Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


bandit knee down SORRY!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dumpsta
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: bandit knee down SORRY!!!! Reply with quote

Hi i have just started riding and have a 600 bandit. I was just wondering if it's possible to get your knee down on one of these or this sort of bike. Has anybody here done it on a bandit (get your knee down that is) Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet.

Pegs nicely chamfered but once I get far down enough to get my knee down I'm almost lifting the front wheel off the deck Shocked

Blimmin low pegs! Razz
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Slickfish
Crazy Courier



Joined: 24 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:15 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it done many times on a Bandit 1200!!!! Cool .
One of my mates rides one!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: bandit knee down SORRY!!!! Reply with quote

dumpsta wrote:
Hi i have just started riding


That's the only important bit then.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dumpsta
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:23 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is true but i ride every day so getting used to it quite quickly. put a new rear tyre on and only have about 1- 1.5cm not worn on my tyre on both edges
____________________
Watch Rae Rip up worlds this year!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my side stand would hit the floor first before my knee. I now have only melted tyre at the side instead of chicken strips and I'm still about a foot away from getting the knee down. I could hang off like a monkey but whats the point? oh and i'm really short so I probably wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

Had the pegs down and ruined the toe sliders but meh, it's more stable to have less lean anyway, just turn later and quicker.
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done it on the track, I know in the pictures my knee isn't down, but many people from this site can clarify that I have knee sliders to prove it. So yes it is possible, I wouldn't recommend doing it if you still have a standard can installed, I seemed to of completely sheared mine away. Laughing
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/JonBod/PICT0164.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/JonBod/IMG_5994.jpg
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures are awesome! I can't claim nearly as much leanage, but I'm just a girl Smile

Theres some pictures here of my bandit tomfoolry, but it looks pretty pathetic compared to jons Smile

https://www.eabikers.co.uk/phpBB2/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=1961
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Dude
Crazy Courier



Joined: 04 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll all end in tears i tell ya.lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kara
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will only make me cry if I don't crash my heap of shit bandit! mwahahaha
____________________
NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I got my knee down on my bandit the day beofre I sold it, was on Avon touring tyers aswell so a bit dodgy, but ok Thumbs Up

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any particular reason you want to get your knee down?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gaz-racing.co.uk/images/Lydden2/Full/gazsmall.jpg

Me on the right, 'tis easy.

Pegs are too low though, they grind too easily.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try not to get too fixed on getting your knee down. I rode 1000s of miles with a mate of mine and when i was learning to get my knee down it screwed up my lines and speed compared to his cos i was trying too hard and not concentrating on the corner. now i can kd pretty easily and am now re-learning entry and apex technique. (all on a Bandit with 30mm jack up)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DynaMight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a pic my girlfriend got of JonB Smile

https://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3366/jonbnj3.jpg

Mind you he was hanging off that bike like a monkey Smile I remember following him for a few laps, I thought he was actually going to get all the way off at one stage Smile
____________________
My bikes are at https://www.bikepics.com/members/dynamight/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:25 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, that's the best kneedown pic i've seen of myself so far. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.19 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 89.21 Kb