Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sherburn in Elmett - first bike cafe visit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Cazza
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:07 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Sherburn in Elmett - first bike cafe visit Reply with quote

Hey, I went on my first ride out with bikers other than my bloke last night. We went to Squires at Sherburn in Elmett - bikes everywhere, I couldn't believe it! Sorry no pics.

Little bit nerve racking for me on my L plates and like a total Div I had to stall it Embarassed not that anyone looked twice, thanks Very Happy

Must've been a bit boring for the others with me on their big bikes but I was thrashing t*ts off mine all the way down the A64 (yep definitely time to get rid of the little CBR125 and move onwards) and they stuck by me fine.

Just thought I'd share my first "proper" bike experience with you guys, maybe I won't feel like such a noob next time Smile
____________________
We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities Surprised
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marci
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way I see it, better to turn up on yer own bike with L's than turn up pillion... didn't get up there meself last night unfortunately...

Been to loadsa bike events n' suchlike with L's - NEVER been given any stick about it from anyone... this paranoia everyone has about riding with L-plates is a bit unwarranted these days. Most of the bikers at places like Squires seem to me to be from the more "mature" end of the mental-age range... only seems to be the young oiks who think passing their test is some big thing to laud over other L-platers.
____________________
FAB-Racing MiniMotoSidecars - Back with a vengeance - F1 Class 2011...
CBR170 engine, custom chassis - www.minimotoscene.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Cazza
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:50 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, it's not the L plates that I'm bothered about; evryone starts somewhere and I aren't embarrassed of that.
It's just that it was my first experience of hundreds of bikes packed into a space and my slight lack of control still in small spaces. When I screwed up a bit getting ready to park (stalling it) no-one batted an eye lid but then I don't think I'd expect them to; like you say, maybe young 'uns might have a giggle but I aren't arsed what idiots like that think anyways.
I say I want to get rid of the L's but I actually mean I want a bigger bike! Twisted Evil
____________________
We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities Surprised
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

doz125
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: . Reply with quote

hiya,

what ya talkin about.. i was there too, on L's!! Shifty lol
my RS looked a tad outta place stood nex to a few r1's!
did you hear that 1960/70's gp bike fire up? all i can say is Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cazza
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just saying it was my first time there and it's a bit of an experience. I was just a little shell shocked from all the bikes and the revving and watching peeps wheelie as they left up the road; I didn't see or hear any one bike in particular!
Just seen guy from work who was riding with us - he said I looked funny wrapped aorund the tank with my head down under bubble just trying to get over 70! Poor lickle bike.
____________________
We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities Surprised
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sagalout
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I was at Squires last night too. I think I might have seen you leave - at least I saw a red/black CBR 125 which turned left out of the car park? We were sat right by the entrance so had a good view of all the bikes coming in and out.

First time I've been on a wednesday night - mate I went with said it was a pretty quiet night! Cant fault the coffee or pasties though Smile

Also agree about the very friendly atnosphere too - doesnt matter what you ride, from scooter to R1 to Harley to Gold Wing - everyone fits in Smile

Heres a pic I took on my camera phone - quite late on though as it started to quiten down a fair bit

https://static.flickr.com/84/212068208_1d8c7421df.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:22 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get down there a fair bit too, not so much these days but normally try too.

I used to feel daunted by the whole experiance but to be honest most people dont care what you ride more the fact you ride in the first place.

I have a silver ZX6R incase you see me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:53 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was there tonight, with my mate on his Ls too, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you ever want to meet up at Squires get yourself in the Northern section, we meet up there all the time so you are more than welcome to come along. I used to go along on my 50cc with Ls so you shouldn't feel like a plank, I didn't care what they all thought of me.

Thumbs Up Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DJ Big D
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it near Leeds? If so I might have to get a few of the 'L's down Embarassed with me
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sagalout
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not far from Leeds at all really.

https://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/html/map.html
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DJ Big D
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 11 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:41 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, i'll have to pop along Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phk6
Nearly there...



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was there yesterday day time from about 12 till 1 wasnt meny there to be honest
____________________
Current .. 2008 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure ..
Before .. 2003 Yamaha Fazer 1000 .. 2004 Kawazaki Z1000 .. 2003 Suzuki Sv1000s .. 1999 zx6r Track Bike .. 1999 CB 500 Cup ..
/Phil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

sagalout
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess most people are at work on friday afternoons.

Best days are wednesday evenings and sundays.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Bloke on the Right of the Pic' turn up on that Scooter.....
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

XS1954
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 22 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be going there on Wednesday if it doesn't piss it down.
____________________
You're a cock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.36 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 84.62 Kb