Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Recruitment Fair

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Recruitment Fair Reply with quote

I saw that one of the above was on in Southampton, so I got dolled up, got out my CV and off I trundled. Found the place eventually - I had actually walked right past it once, no big signs of advertising...say hey you this way >> or anything. And after the big queue to get in (need you to register) found out it wasnt as big as I was expecting.

Southampton is huge, and I thought there would be loads and loads to trawel through like bike week at the NEC. Anyway I did speak to a couple of very interesting people, who gave me names & advice and suggestions on what to do next. And I sat and waited for over 1.5hrs for an adviser to give me some help and guidance, in the end...time was creeping by and I thought my friend who's drive I parked on will be home shortly, so I'd better leave...and still my number hadnt been called...it turned out there were 8 people in front of me, so I walked away.

Oh and to top it off, I come away with a stinking headache, sore feet and it pissed it down with rain...

Did anyone else from here go?
Any job joy for you?
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your particular line of work?
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trained as an artworker, graphic designer BUT Im trying to change direction into education support or advice, guidance or mentoring role (with teenagers preferrably).
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
education support or advice, guidance or mentoring role (with teenagers preferrably).



I know you have been doing voluntary work, but have you considered volunteering with the Girl Guides Smile
Once you are a member there are a lot of opportunities for further training (which is partially funded by the organisation and sometimes can be funded by your unit/district) in youth work...

Find your local Senior Section Unit, these are for girls aged between 14-25 and ask there about helping out/becoming a leader.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that Annabella. I never thought about it to be honest! Hmmmm, defo something to think about.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 44.72 Kb