Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Do people buy clothes off ebay?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Do people buy clothes off ebay? Reply with quote

I'm clearing out some of the Idle Son's stuff tonight, and he's left behind a load of old clothes that I was going to bag up and take to the Oxfam shop.

However, when I'm going through it there is some good stuff in there, not really worn, things like fcuk tops, lots of skater gear, quicksilver, etnies that kind of thing.

So I'm thinking maybe ebay them, nothing to lose except the fees right, which on a t-shirt selling for a couple of quid isn't going to be much.

Reckon there's at least 20-25 items, so even if they go for 99p plus postage I'm going to make a bit of cash. But will they sell? Can't decide if it's worth the effort of taking photos, ironing etc.
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blackrhythms
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, it's possible they'll sell - clothes do seem to go - especially if it's good named stuff! I've bought a couple of items myself, but they were brand new! Generally, the better you describe and show them, the better your chances of selling them! You never know til you try! Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pte1643
Nearly there...



Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought some items off there.

Pair of Duffer St George jeans spring to mind.

Got them for a fiver, they are in stunning condition even though they are not brand new.

Still washed them 4 times before I dared wear them though. Thumbs Up

Other clothing items I've bought have all been BNWT.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KTM Gordo
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've bought a couple of things off eBay - including some 'bike kit (albeit by mistake)

Every little helps - even if it only makes a few quid, it'll clear your house and pay for some fuel for the 'bike Smile

HTH Smile
____________________
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

KTM 990 Adventure | KTM EXC 250 Racing | Land Rover Freelander SE Td4
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

People do buy second hand clothes off ebay yer!

I buy/will buy brand new with tag stuff from there, but wouldn't personally touch anything that's been worn / second hand.. but there are loads of people who do..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

john2
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they are clean/no stains. And also have a nice picture of them looking clean. Also if you say there from a non smoking home (if they are) then that will help.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:00 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad sells clothes on ebay profits are good.

People definately buy.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, most of the good lady wife's sales (1100+) have been clothes.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to buy clothes off of Ebay, but most just didnt fit. Either seller discribed them wrong, or a size 14, wasnt a size 14, was a 12!
So I gave up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:39 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some friends missuses sell baby clothes on ebay with good success.

I personally would only buy BNWT stuff, unless it was a REALLY good offer.

Ive bought shirts and stuff (really bad hawaiian ones, as bad as I could find) but doubt if I would buy some blokes T-shirt, worn only once or some shit.

If you look through the listings though there are plenty of people who do it all the time do there must be some success in it Thumbs Up
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothes sell a hell of a lot better than most other stuff, in mine and my girlfriend's experience.

She seems to have bought more than she sold though, so beware!! Wink
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:20 - 22 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will buy anything on ebay....
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-Extremely-Used-Dark-Blue-Sheer-Nylon-Socks_W0QQitemZ260033760725QQihZ016QQcategoryZ116726QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mal
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:16 - 22 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought clothes, mostly new but some second hand, as well as shoes and some bike stuff (as new leather bike jacket for £75 inc postage!).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

queen of string
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 22 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought loads of stuff especially nice labels and special occassion stuff that's only been worn once. I'd give it a whirl.
____________________
"Eat food, not edible, food-like items. Mostly plants."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 22 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I want to spend £90 in High and Mighty, or search for an hour for the one horrible pair of size 14s they have in TK Maxx (they only had a pair of Nike running shoes yesterday) Rolling Eyes I have no option other than to use the internet, normally eBay. The 2nd last pair of shoes I bought were some Caterpillars off eBay. They were used but looked in pretty perfect condition, the label inside the sole wasn't worn or anything, so I figured I didn't have much to lose. They cost £20, lasted through 2 festivals and day-in-day-out wearing for over 18 months, and they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. I'm still trying to find another pair the same as them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.49 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 84.38 Kb