|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pwntifex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pwntifex World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:53 - 06 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, I got bitten quite badly on the neck by a kid when I was around the same age. Parents kept me in, though, and didn't seem to do me any harm.  ____________________ the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts' |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Arfdog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Arfdog Crazy Courier

Joined: 17 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:13 - 06 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd keep him in there. I have a 2 year old, and he used to bite everything and anything, hard. He has not done it for ages now, but he had to be taught that biting is bad.
It's not possible to tell a 2.5yr old anything, so he can only learn not to do something once he's done it already. Hopefully his minder made the biter see what trouble he'd caused and punished him for it, so that he has now learnt he mustn't bite. They do learn bloody fast at that age, as I'm sure you know.
Either way, the staff willl be aware of the situation between the two of them, and should be able to nip any troubles in the bud and get them playing along nicely from now on. Moving him will probably only compound the problem when he meets new kids who he hasn't learnt to get on with yet. And you know how hard it is finding good, trustworthy childminders.... ____________________ I'm a lover, not a fighter. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:37 - 06 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dont overreact
Kids fight over the most stupid of things, especially toys. My son (now nearly 3) was slapped by a girl because she wanted the toy that he had.
The nursery are quite strict and the kids dont get away with much, i they cant behave then they get 'told off'.
My son is absolutley covered in bruises at the moment, he is the most accident prone child ever. The nursery have an incident book, he has almost filled it up. The last incident was 'he just fell over whilst standing still' They inform us of any injuries and what treatment was given ie cuddles.
Dont worry, kids will be kids after all  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:08 - 06 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to be (until very recently) a Nursery Nurse
In a private day nursery setting, I saw biting alllll the time
It is V common in 2-3 year olds
It is simply a way of expressing themselves, in one of the only ways they know how
IE, I am simple..you annoy me, I punch your head in
What is wrong with that ?
The staff, if good, should keep an eye on the situation
Children that age learn quickly what is/is not acceptable
And, I dread to say it, they learn kind of like dogs at this age !!
You tell them NO, give themtime out, ignore them, and then they are truly sorry
They KNOW they have done wrong
Believe it or not, kids of the age 2.5 yrs CAN be a bit 'scuffly' and angry
They just need a firm hand and that it will not be tolerated
I would not pull him out of Nursery as he needs to get along with others, as does the other child involved
(AND I hope they didn't mention the other childs name to you !! HIGHLY wrong !!)
And, not to be funny, I see a lot of you bite me/I bite you back stuff
Your son could have developed a lil biting habit, and someone has bitten him back as they have learned the behaviour from him
(Not saying he has, it's a suggestion)
Or someone could have bitten your son... he has bitten this other kid,...and so on.. you know
At the end of the day.. about 50% of the lil kids today bite others when they are v young
They just need to know what is/isn't acceptable
they don't know til we tell them
I know your child means the world to you, I used to be physically sick if my kid wasn't happy as school etc... but there is worse to come !! Trust me !!
Jo xx ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Drew |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Drew Banned
Joined: 09 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:15 - 06 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
You need to tell your child that biting and pulling hair is for girls.
You need to teach him how to punch propery  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lozzypop1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lozzypop1 Certified MILF!

Joined: 04 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:08 - 06 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Seems like the all the replies I would have given are above.... They are aware of it, will keep an eye open, seem to keep you well informed, etc.
I'd keep my child there TBH
When my eldest was in the first year, I picked him up one day to find he had the biggest bruise with teeth marks in his cheek! The teacher told me he'd been bit by another child, but he had been very disruptive in assembly that day Needless to say that particuar teacher and myself ended up having a few well chosen words! ____________________ Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mary Jane |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mary Jane Traffic Copper
Joined: 11 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 03:02 - 07 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
My son used to bite other kids. When he was about a year and a half old, he was always biting kids in his nursery class, and that was with me as the nursery teacher! Sometimes i could catch him before he did it, other times, he'd go behind something and bite a kid where I couldn't see it. I felt absolutely horrible that my kid was the biter. There was nothing I could do to make him stop either. Until... I spoke to my mother in law. She told me my ex had been a biter too, and the only way she'd gotten him to stop was to bite him too. I was shocked and horrified of course. But the very next week, a little girl's skin was broken by my son's teeth. I was in tears, I just didn't know what to do. So I took my son outside, and sat with him on my lap, and told him about how much he had hurt that girl, and then I showed him how much biting hurts. I cried and cried, more than he did. But he stopped biting after that. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Arfdog |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Arfdog Crazy Courier

Joined: 17 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:40 - 07 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Mary Jane wrote: | My son used to bite other kids. When he was about a year and a half old, he was always biting kids in his nursery class, and that was with me as the nursery teacher! Sometimes i could catch him before he did it, other times, he'd go behind something and bite a kid where I couldn't see it. I felt absolutely horrible that my kid was the biter. There was nothing I could do to make him stop either. Until... I spoke to my mother in law. She told me my ex had been a biter too, and the only way she'd gotten him to stop was to bite him too. I was shocked and horrified of course. But the very next week, a little girl's skin was broken by my son's teeth. I was in tears, I just didn't know what to do. So I took my son outside, and sat with him on my lap, and told him about how much he had hurt that girl, and then I showed him how much biting hurts. I cried and cried, more than he did. But he stopped biting after that. |
Did he taste good? Is that why you're still licking your lips in your avatar? ____________________ I'm a lover, not a fighter. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:07 - 07 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't look too deeply into it , all children are like that I probably was , myself , its a right of passage for people , in the next few years you can expect:
a bum GF who is no good for him
more bum GFs
his first desire to want a bike
working in Mc'ds B king etc ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:57 - 07 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I asked about it today and she said someone bit him first, so he bit back.
I sat him down last night and asked to see his bit marks.
He showed me, n asked me to kiss it.
I then told him biting is bad. He replyed 'yes'
So hopefully that is it.
Unless he gose and cracks this other lad  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jesus_Christ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jesus_Christ Spanner Monkey

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:13 - 08 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a feeling he will be a very tough lad.
He has his soft side almost all the time, but just now and then he will go 'funny'
Infact, I am looking into some martail arts,after school kinda thingy.
What age can they start tho  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|