|
|
| Author |
Message |
| RickHolt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RickHolt Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:22 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: Single Mums |
 |
|
There's a program on channel 4 now, looks like it's worth watching. I think they're trying to show how badly off the young single mums are, doing a terrible job of it though.
I can't believe how much they get. If you watch it, look at what they're wearing, they smoke, eat brand name food and ignore the kids. Then complain about not having money.
They're just opening xmas presents now. It's unbelievable.
I'm trying my best to get money together for a house now, I want kids but it's in the distant future. I need to learn about benefits
Rick. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:27 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Life sucks unless you know how to play the system. ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:28 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
My Mate is a single mum and has more money than i do, and i dont have kids. You get a free house if you have them and your single.
Her house is fantastic looking and she gets cloths everyweek and great shopping, just not fair. Will have to pop out a few to get that.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:17 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Louise sorry if i offended there, i was thinking of the young mums on the dole etc baby making machines etc.
some of them arnt even single and get houses from housing benifit and claim to be single.
good going girl if you are out there earning and doing it right, i wont have kids until i am ready not simply to get a house as i know some would.
Your one of few Louise  ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RickHolt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RickHolt Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its ok guys, None offended me at all but just wanted to say Im a good one
In respect to the money from the dads. Yup I do claim that, takes two to tango and so they should help.
We came to an agreement to pay 'X' ammount each month as I didnt want to go through the CSA. This never happened so I got them involved.
It just pisses me off that I try my hardest to get him to see Josh, and he never.
Some men are right bastards! hehe. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RickHolt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RickHolt Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Mar 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:36 - 14 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Heh I'm sat here with my ASDAs own tortilla chips and dip. 20% of the price of the brand names, exactly the same thing. I know what you mean
When you work for the money, you're more reluctant to spend it. They said on the program that they had £20 a week left after food, bills etc. I'd say that's not too bad for someone that doesn't work at all. I don't know if they classed cigs under the bills/food list.
I don't think I spend much more than that in a normal week right now.
Rick. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Spiral |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Spiral Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:02 - 15 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| dragonfly wrote: | Do single mums really get alot a week? like how much? because i remeber i could not go out on the lash/pay rent/.food.bills etc and yet my mate could and looks really well. Never had the bnerve to ask how much she got but i assum alot. New sofa from land of leather and a brand new dining table was a bit sus. Unless there is something i dont know:think: |
Well as someone who chose to be a single mum on the dole for 5 years when her partner left her 6 months into the pregnancy I can tell you thet they certainly didn't use to, things may have changed now though.
Yeah, I got a "free" house. It was a council house in a shit area that was falling down when I lived there (the whole estate has since been flattened) but at the same time it was mine, so I spent time on trying to make it a decent place for me and my son to live and I got a fuckin big dog after the 3rd attempted break-in. I got a "grant" when I moved in to furnish and decorate it, it was £100. Thank god for charity shops huh?
I got enough money off the government to live on, just about. I know people who were in the same boat as me who couldn't live on what they got and landed up in all sorts of trouble, I also know others who managed very well and were even able to save a bit, and have stuff like holidays.
Me, I just used to get the free bus or walk to our local shopping centre (with the baby in his pram) and sit there with my library book when I had no money left to feed the meter and my house was too cold to sit in. I got used to the days the local shops did their reducing so I could try to feed my son good, nutritious food at a reasonable price. Sod brand names, but once he was on solids he always had his meat and two veg! I got used to buying my clothes from charity shops so I could afford to buy new stuff for my son, and I also got into a "chain" of friends where good clothes could be passed along to our kids of varying sizes. I got used to relying on mates to pay if I wanted a night out, and generally repaid them with a good meal, a party or some other favour of a similar vein. I have never smoked so at least that wasn't a problem!
Once my son was at school I went out job-hunting, and I got my arse into gear and got our lives into some kind of order. By the time he started high school I had bought my first house (by myself) and was seeing (although not living with) my current partner.
So programmes like that, and comments like Dragonflys, really piss me off. Yeah sure there are single mums out there who are milking the system for all they are worth but that doesn't mean all single mums are dole spongers who continue to push out the next generation of scroungers and shitheads. Most of us just got our heads down and got on with it to get ourselves out of a situation that was not necessarily what we wanted but that we had to deal with the best we could. ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| anders |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 anders Banned
Joined: 17 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:00 - 15 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok, my sister is a single mum.
She has most of her rent paid - but she still has to contribute as much as she can.
She is "given" £200 a fortnight - so £100 a week. She does work, but due to it being school holidays currently isn't. She can only work 18 hours per week to ensure that her tax credits aren't reduced.
When she was working 21 hours per week (school hours) she received nothing. She was actually paying more for nursery care for her son than she was earning.
My sister knows the system and uses it to get as much as she can - and yet it's still tough. It only takes one administrative error at the Council to change a famaly's life. She was recently visited by the Council's bailiffs because she owed Council Tax backpay - they threatened to take everything she owned and yet she is not meant to pay council tax... ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jesus_Christ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jesus_Christ Spanner Monkey

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:20 - 15 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I should probably add that my sister has two children of her own and another whom she has taken legal responsibility for.
Her primary concern is that the children are fed properly and have what they need for school.
When I have spoken to her she pointed out that a lot of single Mums are very young and don't have the knowledge how to feed their children cheaply. Many children eat ready-meals and junk food because their mum doesn't know how to cook.
Her weekly budget works something like this:
£200 from Council for her rent (which is £250) so she contributes £50 towards rent.
£180 work tax, £90 of which is spent on nursary bills
That leaves £90 a week to feed three growing children and one adult. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:12 - 15 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jesus_Christ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jesus_Christ Spanner Monkey

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonboy22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonboy22 Crazy Courier

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:31 - 15 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
BAH
thought this might be one of those lonely heart club post,
"Lonely single milf looking for pent up sexually frustrated male to go at it like a jackhammer, must enjoy the kama sutra"......
sigh....... ____________________ current bike: GSX-R 750 K6 stolen, found the next day in a van in Durham, returned to me 3 months later costing me my NCB and my excess...
last bike: GSXx-R 600 K4 - written off, now converting to track bike  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jesus_Christ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jesus_Christ Spanner Monkey

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonboy22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonboy22 Crazy Courier

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 15 Aug 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I only go for the up market ones,
So B'King, velour trackies, Addidas Visor and the lastest range of bling from Elizabeth Duke........don't you know what what.. ____________________ current bike: GSX-R 750 K6 stolen, found the next day in a van in Durham, returned to me 3 months later costing me my NCB and my excess...
last bike: GSXx-R 600 K4 - written off, now converting to track bike  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sadie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sadie World Chat Champion

Joined: 14 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|