Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Nose piercings

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nose piercings on blokes
Men should only have rings, studs are for girls.
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Both studs and rings look girly.
52%
 52%  [ 31 ]
There's nothing wrong with either.
35%
 35%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 59

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Nose piercings Reply with quote

Hiya, got my nose pierced a couple of days ago and am pretty chuffed about it. Work behind a bar am only allowed studs not rings, but this doesn't bother me as I like the look of both. However today there were some young kids in the pub having dinner with their mums, and like any group of youngs boys they were talking about lots of stupid rubbish - However I overheard them saying something about me having my nose pierced, and that only girls have nose piercings.

Now I obviously payed no attention to the babbling of a bunch of 8yr old kids, but just now I was talking to my sister on the phone and she said "But don't you think having a stud in your nose is a bit girly?". Since I generally pay attention to what my sister thinks this has got me a bit paranoid... Do you think having a stud in your nose is only for girls?

zaknafien

PostPosted: 21:30 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya big girl.

Thumbs Up

Zimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed out the option on the poll that I would have voted for, which is that nose rings are absolutely horrible and studs are pointless and just about acceptable on girls only, as long as the stud is v small. But then, others will disagree I''m sure!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shemale Thumbs Down

Rob-B
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 21:39 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think nose studs are 'girly', I do however think earings/studs on men look gay Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

strawberry
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:53 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I'm not a big fan of studs in general (even though I've worn one for a couple of years due to BCR's not going down too well in work/study circles) I've never thought they belonged to any particular gender. I've seen all sorts of people, of all sorts of genders, wearing studs and/or rings and what has stood out for me over that time is simply that what matters most is whether the piercing in question suits the *person* who has it.

Good luck with its healing Smile

**edit** for spelling > <

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like it, that's what matters.

See alot of "alternative" male fashion plates (don't they know they all look the same? Doh!) wandering around with spikes/skulls etc and trying to look different or more to the point, trying to look all manly and tough. Makes me smile, don't mind people getting pierced because they want them, but strikes me as vaguely pathetic when it's done because they want to feel like a stereotypical misfit.

I wonder though, maybe you're due a custom title...

"Sephiroth" /grin

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:31 - 25 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey... personally I would never get a nose ring or anything like that. Its, for me, idiotic, and I could never live with it, its like tatoos... you can never get rid of them - and I could never do it. However... each to their own. Dude... I couldn't do it in the first place because its kinda icky and I am soooo squeemish! lol You are a better man than me! lol

Anyway... as was said above... its whether YOU like it that matters Smile And if you do, then thats cool Smile How about getting us a pic?

Sounds cool! Very Happy

Nath
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:08 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if you and strawberry have never heard of nose studs being "only for girls" then I guess my sister was talking rubbish Thumbs Up Hanging up the phone after talking to her I actually considered what it would mean if I'd most people did consider it girly, and decided I probably wouldn't be that bothered (don't have any insecurities about my masculinity).

Definitely do like the look - Subtle enough not to dominate my face, but adds a bit of character to it. Have been meaning to get my nose peirced for the past year but couldn't in the past due to jobs. Have liked the look of peirced ears on blokes for a long time, but am still not 100% certain it would suit me. If my nose heals up nicely then I will possibly get an ear done knowing I can take it out if I don't like it.

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimbo wrote:
which is that nose rings are absolutely horrible

I have to agree with that, makes me cringe at the thought (I have a nose phobia though)

Does snot not get caught in it? (Sorry if that is irrelevant but it is something I have always wondered)

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:43 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath wrote:
Okay, if you and strawberry have never heard of nose studs being "only for girls" then I guess my sister was talking rubbish Thumbs Up Hanging up the phone after talking to her I actually considered what it would mean if I'd most people did consider it girly, and decided I probably wouldn't be that bothered (don't have any insecurities about my masculinity).

Definitely do like the look - Subtle enough not to dominate my face, but adds a bit of character to it. Have been meaning to get my nose peirced for the past year but couldn't in the past due to jobs. Have liked the look of peirced ears on blokes for a long time, but am still not 100% certain it would suit me. If my nose heals up nicely then I will possibly get an ear done knowing I can take it out if I don't like it.

Its good that you like it. And if it dosen't look girly to you (and you aren't really feminine.) then it probably dosen't look girly to everyone else. Wink Nice one! Very Happy

And your sister talks b*lloks lol. She dosen't have a clue, and is just jealous because you obviouslly look so much better than she does. Wink lol

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 01:50 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nath u tend to plough your own furrow, so i wdnt worry

i gather that u intend to let your hair turn into dreadlocks

certainly not to many peoples tastes, so dont be surprised if others dont share your taste in piercings

personally, i think on blokes, pierced eyebrow is ok, pierced bit of nose between eyes is good, pierced bottom lip wd be quite handy, pierced cheek is good for shock value

but i dont like piercings on the nose around the nostrils

girl at work has one

the only thing worse is girls who have a stud above their top lip to the side of their nose like a beauty spot or a stray piece of snot

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:35 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its different people as well.

Some guys look great with piercings, especially (as said above) through the eyebrow. However, others don't particularly suit them.

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 14:35 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazz wrote:

Does snot not get caught in it?

What I always wanted to know was whether really runny snot would come out through the hole in your nose?

I'm not a great lover of piercings. Though nose studs do suit Asian girls Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible

PostPosted: 14:44 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it would if you're this guy... click the link

https://modblog.bmezine.com/2006/10/23/i-guess-it-is-possible-after-all/

But not with the diddy little ones favoured by the more mainstream.

six
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:16 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

https://modblog.bmezine.com/2006/10/23/i-guess-it-is-possible-after-all/

But not with the diddy little ones favoured by the more mainstream.

Sick Sick Sick

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 16:19 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

EUGH!!

That is horrid! Why? Yuk yuk yuk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 17:50 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:

I wouldn't want to be in the room if he sneezed. Laughing

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:12 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to attract the ladies! Won't he look dead sexy when he is 80 years old!

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMaiden wrote:
Way to attract the ladies! Won't he look dead sexy when he is 80 years old!

He'll probably die of infection by the time he's 30.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 22:21 - 26 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest if you like it thats all that matters, i have a few ear peiceings (anti-tragus, top ear) and people have told me that think if gay (though only about 1-2 in 4 years) but it doesnt bother me, i got piercings because i think they are cool and thats all that counts.

I have had the same with my tougue people saying only girls should have it done but again i dont care and it can come in useful when your with a lady Wink

I think on some guys nose piercings look really cool, if you like it then thats enough Thumbs Up

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy C wrote:

I have had the same with my tougue people saying only girls should have it done but again i dont care and it can come in useful when your with a lady Wink

If a lady has down below done and you have your tongue down...would they not end up tangled?

Jenks
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:10 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nath mate, I've read this thread, And all i can say is.. do what you damn well want mate!
You havent seen what i've done to my hair, And i got my ears, which im not sure if you've seen, And my lip.
Do what you want mate, use the stud for work, And ring outside mate!
Who gives a flying...

Heres my hair.... (The orangy is BRIGHT red, The cam just makes it look crap)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/ylldeath/Picture27.jpg

Can see lip there too...

And my ear...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/ylldeath/Picture28.jpg

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:18 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenks you are quite scary Shocked (not meaning that in a cheeky way though)

I had my wrist pierced it got all pussy and infected before ripping right out...not an advisable piercing if you ride a bike, gets caught on the gloves Thumbs Down

Jenks
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 27 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i tell you what, you don't want to know HOW MANY people have asked me if i had my hair done for halloween lol.
And to be honest, Be as cheeky as you want lol, Most Fuckers are!
(No offence)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2