|
|
| Author |
Message |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:56 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: problems with sky! |
 |
|
Have any of you had issues with sky?
At present we have no sky do to them not being able to work out bills right.
Back in may we were on a promotional offer, 6months half price rental.
So we were happy, £18 a month for 6months. BUT NO!
we get a bill for over £70 So we ring them spend half an hour on the phone getting is sorted as they have;
Charged us double not have for the view, then charged us twice for the sky plus charge.
So our bill is really less than £20, they so it and credit our account.
Next month our bill is high again so we cant afford to pay it so we leave it.
Follwing month the bill comes in at £160 or so.
We phone sky and again 45mins on the phone. in the end we were credited £75+ or so back to our account as they mucked up and also credit for loss of service due to the mistake.
6months later this is still happening. We at current do not have sky. Our service was cut off even before out bill was produced and then we still had 4 days to pay it.
So I ring them again. 53mins on hold last night and I give up. Rings them today.
Even though we were promised monday we have our service back we havent. I says look Ill make a payment for what I owes (£30) He said because our account is in review cause of the issues, it wont matter what I pay (unless I pay the £110) I wont get reconected.
So im stuck for another week without sky. I was promised I would get credit for the loss of service now.
Once this is sorted I am threating sky to leave, see what I can get from them.
On the up side my cheque came today!  ____________________ Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:33 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Siggi wrote: | Anyone who pays those scum to watch adverts needs their fucking head examined.
"Here you are Sky, here's a bunch of money each month so I can have twenty minutes in every sixty of my hourly viewing filled with mindless advertizing shite. Quality deal!"
Beggars belief, it truly does. Paying money to watch adverts.  |
I hardly ever watch anything as it's broadcast these days (other than the odd movie, which don't have ad breaks) - I use Sky+ to record it and watch it later. Sometimes I watch it days later and sometimes I start watching ten minutes after it began broadcasting, so I'm watching the start of the program whilst it's still recording the end. I even watch BBC and ITV using Sky+ now - you can turn off analogue TV as far as I'm concerned.
No advert's - it's great. ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:36 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| dmahon wrote: | | Siggi wrote: | Anyone who pays those scum to watch adverts needs their fucking head examined.
"Here you are Sky, here's a bunch of money each month so I can have twenty minutes in every sixty of my hourly viewing filled with mindless advertizing shite. Quality deal!"
Beggars belief, it truly does. Paying money to watch adverts.  |
I hardly ever watch anything as it's broadcast these days (other than the odd movie, which don't have ad breaks) - I use Sky+ to record it and watch it later. Sometimes I watch it days later and sometimes I start watching ten minutes after it began broadcasting, so I'm watching the start of the program whilst it's still recording the end. I even watch BBC and ITV using Sky+ now - you can turn off analogue TV as far as I'm concerned.
No advert's - it's great. |
Two Words: SKY PLUS!!!
its the best invention ever. ____________________ Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:38 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bit of advice for people calling Sky.
DON'T use the customer service number for them, you get put on hold for ages and they charge you a bomb.
Call 0800 5875707. It's the free phone number the retailers use. Call it, select option 2 and it puts you through to normal customer services!
 ____________________ How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:38 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:29 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | Two Words: SKY PLUS!!! |
Concur
We save most things to the box hd... if we want to watch the prog that night we simply have it on R + series link, and don't start watching it until 20 mins after the official start time, so you can whizz through all the adverts, and end up finishing the prog the same time the 'live' prog ends.
I cannot imagine life without it now. If I had to go back to old sky I would be a bit...sad
I know that sounds shallow, but it is true. I have gotten so used to it
I also like the function of pausing live programmes on a whim etc...
I find Sky a useful tool
I like seeing the headlines etc.. when I want to see them
A lot of the time they put a load of cr*p on, but there are enough channels to choose from
And, as someone else has said, I flick to the music channels if I can't find much to interest me/I am in a lazy mind mood
Sky haven't messed us around too much, but I guess they are like any other company, they fu*k up from time to time ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:41 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
OMG you scum, you'll burn in hell i tells ya
Also siggi, you do know that without adverts, either sky wouldnt exist, or it would be fucking exspensive, and you obviously love sky so much, to spend all that time "raiding" sky, you must really like the channels it has on it, so slagging off a part of it that makes it happen is a bit .
You havnt really thought this one through have you siggi
Luke ____________________ Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TOM M |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TOM M World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:20 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sky is the biggest load of shite ever, the only thing i ever watch is sky sports news in the daytime. Keep telling parents to cancel it.
Its full of adverts, repeats and utter shite  ____________________ Now owner of a 1200 Bandit |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:34 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
lol you dont have to watch tv, if u dont like it, go do something else . Its funny how people rant about stuff that they dont have to pay for or watch in the first place. If its shit dont bother
And im sure BBC and sky are quaking in their boots cause your not paying for it
Is there anyone you dont "stick it to" sig
Luke ____________________ Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|