|
|
| Author |
Message |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:23 - 29 Sep 2006 Post subject: Never before have I been this enraged. |
 |
|
I went out at the weekend, and bought my car a brand new set of alloys, the old ones had shitty aftermarket locking nuts in with only 1 cavity. They had to be drilled, and were none too special anyway (the alloys)
I spent my entire months wages on a new set, that when coupled with the garage's fee for drilling the wheels and fitting the new ones.
A coolant pump, a cam belt, and a power steering belt, has totally crippled me in terms of money for a good while.
Worth it, until now.
I decided to go legit and declare the mod, on the phone to direct line, I wait for nearly half an hour for an answer, to be asked the usual bollocks, then put on hold, about 2 minutes later, the bloke picks up again. "I am sorry sir but the minimum age for modification of a vehicle is 25 I cannot go through with this."
"Come again?"
"All you can do is add someone over this age to the policy as the main driver and yourself as named, or remove them".
"Goodbye, thank you."
Phone leaves hands, calmly, into the base.
I leave room, probably purple in the face totally fuming.
I now cannot drive my FUCKING motor, I don't have the original wheels (It came with aftermarket alloys). I can't buy rover wheels, i can't do SHIT.
I cant add anybody, no money.
I cant do SHIT.
I cant go to work, I have no car and the bike is not an option not feeling like explaining why.
I cant earn much money like this.
I truly am beside myself with rage, look there I am over there, in the corner with eyes the size of footballs.
Can anyone think of something I can do?
I am not asking for neither do I want personal help.
I want to move ahead alone, will be good life skills aahahaha.
Some advice would go down a treat though.
I think this is nearly catch 22, fucking ones self in the arse with no conceivable escape.
I AM PEEVED BEYOND HOW I THOUGHT POSSIBLE.
Direct line, can kindly kneel down, and receive my load down their throats.
Pay for fully comp, at my age, and for what. So you can't drive?
BOLLOCKS.
 ____________________ "Do what you always did, get what you always got" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| palmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 palmer Fiddled Kiddy

Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:36 - 29 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you are that pissed off, then ring them up and tell them to stick it up their arse find an insurer that won't be so pathetic about a set of wheels. ____________________ NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:14 - 29 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
You can get insurance on ANYTHING if you go to the right place (sometimes for a price mind).
A friend of the family had a life insurance policy through Lloyds of London when he was out working in Afghanistan (sub-contracting for the UN before the current trouble) training the Mujahadin to clear minefields by hand. Premium was £45 per day mind.
Try getting a quote from a specialist insurer like Footman James. Several mates with outrageous chops and highly modified cars use them, the premium is sometimes surprisingly low. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Black Knight |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Black Knight World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:38 - 29 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I really do not wish to change insurance, I might be able to get my grandad who owns the car, to go back on as main driver, and name me, the fact that I will be the only one that drives it is irrelevent as otherwise cannot be proven.
I am 17 years old, they quoted me 1300 fully comp on a R reg 98 Rover 214i 16v.
Which is why I am still a customer.
Anyone else may accept the alloys, but will charge more money than this without the slightest shadow of doubt.
Plus I have 11 new pence to my name until the 15th of October.
Out of interest I phoned them again to ask if I could pay more on the policy to allow the wheels, they said no.
Siggi speaks the truth, mindless scum and vermin
Fucking RBS ownership. ____________________ "Do what you always did, get what you always got" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T1z3R |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T1z3R World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T1z3R |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T1z3R World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:48 - 29 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
jesus
i only ask cos i never had a 16v anything when i was your age but i never paid any more that £600 for insurance...was always wee 1.1 205s etc. ____________________ duck my sick! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blackrhythms |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blackrhythms Scooby Slapper

Joined: 18 Sep 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 29 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm sorry, but that's bloody ridiculous!!! So just because you fit new, and presumably better, alloys to your car, they won't insure you??!! I don't get it, I really don't - it makes no sense to me at all!!! Effin insurance companies!!  ____________________
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Drew |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Drew Banned
Joined: 09 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Drew |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Drew Banned
Joined: 09 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Yoshi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Yoshi Traffic Copper

Joined: 05 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|