Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Never before have I been this enraged.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Never before have I been this enraged. Reply with quote

I went out at the weekend, and bought my car a brand new set of alloys, the old ones had shitty aftermarket locking nuts in with only 1 cavity. They had to be drilled, and were none too special anyway (the alloys)

I spent my entire months wages on a new set, that when coupled with the garage's fee for drilling the wheels and fitting the new ones.
A coolant pump, a cam belt, and a power steering belt, has totally crippled me in terms of money for a good while.

Worth it, until now.

I decided to go legit and declare the mod, on the phone to direct line, I wait for nearly half an hour for an answer, to be asked the usual bollocks, then put on hold, about 2 minutes later, the bloke picks up again. "I am sorry sir but the minimum age for modification of a vehicle is 25 I cannot go through with this."

"Come again?"

"All you can do is add someone over this age to the policy as the main driver and yourself as named, or remove them".

"Goodbye, thank you."

Phone leaves hands, calmly, into the base.

I leave room, probably purple in the face totally fuming.

I now cannot drive my FUCKING motor, I don't have the original wheels (It came with aftermarket alloys). I can't buy rover wheels, i can't do SHIT.
I cant add anybody, no money.
I cant do SHIT.
I cant go to work, I have no car and the bike is not an option not feeling like explaining why.
I cant earn much money like this.

I truly am beside myself with rage, look there I am over there, in the corner with eyes the size of footballs.

Can anyone think of something I can do?

I am not asking for neither do I want personal help.

I want to move ahead alone, will be good life skills aahahaha.

Some advice would go down a treat though.

I think this is nearly catch 22, fucking ones self in the arse with no conceivable escape.

I AM PEEVED BEYOND HOW I THOUGHT POSSIBLE.

Direct line, can kindly kneel down, and receive my load down their throats.

Pay for fully comp, at my age, and for what. So you can't drive?

BOLLOCKS.

Evil or Very Mad
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

palmer
Fiddled Kiddy



Joined: 21 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be 25 to put alloys onto a car? Thats bollocks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are that pissed off, then ring them up and tell them to stick it up their arse Smile find an insurer that won't be so pathetic about a set of wheels.
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change insurers. Cancel the policy and get a refund on the balance of the policy (they will charge you a fee because they are bastards like that) and go with someone else.

It is just that company who are refusing to cover you because they aren't prepared to take a risk. If they don't accommodate you, they don't deserve your business.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get insurance on ANYTHING if you go to the right place (sometimes for a price mind).

A friend of the family had a life insurance policy through Lloyds of London when he was out working in Afghanistan (sub-contracting for the UN before the current trouble) training the Mujahadin to clear minefields by hand. Premium was £45 per day mind.

Try getting a quote from a specialist insurer like Footman James. Several mates with outrageous chops and highly modified cars use them, the premium is sometimes surprisingly low.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mean time, how about some original steel wheels on ebay or similar?

Ok, you gotta spend a bit of money, but should be able to get some quite cheaply.

Got some for my laguna for £35 + £25. Though the company did mess me about then eventually sent me some better alloys because they had sold them elsewhere.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Black Knight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Direct line home insurance earlier this year. They refused two legitimate claims. Needless to say, I didn't renew.
____________________
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do not wish to change insurance, I might be able to get my grandad who owns the car, to go back on as main driver, and name me, the fact that I will be the only one that drives it is irrelevent as otherwise cannot be proven.

I am 17 years old, they quoted me 1300 fully comp on a R reg 98 Rover 214i 16v.

Which is why I am still a customer.

Anyone else may accept the alloys, but will charge more money than this without the slightest shadow of doubt.

Plus I have 11 new pence to my name until the 15th of October.

Out of interest I phoned them again to ask if I could pay more on the policy to allow the wheels, they said no.

Siggi speaks the truth, mindless scum and vermin Thumbs Up

Fucking RBS ownership.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:
I am 17 years old, they quoted me 1300 fully comp on a R reg 98 Rover 214i 16v.


is that good for your age? Shocked
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my age and area, and the fact it's a 16v 1400cc engine it would be lucky to get £2000 TPO normally, now i know why they are so cheap.

You learn something every day, and today I have learnt that direct line are COMPLETE bastards.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus Neutral

i only ask cos i never had a 16v anything when i was your age but i never paid any more that £600 for insurance...was always wee 1.1 205s etc.
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:49 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Never before have I been this enraged. Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:
"All you can do is add someone over this age to the policy as the main driver and yourself as named, or remove them".


Interesting that they are essentially suggesting you commit fraud.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Never before have I been this enraged. Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Interesting that they are essentially suggesting you commit fraud.


Yes, indeed it is.

Maybe they wish to do me over for it.

Then again, it's nearly impossible.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Flux would be your best bet for insurance. Everyone turned me away as i'm <25 and wanted a modded car. Others wanted 2 -3 X as much as a std policy.

AF undercut my normal std policy.
____________________
"because one stroke isnt enough and four strokes waste two"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blackrhythms
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 29 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I'm sorry, but that's bloody ridiculous!!! So just because you fit new, and presumably better, alloys to your car, they won't insure you??!! I don't get it, I really don't - it makes no sense to me at all!!! Effin insurance companies!! Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:05 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If say my grandad was made main driver, and I was named, I keep the car at my house, but it goes down on paper as his place.

He is already named on the policy, and declared legal owner.

I get to keep the alloys, they can prove utter squat about driving percentages and everyone's laughing yeah?

Or am I missing something.

Cheers people

Soul.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your worrying about a set of alloys?

how many people declare bike mods?

how many people declare a pipe?
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people are shafted when they crash for it?

Being serious here, if It aint no thang i'll just leave them on and not ring the insurance people again.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:15 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:
How many people are shafted when they crash for it?

Being serious here, if It aint no thang i'll just leave them on and not ring the insurance people again.


Dont worry about it, if you crash stick some shit steelys on before the insurance assesor comes round.

And fully comp on a 200 series rover?????????????????????????
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!


Last edited by NSR Mick on 00:16 - 30 Sep 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a minute compromise to having a car with no wheels.

Considering I want to keep THESE wheels.

Can always be sorted in time for renewal 1 year wont stunt my engine growth much, new insurers i'm thinking.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"


Last edited by The View Askew on 00:20 - 30 Sep 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoshi
Traffic Copper



Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew wrote:
You wont gain any ncb as your not the main driver.


He will, it's direct line, they give NCB to all drivers on the policy.
____________________
Present: GS650 Katana - Getting ready for summer touring!
Past: TS50, RS50, ZXR400, LT80, TS250
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:21 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, given this, all is hunky dory with the insurance if I swap the names round?
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoshi wrote:
Drew wrote:
You wont gain any ncb as your not the main driver.


He will, it's direct line, they give NCB to all drivers on the policy.


Only if he insures with DL in the future
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.3 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.27 Kb