|
|
| Author |
Message |
| dumpsta |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dumpsta Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 24 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:05 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: bandit knee down SORRY!!!! |
 |
|
Hi i have just started riding and have a 600 bandit. I was just wondering if it's possible to get your knee down on one of these or this sort of bike. Has anybody here done it on a bandit (get your knee down that is)  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:12 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not yet.
Pegs nicely chamfered but once I get far down enough to get my knee down I'm almost lifting the front wheel off the deck
Blimmin low pegs!  ____________________ NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Slickfish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Slickfish Crazy Courier

Joined: 24 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:15 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've seen it done many times on a Bandit 1200!!!! .
One of my mates rides one!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dumpsta |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dumpsta Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 24 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kara |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kara Crazy Courier

Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:34 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think my side stand would hit the floor first before my knee. I now have only melted tyre at the side instead of chicken strips and I'm still about a foot away from getting the knee down. I could hang off like a monkey but whats the point? oh and i'm really short so I probably wouldn't be able to do it anyway.
Had the pegs down and ruined the toe sliders but meh, it's more stable to have less lean anyway, just turn later and quicker. ____________________ NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:47 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have done it on the track, I know in the pictures my knee isn't down, but many people from this site can clarify that I have knee sliders to prove it. So yes it is possible, I wouldn't recommend doing it if you still have a standard can installed, I seemed to of completely sheared mine away.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/JonBod/PICT0164.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/JonBod/IMG_5994.jpg ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kara |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kara Crazy Courier

Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Dude |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Dude Crazy Courier

Joined: 04 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kara |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kara Crazy Courier

Joined: 23 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:36 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
It will only make me cry if I don't crash my heap of shit bandit! mwahahaha ____________________ NC30 + Bandit 6
www.eabikers.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:41 - 24 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
I got my knee down on my bandit the day beofre I sold it, was on Avon touring tyers aswell so a bit dodgy, but ok
Luke ____________________ Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 0ddball |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 0ddball World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fredsredhat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fredsredhat Traffic Copper

Joined: 11 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DynaMight |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DynaMight World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:25 - 25 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers mate, that's the best kneedown pic i've seen of myself so far.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|