|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:22 - 10 Sep 2006 Post subject: 1 Month, 10k run, completely unfit.. |
 |
|
I want to get fit and up till now I've not really done anything about it, tried cycling to work but soon got back on the motorbike.. don't really train as much as I should and my diet is crap, I am seriously un-fit...
So.. I was thinking of entering a running event, gives me an aim to train for..
Now, the next charity run close to me is 1st October.. that's less than a month away, I'm completely un-fit, and this is 10km ..
Is it possible/good idea to train enough to run 10km in this short period of time?? Is this a good idea in general?
Am I going to keel over and die if I try to run 10km so soon?? I can't remember the last time I ran somewhere
Any tips or advice welcome, and should I wait till the next one (prob december/jan time) to give myself a bit more time or just jump in at the deep end? at least this would force me to train or else face embarassement, especially if I get people to sponsor me, I'd have no choice but to make the run it's for Cancer Research UK..
Thoughts and opinions welcome. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Reevo8 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Reevo8 World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:42 - 10 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I hope that is enough time, I have trained very little, and have the Great North Run to contend with on the 1st October!
13.1miles, gonna be grafting I tell thee! ____________________ 05 ZX10R, (**05 WKR)  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| primalcarl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 primalcarl Crazy Courier

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NinjaBoy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NinjaBoy Scooby Slapper

Joined: 13 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:05 - 10 Sep 2006 Post subject: Re: 1 Month, 10k run, completely unfit.. |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steveh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steveh World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:03 - 10 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
cycling is easy , as push bikes are incredibly efficient in terms of energy 1 litre of
petrol equvilant gets 2000 miles on a push bike foot only gets 400, thats actually
a thought if there were showers at work I'd cycle in , mainly cus push bikes can
filter pretty darned fast. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:17 - 10 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
One road I used up there. Not sure of the name. From Cosham to Drayton, Go along there. As you come to the row of shops theres a pub on the corner., that road half way to the top is a good place to start.
Also, pub comes in handy  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GSXR_Warrior |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GSXR_Warrior Scooby Slapper

Joined: 23 Oct 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:20 - 10 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just put your name down. Once it's confirmed you'll have to have the motivation to do some training. Which as we all know is your real problem.
If you do put the training in I'm sure you could manage 10k just fine. A little 'on the day adrenaline' will probably get you twice as far as you would normally do anyway. ____________________ Photos and that |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|