Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


problems with sky!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: problems with sky! Reply with quote

Have any of you had issues with sky?

At present we have no sky do to them not being able to work out bills right.

Back in may we were on a promotional offer, 6months half price rental.

So we were happy, £18 a month for 6months. BUT NO!

we get a bill for over £70 Shocked So we ring them spend half an hour on the phone getting is sorted as they have;

Charged us double not have for the view, then charged us twice for the sky plus charge. Evil or Very Mad

So our bill is really less than £20, they so it and credit our account.

Next month our bill is high again so we cant afford to pay it so we leave it.

Follwing month the bill comes in at £160 or so. Shocked

We phone sky and again 45mins on the phone. in the end we were credited £75+ or so back to our account as they mucked up and also credit for loss of service due to the mistake.

6months later this is still happening. We at current do not have sky. Our service was cut off even before out bill was produced and then we still had 4 days to pay it.

So I ring them again. 53mins on hold last night and I give up. Rings them today.

Even though we were promised monday we have our service back we havent. I says look Ill make a payment for what I owes (£30) He said because our account is in review cause of the issues, it wont matter what I pay (unless I pay the £110) I wont get reconected.

So im stuck for another week without sky. I was promised I would get credit for the loss of service now. Evil or Very Mad

Once this is sorted I am threating sky to leave, see what I can get from them.

On the up side my cheque came today! Razz
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: problems with sky! Reply with quote

R1stu wrote:


Next month our bill is high again so we cant afford to pay it so we leave it.



That was your mistake, you should have rung them instead of leaving it.

R1stu wrote:



Once this is sorted I am threating sky to leave, see what I can get from them.



Doubt you will get anything as they know if you leave Sky its your loss not theirs. Wink
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
Beggars belief, it truly does. Paying money to watch adverts. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing


I get around that by watching music channels in the ad breaks ^^,
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

syl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
Anyone who pays those scum to watch adverts needs their fucking head examined.

"Here you are Sky, here's a bunch of money each month so I can have twenty minutes in every sixty of my hourly viewing filled with mindless advertizing shite. Quality deal!"

Beggars belief, it truly does. Paying money to watch adverts. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing


I hardly ever watch anything as it's broadcast these days (other than the odd movie, which don't have ad breaks) - I use Sky+ to record it and watch it later. Sometimes I watch it days later and sometimes I start watching ten minutes after it began broadcasting, so I'm watching the start of the program whilst it's still recording the end. I even watch BBC and ITV using Sky+ now - you can turn off analogue TV as far as I'm concerned.

No advert's - it's great.
____________________
Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmahon wrote:
Siggi wrote:
Anyone who pays those scum to watch adverts needs their fucking head examined.

"Here you are Sky, here's a bunch of money each month so I can have twenty minutes in every sixty of my hourly viewing filled with mindless advertizing shite. Quality deal!"

Beggars belief, it truly does. Paying money to watch adverts. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing


I hardly ever watch anything as it's broadcast these days (other than the odd movie, which don't have ad breaks) - I use Sky+ to record it and watch it later. Sometimes I watch it days later and sometimes I start watching ten minutes after it began broadcasting, so I'm watching the start of the program whilst it's still recording the end. I even watch BBC and ITV using Sky+ now - you can turn off analogue TV as far as I'm concerned.

No advert's - it's great.


Two Words: SKY PLUS!!!

its the best invention ever.
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of advice for people calling Sky.

DON'T use the customer service number for them, you get put on hold for ages and they charge you a bomb.

Call 0800 5875707. It's the free phone number the retailers use. Call it, select option 2 and it puts you through to normal customer services!

Thumbs Up
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
ncrn wrote:

I get around that by watching music channels in the ad breaks ^^,


I get around it by paying fuck-all to anybody but having loads of free extra channels by using my mate's unwanted box and dish to raid Sky's satellite for free. Thumbs Up Very Happy


Shocked your idea is much better
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siggi wrote:
Anyone who pays those scum to watch adverts needs their fucking head examined.

"Here you are Sky, here's a bunch of money each month so I can have twenty minutes in every sixty of my hourly viewing filled with mindless advertizing shite. Quality deal!"

Beggars belief, it truly does. Paying money to watch adverts. Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing


On that basis, anyone who has ever ebought anything is scum, because, they pay paid VAT, which went to the gouvernment so they could drop bombs on Iraq Question

Broad as statement as Ive ever heard.

Seems to me that people are just paying a service so they can have more choice when watching TV, hardly scum.

Dont tell me, you dont pay your TV licence either I bet siggi Laughing

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Two Words: SKY PLUS!!!


Thumbs Up Concur

We save most things to the box hd... if we want to watch the prog that night we simply have it on R + series link, and don't start watching it until 20 mins after the official start time, so you can whizz through all the adverts, and end up finishing the prog the same time the 'live' prog ends.
I cannot imagine life without it now. If I had to go back to old sky I would be a bit...sad
I know that sounds shallow, but it is true. I have gotten so used to it
I also like the function of pausing live programmes on a whim etc...

I find Sky a useful tool
I like seeing the headlines etc.. when I want to see them
A lot of the time they put a load of cr*p on, but there are enough channels to choose from
And, as someone else has said, I flick to the music channels if I can't find much to interest me/I am in a lazy mind mood Shocked

Sky haven't messed us around too much, but I guess they are like any other company, they fu*k up from time to time
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG you scum, you'll burn in hell i tells ya Wink

Also siggi, you do know that without adverts, either sky wouldnt exist, or it would be fucking exspensive, and you obviously love sky so much, to spend all that time "raiding" sky, you must really like the channels it has on it, so slagging off a part of it that makes it happen is a bit Question .

You havnt really thought this one through have you siggi Wink

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ky haven't messed us around too much, but I guess they are like any other company, they fu*k up from time to time


For the last 6monts? Confused
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TOM M
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky is the biggest load of shite ever, the only thing i ever watch is sky sports news in the daytime. Keep telling parents to cancel it.

Its full of adverts, repeats and utter shite Thumbs Down
____________________
Now owner of a 1200 Bandit
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have the movies anymore as its the same movies everyday for like two months.
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:34 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you dont have to watch tv, if u dont like it, go do something else Laughing. Its funny how people rant about stuff that they dont have to pay for or watch in the first place. If its shit dont bother Thumbs Up

And im sure BBC and sky are quaking in their boots cause your not paying for it Wink

Is there anyone you dont "stick it to" sig Razz

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:59 - 30 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
see what I can get from them.



Try Thumbs Up
ive not had problems with Sky (Yet) But before Sky we had NTL.
NTL were crap, so crap we left. But noooooooo they kept charging us months after. Rang to find out why, they couldnt tell us - they had no clue.
So for goodwill they offered us free Broadband for a year, half price rental. We said no, service was just dam to crap.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 05 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
Bit of advice for people calling Sky.

DON'T use the customer service number for them, you get put on hold for ages and they charge you a bomb.

Call 0800 5875707. It's the free phone number the retailers use. Call it, select option 2 and it puts you through to normal customer services!

Thumbs Up


That number dont work! thats automated paper billing number!
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.08 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 104.07 Kb