Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Why am I not bothered?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Why am I not bothered? Reply with quote

With biking?

After passing my DAS, I realised I actually wasn't that bothered, and wasn't completely amazed by the bigger bike.

My CG has just sold, didn't care, and I'm not _that_ enthusiastic about looking at a bigger bike!

Arg, what's wrong with me?

I feel complete apathy towards the whole thing, although I do look forward a tiny bit to getting a bigger bike on my drive.

Cheers,

T

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:21 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Why am I not bothered? Reply with quote

Get your own bigger bike and start riding it a bit, then see how you feel.

Can't comment myself as I'd ridden 'my' first big bike a load a while before doing my DAS Confused.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 21:27 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because you are a closet Saxo driver Smile

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called achieving a dream/goal , much like the TV adverts when you were a child about toys and the adverts plushing up the toys to make them seem fantastic (they almost universally never were).

in life it is important to have goals in life or targets like my dad likes to call them , with dreams / targets we put up with the crap life throws at us , the shit of the world bounces off us as we are too busy looking and thinking about something else.

We get to that goal and all the anticipation and self induced Hyperbole doesn't materialise and we feel down or almost cheated in a certain kind of way, hence your current apathy of things.

As said its important to have a 99.9% impossible dream , thats probably why Lottery wins are a blessing AND a curse a sword which cuts both ways.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:21 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
It's because you are a closet Saxo driver Smile

LOL Classic!

Dude, it depends, maybe try offroading on a big bike, try stunting a big bike! theres many aspects to riding!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:18 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if u dont want a big bike yet, wait a bit before getting one

i suspect if you have a few test rides in the mean time, you might get a taste for it again

have you tried a thundercat yet ?

I think you may be pleasantly surprised

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:14 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Why am I not bothered? Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
With biking?

After passing my DAS, I realised I actually wasn't that bothered, and wasn't completely amazed by the bigger bike.

My CG has just sold, didn't care, and I'm not _that_ enthusiastic about looking at a bigger bike!

Arg, what's wrong with me?

I feel complete apathy towards the whole thing, although I do look forward a tiny bit to getting a bigger bike on my drive.

Cheers,

T

After the initial massive high from passing my test, I felt exactly like you Toby.... it felt like a massive anti climax. I was so focused at getting through the test, put myself under so much pressure and thought once I had passed everything would be great but it wasnt. I felt quite flat about it all. It was like ... mission complete.....now what.

michael j
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:50 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your name Vicki Pollard?

BanditBitch
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
Is your name Vicki Pollard?

Didnt realise she had passed her motorcycle test. Shocked

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a track bike and go racing, flat track racing, moto X , stunting, green-laning, there are loads of things you could try. Try doing an advanced course to give yourself something else to aim for..

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:36 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather could be a factor, i picked up my baby just as it was getting hot and boy what a summer.

Perhaps its the bike, is it the bike of your dreams?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spend so much time and money gearing up for the test that when you pass its a bit of an anticlimax.

Dont worry Toby, it'll come back when you are ragging it hard on that 600 Wink

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 12:43 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, totally missed that part where you haven't ridden a larger bike yet of your own.

Um.....STFU Noob?

Laughing Middle Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 13:02 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i got my SV i though the first week i made such a mistake as couldnt ride it like the RS and thought that maybe i didnt want a bigger bike afterall.

But its a stage that goes and you realise why you love it.

Maybe go bikeless for a month and then yourll relise how usefull/fun riding is Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny the SR125 I played about with and recently had a ride with (how I met SR125 girl) , felt really really light such that I could throw it in corners and ride it almost like a push bike , while the bigger bike like now isn't so flexible , maybe I need to play with a sports bike or something. since those are only40 kilos more than 125s while mine is 100 more.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1