|
|
| Author |
Message |
| palmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 palmer Fiddled Kiddy

Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marcg868 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marcg868 World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:06 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well you know what to do get rid of the car and get another bike. Do what i do, keep the bike and have the Car licence for when it really is Needed (when you have kids)
In my oppinion i dont see the need for a car at my age, im at home on my bike, its like my free time when im on my bike, and thats when i feel happiest, even if its just bumbling down a dual carrigeway at 50 mph.
Just get a bike lad. Winters are fine on a bike, makes you a better rider and makes you look forward to summer. Plenty of weeks sunny riding left, just got into work now, roads were quiet for a saturday, the air was crisp, bike was shiney and i thouroughly enjoyed my ride to work today, bit of twisties, bit of dull m61 motorway, some east lancs dualy and some more twistie urban streets through Eccles, was great.  ____________________ JACK, MISS YOU LOADS YOU LEGEND. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:31 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yuo need to get a bike and get out on the road and clear your head! thats withdrawel sysptoms. You will go crazy if not, i know this feeling i was there once and never want to go back
Get a bike asap, doctors orders! ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| distortion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 distortion Nearly there...

Joined: 08 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Harold_Shand |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Harold_Shand World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:08 - 30 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't worry. You'll be right as nine pence when you leave home and have proper problems to take your mind off things.
Sorry geezer, I know the stuff with your bird and having no bike and that is serious to you, but be thankful for small things. ____________________ BCF's 6th favourite poster 2009-2010
Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djr World Chat Champion
Joined: 09 Nov 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jonnay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jonnay World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:20 - 01 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had no transport between April 7th and June 20th (the time I got knocked off my bike to the day I passed my car test).
I got all down and, although I don't think of it as such, "depressed" during that time - I think it's just having had independance and then loosing it. To me the bike siginified freedom, I live miles away from my friends and the bike was my way out of here, once it was gone I was stuck to rely on lifts and stuff. The ultimate downpoint was riding my pushbike back from town 6 miles away at 3am in the rain on an april morning thinking "i wish I was on my motorbike right now". Worst thing was, I was stuck with NOTHING whilst the guy who hit me fixed his car and wasn't inconvinienced at all
Once I passed my car test though I started to get better, I've done like 14000 miles since June 20th (I've been everywhere, Birmingham, Exeter, Torquay), trust me mate things will get better, just go and have a sit in your car when you feel down and play with the stereo or something and just think how much fun you'll have in it soon.
Jon ____________________ ::'04 Yamaha Jog:: || ::'01 Honda NSR:: || ::'00 Suzuki Swift:: || ::'89 Swift GTi:: || ::'96 Swift Poverty Spec:: || ::'92 Swift GTi:: |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| djr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 djr World Chat Champion
Joined: 09 Nov 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:23 - 01 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| msgander |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 msgander Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:40 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yep could be the bike...
I am a mess without a horse or a bike, give me one or the other I am a happy grounded individual, take them both away I'm a mess.
No sense to it but it happens.  ____________________ Always believe that your guardian angel flies a bit faster than you............... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|