Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Failed my test!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

treesey200
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:27 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Failed my test! Reply with quote

Sad Hi all well i failed my test yesterday gutted!!

am going to go in for my re- test as soon as I can but can not get a re-test date for several weeks as its all booked up.

I would not mind doing my next test closer to home (St Helens, Merseyside) as i did my DAS and test in rhyl on a mini break holiday.

Does anyone no of any training centres that I can go to. I dont need to do the DAS again I would like to have just the bike hire, test and a couple of hours training before it.


Helen
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Responsible Biker
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:13 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this - but take heart, I failed twice...and the second time was just for leaving my left indicator on, once, past a left hand junction I wasn't taking. Mad Embarassed

It just makes passing all the sweeter when it happens. God luck for the next one.
____________________
Just a signature...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teamcalibra
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 07 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me. Failed and was gutted on the 5th July. Got a cancellation on the 26th July and passed. No additional lessons needed.

You'll do it Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck on the test treesey - I'm sure you'll get thru next time
GOOD LUCK
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob-B
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 21 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky Helen, hope you pass next time Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's a test centre in Runcorn, and you could try Glynn at Safebiker https://www.safebiker.co.uk/index.html for a refresher lesson or two and bike hire.

Bit further out, here in Warrington I can strongly recommend Graingers but I'm not sure if they do single lessons or bike hire, you might have to pay for the entire course - although you could take their shortest cheapest course and they also offer a guaranteed pass scheme just in case! https://www.grainger-som.piczo.com/?cr=1&rfm=y You can always ring Malcolm and ask.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, bad luck on failing, Helen.

If it's any consolation, I failed my test the first time too. I'm an old bloke and never thought I'd ever pass a motorbike test at my age. But, I did - on my second attempt Thumbs Up

So, I wish you the very best of luck for your next test Thumbs Up
____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zenith10
Nova Slayer



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sorry to hear that you failed. but now you have experience of what its about so next time you'l pass it with ease
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Old Geeza
Back in my day...



Joined: 25 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 05 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of interest, Helen, what did you fail on ?
____________________
Horse Power was safer when the Horses had it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Old Geeza wrote:
Oh, bad luck on failing, Helen.

If it's any consolation, I failed my test the first time too. I'm an old bloke and never thought I'd ever pass a motorbike test at my age. But, I did - on my second attempt Thumbs Up

So, I wish you the very best of luck for your next test Thumbs Up


FFS old fella you're not that much older than me! And you're a damn sight younger than Bazza! Get a grip........ Razz

ps helen I only passed on my 3rd attempt...........
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Groove
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:22 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better luck next time! Thumbs Up

Just how old are you TOG?
____________________
|| Past: 1991 Kawasaki ZXR 250 ~ 2003 Honda CBR 600 F Sport ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1999 Yamaha R1 ~ 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R J ~ 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H 636 ~ 1998 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm ~ K1 GSXR 600 Track bike ~ K6 GSXR 1000 ~ 2006 Speed Triple 1050 || Current: 2005 R1 https://www.adrucore.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failing sucks, I passed 2nd time Embarassed Wink

Good luck Thumbs Up
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

magpiemale
Traffic Copper



Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:12 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi helen sorry to hear about the failure I have put a post up in the general page about this (well kinda) I failed mine on the first attempt but don't worry as my instructor said up to 67% fail first time but second time is better % odds. you cannot do a retest i believe for 10-12 working days after the failure but you can take your test anywhere i took my 1st one in kettering then second one in northampton the company I used did that as some test centres can get booked up real long.I would practice what you failed on by your self and then go to a training school too but they might wanna see you ride 1st to decide upon the next course of action as they dont want you to wast money by putting you in for your test when you may need more tuition than you think and they need a pass rate to for other students so it works both ways best wishes for the 2nd test..
magpiemale
p.s the second retest with 3-4 hours training,hire of bike was £165 for me
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

no_shad
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 07 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I failed my first test too. Cool

The retest cost me £120. Surprised
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

treesey200
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:23 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the supportive messages folks!!
well i have managed to organise a re-test on the 25th august at rhyl again so fingers crossed will be 2nd time lucky for me!

Helen
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.76 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 86.66 Kb