|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:45 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: My First Off .... |
 |
|
| Icey @ 20.23 wrote: | Ouch - You'll have to excuse me, I'm still in shock.
Basically my bike was running out of fuel - so I went to pull over in a layby to have a rest and put myself on to reserve, I wasn't too far away, I must have come too fast into the layby which was a sh*te mix of hard concerete and gravel, I lost it and the bike fell on it's side with me on it, I was so shocked and dazed that I couldn't move - I was so lucky that the car that was behind me saw me and turned around a pulled over and helped me pick the bike up and sit with me - and also lent me the use of there phone - as I'd left the house without mine.
I now feel extremely sad, and to be honest I was more worried about my bike & leathers than myself. I'm off to A&E in a minute as I have an extremely painful sausage finger. Apart from that just a few bumps bruises and aches.
Bike is bumped Sad Dent in the tank - smooshed left hand indicator and lots of scuffs down the left hand side cry My poor Mork.
The hardest bit was riding home with just one finger on my right hand, but I didnt want to leave my bike, I don't really know how I managed to get home as I feel numb and sore, but I did.
Big Thank you to the family that stopped - if it wasn't for them I'd still be laying on the layby sobbing my heart out.
Oh, and it was opposite a pub - and guess what - they all stared out the window and no f*cker came and helped.
Icey |
| Icey @ 23.53 wrote: | Well - I've just come back from RUH, as Chippenham X-ray was broken (joy).
I have broked my finger - and I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. Was wicked bad x-ray.
What an eventful evening, I'm now very hungry - and still very sore.
Ho hum.
|
Would have taken me ages to re-write - so just copied n pasted - sorry. ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| firefox |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 firefox World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:55 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
sorry to hear that mate, least your not too bad things could of been worse by the sounds of things.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:57 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I was lucky  ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Misc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Misc World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:58 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bad luck, i hate loose gravel! Yer well done to the family  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:31 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
extremely painful sausage
That bit got me worried
Loose gravel is a pain in the devils mother's ass, they are resurfacing roads around me with about 5mm of tarmac and just throwing loads, and i mean loads of bluey looking stones down and leaving it like that for about a week then coming and brushing it off....still awful to ride on.
Well take this for example, about 3 weeks after doing the road i thought it would be alright to ride normally on, going up the road from a junction, went from 1'st to 2nd and let the clutch out a bit to quickly, back wheel started spinning....on a 125 4T , never had that before  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| suzi_bandit |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 suzi_bandit Traffic Copper

Joined: 21 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:40 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bummer That's bad luck.
Hope you and your bike make a speedy recovery. ____________________ I want a big boys bike, preferably a Speed Triple. To date I have ?7:42p stashed away to put towards one. Need to get it in the bank & earning interest asap. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:12 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've just got up and feel worse today than I did yesterday - my knees are so painful - my fingers so painful - it sucks.
Least I'll be able to look at my bike today and work out what I need to do. ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:31 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bad luck I've had a few near off experiences with loose gravel around here that they've been spreading across the melting tarmac. Friggin retard council Hope you recover soon anyways, and manage to sort the bike without any major hassles  ____________________ TL1000s, KDX200 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:17 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
This was just a poorly looked after layby - feel like writing to the council and asking them who owns it and why it's so badly looked after - cracked patched tarmac, loose gravel...  ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:19 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's one of those things, you are a new rider. Eventually you can learn the art of moving the reserve tap whilst on the move. But hey ho, you will see gravel in future and avoid it. (Not saying you was going for it though).  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:47 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've always topped up with fuel after 100-120 miles, the thought of running on reserve in the middle of nowhere is one less thing I want to run into  ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:59 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd done 250+, and I should have filled up before I left for a ride, my bad. ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SilvaRizla |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SilvaRizla Spanner Monkey
Joined: 30 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lawnie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lawnie Nearly there...

Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:48 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a small dent in my tank as well (not my fault), so you're not the only one!
It doesn't sound as if your bike is too badly damaged  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bomberman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bomberman World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:50 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Gutted. Shitty feeling when you bend your bike eh Doesn't sound too bad though. ____________________ 'Allo! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
'89 TZR 125 - '94 GPZ500s - ZK3 GSXR600 Alstare  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:15 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Awww, at least you're OK dude
(going to mitp?) ____________________ NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:26 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's not too bad, just gutting tbh.
James - Nah probably not - CBA with minis and that atm  ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GearboxGeezer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GearboxGeezer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:48 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I hope your sausage finger gets better, what ever that is
Nah take care, let it heal, then get back on the bike.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lawnie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lawnie Nearly there...

Joined: 23 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:00 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Opposite Waggon & Horse - Beckhampton, Marlborough.
Sausage finger looks nearly dead - black and purple and blue. Yummy. ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cillit-BANG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cillit-BANG World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| macca |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 macca Derestricted Danger
Joined: 07 Jul 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 15:38 - 30 Jul 2006 Post subject: Re: My First Off .... |
 |
|
| Icey wrote: | | Icey @ 20.23 wrote: | Ouch - You'll have to excuse me, I'm still in shock.
Basically my bike was running out of fuel - so I went to pull over in a layby to have a rest and put myself on to reserve, I wasn't too far away, I must have come too fast into the layby which was a sh*te mix of hard concerete and gravel, I lost it and the bike fell on it's side with me on it, I was so shocked and dazed that I couldn't move - I was so lucky that the car that was behind me saw me and turned around a pulled over and helped me pick the bike up and sit with me - and also lent me the use of there phone - as I'd left the house without mine.
I now feel extremely sad, and to be honest I was more worried about my bike & leathers than myself. I'm off to A&E in a minute as I have an extremely painful sausage finger. Apart from that just a few bumps bruises and aches.
Bike is bumped Sad Dent in the tank - smooshed left hand indicator and lots of scuffs down the left hand side cry My poor Mork.
The hardest bit was riding home with just one finger on my right hand, but I didnt want to leave my bike, I don't really know how I managed to get home as I feel numb and sore, but I did.
Big Thank you to the family that stopped - if it wasn't for them I'd still be laying on the layby sobbing my heart out.
Oh, and it was opposite a pub - and guess what - they all stared out the window and no f*cker came and helped.
Icey |
| Icey @ 23.53 wrote: | Well - I've just come back from RUH, as Chippenham X-ray was broken (joy).
I have broked my finger - and I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. Was wicked bad x-ray.
What an eventful evening, I'm now very hungry - and still very sore.
Ho hum.
|
Would have taken me ages to re-write - so just copied n pasted - sorry. |
You wernt the only one to have a fall yesterday
I came off on a roundabout
No damage done though |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|