Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I am eating........

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:24 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: I am eating........ Reply with quote

A healthy Tuna & Sweetcorn pasta snack from Tescos.
Anyone else had this shit?
My son has it for Nursery
1) Because its 'healthy'
2) because he loves Tuna & Pasta

Got an extra one today for him tommorow, but got hungry so decided to snack into it. After all its my fav snack.
But hell, how can they call this healthy :S
Its burning my mouth, sod knows what sauce is with it.
Healthy my arse, more like stomach acid.
Never will i get that for josh again poor sod.
My rant for the day Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:34 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The better one is 'John West' light lunch.

Real large pieces of tuna, you can get a meddeteranian one and tomato salsa. There are others but i've only tried two.
Really nice and you can tell it's fresh, packed in a sealed tin type thing and not artificial stuff.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:48 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could buy some tuna, sweetcorn, pasta and mayonaise, and make your own.

Will only take 2 minutes and will actually taste nice.
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Delvard
Traffic Copper



Joined: 22 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished a nice almond croissant with a mug of fresh coffee myself. Thumbs Up
____________________
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:01 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check the ingredients, I love tuna and sweetcorn (gloop) but the preprepared snacks are full of sugar and vinegar. Thumbs Down

The 'healthy' bit is all a marketing ploy.

Mix the mayo into the tuna, then add sweetcorn, shred some lettuce, cube cucmber and mix it all in together. If I'm feeling fat I'll mix in cubed cheese, peppers and tomatoes too Smile delicious.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzuki wrote:
Will only take 2 minutes


Liar! Tut Tut Whistle
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:16 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Suzuki wrote:
Will only take 2 minutes


Liar! Tut Tut Whistle


I was assuming from their lazy disposition that they'd get somebody else to boil the pasta for them! Wink Laughing
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR you use fresh pasta which does only take 1 minute to cook Smile
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or use Dolmio's express pasta which takes 75 seconds.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the challange is set, I want video evidence of someone making a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in 2 minutes!

Until then, liars! Razz
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Susi
Whitton Girl



Joined: 06 Jun 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: I am eating........ Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
A healthy Tuna & Sweetcorn pasta snack from Tescos. Anyone else had this shit?


I used to buy them all the time for lunch, but then again I always felt hungry once I'd finished. There isn't enough in that little pot to even count as a daily meal.

If I remember correctly they also do a bacon one.
____________________
Sometimes, I like to think I'm 'spe-cial'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The better one is 'John West' light lunch.

Real large pieces of tuna, you can get a meddeteranian one and tomato salsa. There are others but i've only tried two.
Really nice and you can tell it's fresh, packed in a sealed tin type thing and not artificial stuff.


Really!?
I tried one of those John West jobs expecting it to be really good considering I like thier tinned tuna, I thought this was going to be my new lunch for the next year! But no. Judging by the packaging image(my first mistake) I thought it looked good.
It wasn't. It was half filled with small peices of over soft pasta, tiny flakes of tuna mixed with soggy vegetables swimming in a pool of grey bile.
I was gutted.
____________________
GSXR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:39 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never put mayo in my tuna sandwiches, instead of mayo I use Salad Cream. Tastes 100 times better than it does with mayo. It goes with the tuna nicely.

To be honest I only put mayo in chicken sandwiches, never really use it with anything else.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tokarev wrote:
I never put mayo in my tuna sandwiches, instead of mayo I use Salad Cream. Tastes 100 times better than it does with mayo.


A kid after my own heart! Mayo is horrible, long live salad cream!
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:50 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I thought I was the only one.

Long live salad cream! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I prefer salad cream also (Salad ream on toast hmmmmmm)
Anyway, I will from now on make his own lunch. At least I know what gose in it.
Was just gutted that he ate that crap, if it burning my mouth what did it do for him Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ColdInsomnia
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought any scrap of food that's tesco's own brand since the last time I went to the cafe there I asked for a cheese toastie.

What I got were two slabs of paper-thin bread slightly brown on one side (toasted without butter on them) and a cold slab of plastic cheese slapped between them.

Served by something that looked very much like Sloth from the Goonies too.

And it was my birthday Crying or Very sad
____________________
Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColdInsomnia wrote:

And it was my birthday Crying or Very sad



All together now

*AWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*


I used to think the Tesco cafe in Cardiff was good, cheap food, plenty of it and a lot of choice. Thumbs Up
Still rather make my own though.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I usually cant have these pre-prepared things, I have to make everything myself...too much stuff in the ingredients that could easily be avoided....I mean why do they put whey powder in some crisps and not others???

Ive seen paprika in iced lollies...
lactose in strawberry flavour laces, flu remedies, caneaston products, allergy tablets, indegestion remedies all sorts.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more ingredients than people would like to believe in most "fresh" products too.

Some ingredients perform a different function than you would expect. Lactose is not only an energy source, can be used to hold the actual final product together.

I absolutely love the "No preservatives or artificial colourings" adverts that you get. Such bollocks most of it. I'm trying to find examples, but I have no food in my flat right now. Embarassed
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:43 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaknafien wrote:
Ok the challange is set, I want video evidence of someone making a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in 2 minutes!

Until then, liars! Razz


Other than a tuna, sweetcorn and pasta dinner, what do I get? Smile
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
Other than a tuna, sweetcorn and pasta dinner, what do I get? Smile


Pasta express is cheating, it's almost as bad as buying the ready made snack from tescos so you fail. Razz
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
Or use Dolmio's express pasta which takes 75 seconds.



zaknafien wrote:
Ok the challange is set, I want video evidence of someone making a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in 2 minutes!

Until then, liars!


Where did you say pasta express was cheating, when I had already mentioned it? Can't go round adding extra rules after the event, y'know. Unless you're Belgian.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the idea was to make your own, express pasta doesnt count as it's another 'ready made' item. Very Happy
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then the answer is no, you can't make a tuna & sweetcorn pasta snack in two minutes, unless you use ready made pasta, since pasta takes about 2 hours to make from scratch.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.38 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 133.71 Kb