 Rubix Nova Slayer

Joined: 31 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:13 - 31 May 2006 Post subject: Counter Steering |
 |
|
Counter steering.
Just after some advise on speed and Counter steering.
What to do when your hitting a turn too fast , how to sharpen the turn quickly etc?
Any Australian riders also ? after information on P's test coming up.
Many thanks. ____________________ Zxr250R import / 2001 CR125 / YZF R6 2007 work done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25rNTRHH6mI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnOSzqolig |
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 31 May 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
There was a thread about counter steering just last week.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=83561
Counter steering is when you push (or pull) the bars the opposite way that the bike will turn. If your going too fast into the corner just steer a bit more.
Maybe more importantly look where you want to go. If you look along the road you will steer that way without thinking about it. ____________________ the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section |
|
 coolfox1 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 14 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:56 - 07 Jun 2006 Post subject: could not resist |
 |
|
This has to be one of my favorite subjects, it's such a buz when you find it, it's one of the things I learnt about on here.
I don't profess to understand it fully, I just know it's got me around some amazing bends at speeds I never though possible.
One thing that gets me is I actually think it's pretty unsafe to not know about it and cant understand why cornering isn't part of the training. If your going in to a corner just that bit to fast you tend to find out on the exit, if your not understanding what the bike is doing, how you made it do it and how to sharpen the turn, your either going to end up in a hedge or use the brakes on a bend not good.
One reason I love my NSR so much is after riding uprights the fact that the NSR has such wide tires and low position I find makes cornering so much better .... and a buz
Ian |
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|