bad.

I'm not going into situations in which this has affected me or any of my friends because I don't give a toss about political crap here nor religion but in anyones case wether they may be Catholic or Protestant and from Northern Ireland - I don't wish to mention it, also because I'm a member of NIBikers.com forum and don't wish to piss anyone off, I don't know anyones side there anyways.

Plus Bazza would kick my ass Sad

P.s. I must admit that I'm all for the sore knees scenario for anyone who attempts to steal a bike or anything for that matter.

I couldn't care less about this country's politics anymore, its all about money nowadays and I've grown up a bit more (I think) and have moved on. Laughing

I wouldn't kick your ass mate I'm known as the BFG around these parts Very Happy Laughing

gilera172
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:39 - 18 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had this happen to me when i was 16 on my moped. driving home around 7 oclock in the summer i c 2 bike with 4 black boys pulled up at the ligths said did i wanna sell it for cash now obviously not, so ok turnt the corner began to drive and 1 brabbed me but i ducked and he slide dwn the front of my bike and under the wheels unluckily the next did get em and i landed on a car bibi bike. No worries 2 days later say the bugger riding it with my helmet that came off and i er reclaimed it as i could say with fists blazing

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 18 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilera172 wrote:
i had this happen to me when i was 16 on my moped. driving home around 7 oclock in the summer i c 2 bike with 4 black boys pulled up at the ligths said did i wanna sell it for cash now obviously not, so ok turnt the corner began to drive and 1 brabbed me but i ducked and he slide dwn the front of my bike and under the wheels unluckily the next did get em and i landed on a car bibi bike. No worries 2 days later say the bugger riding it with my helmet that came off and i er reclaimed it as i could say with fists blazing

Could you type that again in English please!? Confused Shocked

Thumbs Up

truslack
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 18 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilera172 wrote:

This sort of incident happened to me when I was 16 year old, driving a moped. I was going home at around 7pm. (it was in the summer) When I saw 4 coloured males (on 2 motorbikes) pull up next to me at the traffic lights. They asked me wether I wanted to sell the moped right then for cash, which obviously I responded to rather negatively. I turned the corner and began to drive away when one of the men tried to hit me (i think thats what it means anyway), I ducked and he slid down the front of my bike and under the wheels. Unfortunately the second man did get me, I came off the moped and landed on a car. Goodbye Bike. 2 days after the event, I observed the theif riding my moped wearing my helmet (it came off in the crash), so I went over and hit him and took my bike back.

Translated by Truslack

Try and get a helmet that doesn't come off in a crash, and what does "brabbed" mean

Syx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 18 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

brabbed = grabbed?

morpium
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:33 - 19 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somthing similar happened by me. It was rediculous, in town there are some lights on a steap hill so this women (my mum friend) stoped at the red light pulled up the hand brake and stayed on biteing point. Then a group of chavs ran into her car and went to grab her purse as they opened the door. This women was a nurse so pulled out her trusty sissors and stabbd one of them in the cheek with it and he ran off with the purse.

She reported it to the police and she got charged im not sure what with and he got away scot free. I know its no a bike story but similar situation but how stupid is that? its just ridiculous

Cheers,
Gareth
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

demoNSR
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 01:42 - 20 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a tail pack on your bike, or a tank bag. and leave your bike chain in there, with an opening just big enough for your gloved hand to slide in quickly. And if anyone fucks with you, pull your chain out and give it a good swing at the little scummy bastards, making sure you have the lock end in your hand for grip. That will shock the little bastards.

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:58 - 20 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding gloves, my mates in the bike shop sell some similar to these https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/super_jo/steel_gloves.jpg

Tempted to get some Shifty

Mudskipper Mr. Green

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:45 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this type of thing just limited to 'L' plates? My better half has a DNA 125 with the L plates and sometimes i pick her up from work and we ride home together. Last yr she was in front and i got stopped at the traffic lights. A minute or so later i caught up with her being harrased by 2 scrotes on an obviously stolen dirt bike (both with no helmet on) and they were riding very close and trying to intimidate her. I found 11,000rpm (with a blue flame can) soon scared them off, but we then got the mouthing and to be honest we were a little nervous for a few days cos even though they were only kids they said the bikes would be torched and we live in a terraced house so her bike is only under a cover! it only takes a 14yr old kid to torch a £2000 bike! fingers crossed we havent seen em since.

