|
|
| Author |
Message |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:03 - 21 Sep 2006 Post subject: Do people buy clothes off ebay? |
 |
|
I'm clearing out some of the Idle Son's stuff tonight, and he's left behind a load of old clothes that I was going to bag up and take to the Oxfam shop.
However, when I'm going through it there is some good stuff in there, not really worn, things like fcuk tops, lots of skater gear, quicksilver, etnies that kind of thing.
So I'm thinking maybe ebay them, nothing to lose except the fees right, which on a t-shirt selling for a couple of quid isn't going to be much.
Reckon there's at least 20-25 items, so even if they go for 99p plus postage I'm going to make a bit of cash. But will they sell? Can't decide if it's worth the effort of taking photos, ironing etc. ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blackrhythms |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blackrhythms Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:15 - 21 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi, it's possible they'll sell - clothes do seem to go - especially if it's good named stuff! I've bought a couple of items myself, but they were brand new! Generally, the better you describe and show them, the better your chances of selling them! You never know til you try!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pte1643 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pte1643 Nearly there...

Joined: 07 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:23 - 21 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've bought some items off there.
Pair of Duffer St George jeans spring to mind.
Got them for a fiver, they are in stunning condition even though they are not brand new.
Still washed them 4 times before I dared wear them though.
Other clothing items I've bought have all been BNWT. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KTM Gordo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KTM Gordo Brolly Dolly

Joined: 19 Sep 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:29 - 21 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes, I've bought a couple of things off eBay - including some 'bike kit (albeit by mistake)
Every little helps - even if it only makes a few quid, it'll clear your house and pay for some fuel for the 'bike
HTH  ____________________ Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.
KTM 990 Adventure | KTM EXC 250 Racing | Land Rover Freelander SE Td4 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| john2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 john2 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:39 - 21 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Some friends missuses sell baby clothes on ebay with good success.
I personally would only buy BNWT stuff, unless it was a REALLY good offer.
Ive bought shirts and stuff (really bad hawaiian ones, as bad as I could find) but doubt if I would buy some blokes T-shirt, worn only once or some shit.
If you look through the listings though there are plenty of people who do it all the time do there must be some success in it  ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carvell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carvell Scuttler

Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:40 - 21 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Clothes sell a hell of a lot better than most other stuff, in mine and my girlfriend's experience.
She seems to have bought more than she sold though, so beware!!  ____________________ Yamaha TDM 850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| owdamer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 owdamer World Chat Champion
Joined: 06 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:20 - 22 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mal Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| queen of string |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 queen of string World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:55 - 22 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Unless I want to spend £90 in High and Mighty, or search for an hour for the one horrible pair of size 14s they have in TK Maxx (they only had a pair of Nike running shoes yesterday) I have no option other than to use the internet, normally eBay. The 2nd last pair of shoes I bought were some Caterpillars off eBay. They were used but looked in pretty perfect condition, the label inside the sole wasn't worn or anything, so I figured I didn't have much to lose. They cost £20, lasted through 2 festivals and day-in-day-out wearing for over 18 months, and they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. I'm still trying to find another pair the same as them. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|