Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Annoying insurance people...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Runaway987
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Annoying insurance people... Reply with quote

After having whittled my way down from £2000 premium to a £315 with KGB/LLoyds insurance, I thought I would call back MCE [whom I was with before] and the girl said they could do £309.

Full reference number and everything "Valid for 30 days etc"...

So I ring back KGB and see if they can beat my 3rd party only honda CBR600F 1995.

I get some prick telling me my IN10 [Not insured] has a £250 fine on it, I tell him it hasnt and that I got fined nothing as there were mitigating circumstances, please check with DVLA.

I also say the bike is going in a garage now instead of on the driveway. New premium is £385. Twats.

So I ring DVLA to make sure I know what I am on about, 6 points, no fine £50 costs. Now if I had taken that quote which they then had to pay out on can I do the "insurance" thing and say actually no im not having my premiums raised because you entered in incorrect details and assumptions when I plainly told you you were wrong. I doubt it. Middle Finger Evil or Very Mad Middle Finger

Never mind I'll just take the £309 quote from MCE.



Ring ring....

"I need that quote please"

Hold. Hold. Hold. £309?! There seems to be a mistake sir please wait a moment Hold. Hold. Hold.

"Yes I am very sorry I cant find that quote..." Are these people for real?! I give him full reference number and the contact i spoke to. Hold. "Ah yes we have it now sir, but there seems to be a problem" Hold. Hold. "Yes the girl you spoke to used the wrong panel, they dont touch IN10 policies im afraid, your new quote will be...

At this point I went a bit berserk.

""I DONT FUCKING CARE IF IT WAS KING KONG I SPOKE TO - IT WAS A REPRESENTATION OF YOUR COMPANY, I WAS GURRANTEED THE PRICE FOR 30 DAYS, I HAVE NCB, THE BIKE IS A CLAPPED OUT 11 YEAR OLD HONDA AND YOUR HAGGLING WITH ME OVER YOUR MISTAKE CONCERNING, WHEN I WENT WITH YOUR COMPANY PREVIOUSLY FOR MY POLICY! SORT IT OUT NOW"

Hold...

"Hi im Sarah senior manager for customer-"

"[I explain the bs thats going on]"

"That wont be a problem sir, would you like the policy today?"

"Yes".


Jesus there will be a special place in hell for insurance brokers...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SoulRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance companies are never going to make things easy, they will use any chance they get to take as much of your money as possible and pay out as little as possible.
____________________
My Bike Pics
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoshi
Traffic Copper



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for insurance, I'd be driving a Supra atm. Thumbs Down
____________________
Present: GS650 Katana - Getting ready for summer touring!
Past: TS50, RS50, ZXR400, LT80, TS250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hmmmnz
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

how old are you to be getting such high rates for 3rd pft,
i thought i was getting it rough having to pay £97 because im on an international licence, looks like im not doing to badly.
good that you got it for the original price quoted, Mr. Green Thumbs Up
____________________
the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haaa! You wait till you have to start dealing with them during a claim...

e.g. -

Them: "When you make your claim sir you need to send your certificate of insurance. "
Me: "It got stolen"
Them: "We can't process the claim without one"
Me: "You have it on file that I'm a customer, I'm talking to you"
Them: "Yes but we need one to process the claim"
Me: "Can't you just print it off when I sand in all the other stuff"
Them: "No, you'll have to apply to get a duplicate"
Me: "I'd like a duplicate Certificate of Insurance please"
Them: "Sorry sir I can't help you, ring this number"
Me: exasperated & well pissed off by now"Pathetic"
Them: "Sorry?"
Me: "Goodbye"

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
____________________
Using a mobile phone while driving a car should be made a capital offence!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

no_shad
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be suspicious of giving anyone named the KGB any money at all. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Runaway987
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 21.

With maybe 6 points : /

tip. Dont ever borrow a friends scooter to go 1/3 home at 4am after working 14 hours straight because you will get pulled over on suspicion of having nicked it and end in the shit. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 54.66 Kb