|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Cazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cazza Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 04 May 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:07 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: Sherburn in Elmett - first bike cafe visit |
 |
|
Hey, I went on my first ride out with bikers other than my bloke last night. We went to Squires at Sherburn in Elmett - bikes everywhere, I couldn't believe it! Sorry no pics.
Little bit nerve racking for me on my L plates and like a total Div I had to stall it not that anyone looked twice, thanks
Must've been a bit boring for the others with me on their big bikes but I was thrashing t*ts off mine all the way down the A64 (yep definitely time to get rid of the little CBR125 and move onwards) and they stuck by me fine.
Just thought I'd share my first "proper" bike experience with you guys, maybe I won't feel like such a noob next time  ____________________ We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marci |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marci Brolly Dolly

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:35 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Way I see it, better to turn up on yer own bike with L's than turn up pillion... didn't get up there meself last night unfortunately...
Been to loadsa bike events n' suchlike with L's - NEVER been given any stick about it from anyone... this paranoia everyone has about riding with L-plates is a bit unwarranted these days. Most of the bikers at places like Squires seem to me to be from the more "mature" end of the mental-age range... only seems to be the young oiks who think passing their test is some big thing to laud over other L-platers. ____________________ FAB-Racing MiniMotoSidecars - Back with a vengeance - F1 Class 2011...
CBR170 engine, custom chassis - www.minimotoscene.co.uk |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cazza Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 04 May 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:50 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
To be honest, it's not the L plates that I'm bothered about; evryone starts somewhere and I aren't embarrassed of that.
It's just that it was my first experience of hundreds of bikes packed into a space and my slight lack of control still in small spaces. When I screwed up a bit getting ready to park (stalling it) no-one batted an eye lid but then I don't think I'd expect them to; like you say, maybe young 'uns might have a giggle but I aren't arsed what idiots like that think anyways.
I say I want to get rid of the L's but I actually mean I want a bigger bike!  ____________________ We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| doz125 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 doz125 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 13:26 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: . |
 |
|
hiya,
what ya talkin about.. i was there too, on L's!! lol
my RS looked a tad outta place stood nex to a few r1's!
did you hear that 1960/70's gp bike fire up? all i can say is  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cazza Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 04 May 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:16 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was just saying it was my first time there and it's a bit of an experience. I was just a little shell shocked from all the bikes and the revving and watching peeps wheelie as they left up the road; I didn't see or hear any one bike in particular!
Just seen guy from work who was riding with us - he said I looked funny wrapped aorund the tank with my head down under bubble just trying to get over 70! Poor lickle bike. ____________________ We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sagalout |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sagalout Nearly there...

Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:49 - 10 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi, I was at Squires last night too. I think I might have seen you leave - at least I saw a red/black CBR 125 which turned left out of the car park? We were sat right by the entrance so had a good view of all the bikes coming in and out.
First time I've been on a wednesday night - mate I went with said it was a pretty quiet night! Cant fault the coffee or pasties though
Also agree about the very friendly atnosphere too - doesnt matter what you ride, from scooter to R1 to Harley to Gold Wing - everyone fits in
Heres a pic I took on my camera phone - quite late on though as it started to quiten down a fair bit
https://static.flickr.com/84/212068208_1d8c7421df.jpg |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 03:53 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi,
I was there tonight, with my mate on his Ls too, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you ever want to meet up at Squires get yourself in the Northern section, we meet up there all the time so you are more than welcome to come along. I used to go along on my 50cc with Ls so you shouldn't feel like a plank, I didn't care what they all thought of me.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DJ Big D |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DJ Big D Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 11 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:00 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Is it near Leeds? If so I might have to get a few of the 'L's down with me |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sagalout |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sagalout Nearly there...

Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:43 - 11 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DJ Big D |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DJ Big D Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 11 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:41 - 12 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
great, i'll have to pop along  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phk6 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phk6 Nearly there...
Joined: 24 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sagalout |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sagalout Nearly there...

Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| XS1954 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 XS1954 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 22 Nov 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|