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:07 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

keokai wrote:
Man, I am so glad I got out of london Very Happy

Cambridge seems to be tame in compared to were I was living.
But you can rest assured, I'll raise hell (defend myself) to anyone brave enough to try and jack my bike. They'll have a real supprise to find that I'm a Cage Fighting Instructor Twisted Evil

As for the law, I'm in my last year of law school then training to be a barrister Mr. Green

Jesus H Christ He'd kick the shit out of them, then sue for getting their blood on his jacket!!! Shocked Shocked

monty
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 00:25 - 23 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

too much of this happens everywhere in the country its not just bikes its cars as well

i have been in a few incidents when i knew people were chasing me but i dont go to places i dont know so i can tell straight away there not from the area as i seem to outwit them pretty easily

just wish it wasent like this really no matter what you ride you have to keep a lookout.

me and my mates nearly got jumped in mc ds once. not funny at all.

i just throttled my bike and if they were going to get in the way then they would get run over

James
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 05:47 - 05 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Middlesbrough when I was a student and it was epidemic up there. Anyone on a scooter or with L's would commonly have someone jump on the back of the bike and scream at the rider to get off if they wanted to live etc.

I think people worry too much about how much force they can use when defending themselves. As a door supervisor I work by the rule that the force will reflect the severity of the threat and the police seem to use enough common sense to agree with us.

If someone came face to face with me when I was on my bike and demanded the bike or I felt there was risk of them trying to take the bike, at the point they invaded my personal space I would take defensive action. For example if you go to push someone away, but (*accidentally) your finger went right into their eyeball then you have only tried to reasonably defend yourself but have caused more damage than intended. Nothing wrong with that.

Don't surrender your bikes to vermin. If you can gouge an eye, bite a face, run them over then do it, do whatever you have to do while the adrenalin is pumping. Death and suffering to the chavs and bike thieves Thumbs Up

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:55 - 07 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmeh wrote:

I was caining it up the A5

when I was pulled up to the lights they didn't floor their right foot on the green, cos they knew I'd be faster anyway.

They don't seem to realise that even a 50 2-stroke jockey can nail the throttle and be at 20mph even before they've dropped the clutch, and prolly be better at controlling a motor vehicle than they are.

A kid on a 50 has had at most 8 hrs training and only knows twist and go. pretty much any car in the market (with a full power dropped clutch launch) will at least keep up with any 50cc. you cant really talk about controling a motor vehicle until you have experience and full control of every type of motor vehicle

steveh
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 11 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been followed a few times, i find it rather amusing that tranny vans think they can keep up with a 600.

Usualy potter around for a while, make sure there after me, get to a nice road and give it beans.

ill never go home whilst being followed, ive never had any trouble thank god, but i guess im just paranoid.

Steve.

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 11 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had the misfortune of this yet. I've fealt worried once at a set of lights in a town centre at night. I could see three lads wondering around behind me and the lights we're on Red.

They looked pretty suspicious and one was crouching. I cracked the revs round to 15k which made them jump out of their socks!!

Lights went green and i fooked off, not had anything apart from that. If someone was unarmed i wouldnt take it, i'd give them a good go.

Being the victim of knife crime (didnt get stabbed but had a knife at my stomach) its just not worth it - no matter how pricey the bike - it can be replaced, you cant - your family and friends will agree.

My issue from going on L's (on a 125) to a 600 was the fact that, on a 125 everyone flew past me and generally thought i was slow - did ride on national speed roads.

On the 600 (especially the RR) the amount of dicks that just want to race gets quite annoying.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 334 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4