Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CB 175

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

shwartzbewith...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 08 Jun 2006    Post subject: CB 175 Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good link I can find on the different models and options that were available for the CB175 through the 80's? I guess I'm just looking for a history writeup or other good tech info on the net.
I'm getting one real cheap and want to find out as much as I can about it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TorontoBoy
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:31 - 09 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://100megsfree4.com/honda/

You must mean the '70s, not the '80s. Do a Google search for more info.

https://www.jrbranson.com/HondaRacer/CB175/CB175-FramesPage.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CB175
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

shwartzbewith...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 09 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've found why I was assuming it was mid 80's. I thought (assumed) because of the size of the bike and engine that it was a CB175 BUT it had more rounded (curved) handlebars and a lower seating position that all the 70's CB175's that I've seen. So I just figured it was a newer CB175. However, I think I've found it on the first site you gave me (I don't have the bike currently, it's in a friends workshop and I didn't get a really good look). I'm pretty sure it's a '78-'79 Twinstar CM 185T.
Here's the pic the site had:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/shwartz/b1ce377a.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TorontoBoy
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:37 - 10 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be a Honda CMX250, the Rebel. The Rebels started in '84 and look very similar, with their buckhorn handlebars.

https://100megsfree4.com/honda/h0200/cm250c-84.jpg

Either way, both bikes are pretty cool.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

shwartzbewith...
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be, but I'm pretty sure the previous owner said the engine wasn't that big. He thought it was a 180, so I'm guessing it's the 185. I will know better this weekend. I'm going to the area so I'll stop to take a better look at it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.04 Sec - Server Load: 1.09 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 42.53 Kb