Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My First Off ....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:45 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: My First Off .... Reply with quote

Icey @ 20.23 wrote:
Ouch - You'll have to excuse me, I'm still in shock.

Basically my bike was running out of fuel - so I went to pull over in a layby to have a rest and put myself on to reserve, I wasn't too far away, I must have come too fast into the layby which was a sh*te mix of hard concerete and gravel, I lost it and the bike fell on it's side with me on it, I was so shocked and dazed that I couldn't move - I was so lucky that the car that was behind me saw me and turned around a pulled over and helped me pick the bike up and sit with me - and also lent me the use of there phone - as I'd left the house without mine.

I now feel extremely sad, and to be honest I was more worried about my bike & leathers than myself. I'm off to A&E in a minute as I have an extremely painful sausage finger. Apart from that just a few bumps bruises and aches.

Bike is bumped Sad Dent in the tank - smooshed left hand indicator and lots of scuffs down the left hand side cry My poor Mork.

The hardest bit was riding home with just one finger on my right hand, but I didnt want to leave my bike, I don't really know how I managed to get home as I feel numb and sore, but I did.

Big Thank you to the family that stopped - if it wasn't for them I'd still be laying on the layby sobbing my heart out.

Oh, and it was opposite a pub - and guess what - they all stared out the window and no f*cker came and helped.

Icey


Icey @ 23.53 wrote:
Well - I've just come back from RUH, as Chippenham X-ray was broken (joy).

I have broked my finger - and I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. Was wicked bad x-ray.

What an eventful evening, I'm now very hungry - and still very sore.

Ho hum.



Would have taken me ages to re-write - so just copied n pasted - sorry.
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

firefox
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that mate, least your not too bad things could of been worse by the sounds of things. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:57 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was lucky Smile
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:58 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck, i hate loose gravel! Yer well done to the family Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:31 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extremely painful sausage

That bit got me worried Shocked

Loose gravel is a pain in the devils mother's ass, they are resurfacing roads around me with about 5mm of tarmac and just throwing loads, and i mean loads of bluey looking stones down and leaving it like that for about a week then coming and brushing it off....still awful to ride on.

Well take this for example, about 3 weeks after doing the road i thought it would be alright to ride normally on, going up the road from a junction, went from 1'st to 2nd and let the clutch out a bit to quickly, back wheel started spinning....on a 125 4T Shocked , never had that before Twisted Evil Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

suzi_bandit
Traffic Copper



Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:40 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer Sad That's bad luck.

Hope you and your bike make a speedy recovery.
____________________
I want a big boys bike, preferably a Speed Triple. To date I have ?7:42p stashed away to put towards one. Need to get it in the bank & earning interest asap.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:12 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got up and feel worse today than I did yesterday - my knees are so painful - my fingers so painful - it sucks.

Least I'll be able to look at my bike today and work out what I need to do.
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:31 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck Confused I've had a few near off experiences with loose gravel around here that they've been spreading across the melting tarmac. Friggin retard council Evil or Very Mad Hope you recover soon anyways, and manage to sort the bike without any major hassles Thumbs Up
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:17 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was just a poorly looked after layby - feel like writing to the council and asking them who owns it and why it's so badly looked after - cracked patched tarmac, loose gravel... Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those things, you are a new rider. Eventually you can learn the art of moving the reserve tap whilst on the move. But hey ho, you will see gravel in future and avoid it. (Not saying you was going for it though). Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:27 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky on the spill.

Quote:
Eventually you can learn the art of moving the reserve tap whilst on the move.


The tap on my ZXR was a bitch to get even when off the bike, the FZR is a little easier, but I've still to try and flick it when on the move.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Unlucky on the spill.

Quote:
Eventually you can learn the art of moving the reserve tap whilst on the move.


The tap on my ZXR was a bitch to get even when off the bike, the FZR is a little easier, but I've still to try and flick it when on the move.


My cbr's is well stiff, not sure I'd be able to work it with gloves whilst on the move Confused havent needed to run onto it yet however, as the cbr has done up to 140 miles before I've decided to fill up so far without going to reserve Shocked I know the day I let it run onto reserve I'll end up miles away from anywhere...
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:47 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always topped up with fuel after 100-120 miles, the thought of running on reserve in the middle of nowhere is one less thing I want to run into Wink
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:59 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd done 250+, and I should have filled up before I left for a ride, my bad.
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SilvaRizla
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:01 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it on the spill list
____________________
I'm Ivan Dobski the Meatsafe Murderer only I never done it, I only said that I done it so they'd take the truncheon out of my bottom
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:06 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icey wrote:
I'd done 250+


ENVY Evil or Very Mad Laughing
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lawnie
Nearly there...



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:48 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a small dent in my tank as well (not my fault), so you're not the only one!

It doesn't sound as if your bike is too badly damaged Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bomberman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:50 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted. Shitty feeling when you bend your bike eh Crying or Very sad Doesn't sound too bad though.
____________________
'Allo! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
'89 TZR 125 - '94 GPZ500s - ZK3 GSXR600 Alstare Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, at least you're OK dude Thumbs Up

(going to mitp?)
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not too bad, just gutting tbh.

James - Nah probably not - CBA with minis and that atm Neutral
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:48 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your sausage finger gets better, what ever that is Razz

Nah take care, let it heal, then get back on the bike. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Lawnie
Nearly there...



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:49 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did this happen?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposite Waggon & Horse - Beckhampton, Marlborough.

Sausage finger looks nearly dead - black and purple and blue. Yummy.
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cillit-BANG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sausage finger looks nearly dead - black and purple and blue. Yummy.


Can we please get some clarification here. It reads like your cock's about to drop off. Confused

What is a sausage finger? To be honest all fingers look like sausages so it can only be some thing else?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

macca
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 30 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: My First Off .... Reply with quote

Icey wrote:
Icey @ 20.23 wrote:
Ouch - You'll have to excuse me, I'm still in shock.

Basically my bike was running out of fuel - so I went to pull over in a layby to have a rest and put myself on to reserve, I wasn't too far away, I must have come too fast into the layby which was a sh*te mix of hard concerete and gravel, I lost it and the bike fell on it's side with me on it, I was so shocked and dazed that I couldn't move - I was so lucky that the car that was behind me saw me and turned around a pulled over and helped me pick the bike up and sit with me - and also lent me the use of there phone - as I'd left the house without mine.

I now feel extremely sad, and to be honest I was more worried about my bike & leathers than myself. I'm off to A&E in a minute as I have an extremely painful sausage finger. Apart from that just a few bumps bruises and aches.

Bike is bumped Sad Dent in the tank - smooshed left hand indicator and lots of scuffs down the left hand side cry My poor Mork.

The hardest bit was riding home with just one finger on my right hand, but I didnt want to leave my bike, I don't really know how I managed to get home as I feel numb and sore, but I did.

Big Thank you to the family that stopped - if it wasn't for them I'd still be laying on the layby sobbing my heart out.

Oh, and it was opposite a pub - and guess what - they all stared out the window and no f*cker came and helped.

Icey


Icey @ 23.53 wrote:
Well - I've just come back from RUH, as Chippenham X-ray was broken (joy).

I have broked my finger - and I will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. Was wicked bad x-ray.

What an eventful evening, I'm now very hungry - and still very sore.

Ho hum.



Would have taken me ages to re-write - so just copied n pasted - sorry.



You wernt the only one to have a fall yesterday Wink

I came off on a roundabout Sad

No damage done though
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.46 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.88 Kb