Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


SRAD GSXR STARTING PROBLEM

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

V4
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 08 Aug 2006    Post subject: SRAD GSXR STARTING PROBLEM Reply with quote

Since I've put my new engine in (using my old starter motor)
When I turn the ignition on you get the usual electrical sound of the fuel injection etc, but when you hit the starter button theres delay, sometimes up to 10 seconds +, it always starts eventually, and is fine when warm or been running, but it shouldn't be like this

I'm using my old starter motor as he new engine didn't come with 1 (mine never missed a beat)

I was careful wen putting the new lump in,could it be sidestand switch? Any sort of connection? I'm lost Sad the batterys fine and when the starter motor does kick in it turns over as fast as you'd expect it to and has no starting problems, its just the delay between pressing the button & engine turning over.

Any help appreciated, cheers

Leon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

finpos
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 08 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will be in a world of hurt with this one, there is possibly one or more interlocks on the bike to prevent you from trying to start it until the fuel injection system is ready (e.g. fuel pump has got everything up to pressure). If you can find an online wiring diagram I'll try to figure it out for you. But I suspect it's mighty complicated Sad

finpos.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

V4
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 08 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah bollox Crying or Very sad

Anyone with similar experiences?

I take it the injection system has to fully turn itself on before you start? I always wait anyway. I'll flick through the haynes and have a look.

Leon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

V4
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 08 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any at the moment, even on the huge post on this site, there's every gsxr out there except mine (1998) I can't use the the 600 as thats identical except for the bloody fuel injection! And the 2000 gsxr is probably different too, any ideas? Crying or Very sad

Leon
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 60 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 39.14 Kb