 V4 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 10 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:24 - 08 Aug 2006 Post subject: SRAD GSXR STARTING PROBLEM |
 |
|
Since I've put my new engine in (using my old starter motor)
When I turn the ignition on you get the usual electrical sound of the fuel injection etc, but when you hit the starter button theres delay, sometimes up to 10 seconds +, it always starts eventually, and is fine when warm or been running, but it shouldn't be like this
I'm using my old starter motor as he new engine didn't come with 1 (mine never missed a beat)
I was careful wen putting the new lump in,could it be sidestand switch? Any sort of connection? I'm lost the batterys fine and when the starter motor does kick in it turns over as fast as you'd expect it to and has no starting problems, its just the delay between pressing the button & engine turning over.
Any help appreciated, cheers
Leon |
|
 finpos World Chat Champion
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:32 - 08 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think you will be in a world of hurt with this one, there is possibly one or more interlocks on the bike to prevent you from trying to start it until the fuel injection system is ready (e.g. fuel pump has got everything up to pressure). If you can find an online wiring diagram I'll try to figure it out for you. But I suspect it's mighty complicated
finpos. |
|
 V4 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 10 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:11 - 08 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ah bollox
Anyone with similar experiences?
I take it the injection system has to fully turn itself on before you start? I always wait anyway. I'll flick through the haynes and have a look.
Leon |
|
 V4 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 10 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 08 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can't find any at the moment, even on the huge post on this site, there's every gsxr out there except mine (1998) I can't use the the 600 as thats identical except for the bloody fuel injection! And the 2000 gsxr is probably different too, any ideas?
Leon |
|