Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Flights to Glasgow

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Dear Auntie BCF... by G (3 Sep 2006 - 11:44)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MementoMori
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:09 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Flights to Glasgow Reply with quote

I did a thread about getting flights ages ago but half my threads have disappeared probably because they were gay.

Anyway, my BF's going Uni in Glasgow and I don't leave for NZ 'till the end of October so I'm gonna be flying up to see him.

But I've never taken a flight before by myself and I don't know what to do. Neutral

I'm gonna be using FlyBe, is that good or bad?

So how do you get from booking (probably online) to sitting on the plane?

Is it complicated or am I just stupid?

Hope you can help, and thanks in advance.
____________________
The tiger who came for a pint
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must stop meeting like this!

I've flown to Glasgow Prestwick before, which is a bit out of the way compared with the city airport, but the principles are the same.

Most of the budget airlines simply give you a confirmation screen or email to print out, with a booking number on it. Swagger up to the checking-in desk with that and your passport, and they'll give you your boarding pass and check in your hold luggage. All that remains is to go through security with your hand luggage (remembering to avoid looking like you are a crazed muslim fundamentalist - facial hair is a no-no) and wait near the correct gate for your flight. (which will almost certainly be delayed!)


Easy Peasey! Just make sure you don't fall foul of any strange security rules they may have in place there.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mayfair
Traffic Copper



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every month my son fly's with bmi baby,from glasgow airport to east midlands airport and back(college).

Have a look at bmibaby.com.

I book online as said above,he takes his drivers licence and copy of email with booking number on it.

hope this helps Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

glasgow city airport is easy to get to and from
there is a bus service every 15 minutes from outside the arrivals
that takes 20 mins to get you to the city center and very close to the Uni its self
you go to buchanan street bus station and I think you can acctually see the Uni building from there

I have never flown flybe but they look Ok
booking is easy Esp online just pick the flight and time
give them your name etc and your flexible friend's number
print off the details from there or from the confirmation E mail
turn up at the airport (a few hours early these days) pick up your ticket
and your done

you can look at Easy bucket (easyjet.com) for cheap flights into Glasgow City airport
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near Glasgow give me a call when you get to Glasgow International (GLA)

Twisted Evil
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MementoMori
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo eck... alright then haha.

Thanks for all the info. Strangely, only FlyBe does flights from Birmingham to Glasgow but they should be OK.

So yeah I think I'm pretty much sorted now if I just manage to get to the right check-in desk thingy.

Thankyou!
____________________
The tiger who came for a pint
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.08 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 49.85 Kb