Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Just to spite Colin

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Just to spite Colin Reply with quote

Our resident Captain Safety seems to enjoy painting a mental picture of me as a committed racist, dripping prejudice and vitriol over every hapless foreigner who crosses my path.

With this in mind, it's intriguing to report the extremely positive experience of an Indian call centre I had this evening! I was phoning to reconnect and upgrade my '3' phone, and look to replacing my cack T mobile price plan with something a little more cost effective.

Not only was the quality of the line better than some companies I have called from only a few miles away, the 2 successive advisors I spoke to were flawlessly polite, spoke better English than many of my asian/african officers who have been resident on this shores for years, and did not once ask me to repeat myself. (a staple feature of most conversations with 'regional' British call centres.) While they were obviously reading from scripts for the vast majority of the conversation, it did not hinder my transactions in any way, and indeed, I got more than I expected - along with apologies that there were not more offers showered upon me!

Unless my fearsome reputation has been spread by unlucky relatives who have sampled my hospitality, it seems that all this fuss about our sub-continent cousins doing a cack job is a little over-done.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry if you dont like me thinking you have views of people based on their race.

I dont actually think its a sin to have views on people based on their race.

Sometimes I wont agree with your views but i dont think we need to start some kind of feud. Especially as I have met you and you are a nice chap even if i disagree that iraqi stone throwers shd be beaten up by squaddies. As long as im not an iraqi stone thrower, im ok.

ive spoken to indian call centres a few times and had ok service and bad service with a few misunderstandings along the way

give me an english one every time, but im biased as i have worked in english ones and dont like all the jobs going to india

i like to think im not predjudiced against racists as some of my best friends are racist Wink

one works for cps and another is a copper so I am slightly concerned their views influence decisions at work but im not gonna worry about it
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Just to spite Colin Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
With this in mind, it's intriguing to report the extremely positive experience of an Indian call centre I had this evening! I was phoning to reconnect and upgrade my '3' phone, and look to replacing my cack T mobile price plan with something a little more cost effective.


Oh-oh, you're in trouble. Did you not see Channel 4's Dispatches last night about Call Centres (mainly mobile phone ones) in India?

https://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/D/dispatches2006/data_theft/index.html
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:16 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
im sorry if you dont like me thinking you have views of people based on their race.

I dont actually think its a sin to have views on people based on their race.

Sometimes I wont agree with your views but i dont think we need to start some kind of feud.


It was a reasonably-gentle jibe Mr W - no different to many others I have made in your general direction in the past.

I don't judge anyone on their race, I judge people on their actions, and by the culture I perceive them to identify with. As such, I see little or no connection between the many black friends I have, and the black scum that populate the streets around my house. They are as English or British as I am - racial stock doesn't enter the equation.

Quote:

Especially as I have met you and you are a nice chap even if i disagree that iraqi stone throwers shd be beaten up by squaddies. As long as im not an iraqi stone thrower, im ok.


I seem to recall me pointing out that they weren't just throwing stones, but also explosive devices. Considering the rules of engagement allowed the squaddies (including my colleague at work) to shoot them without further ado, a quick pasting was the very least they had coming.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Re: Just to spite Colin Reply with quote

Paivi wrote:

Oh-oh, you're in trouble. Did you not see Channel 4's Dispatches last night about Call Centres (mainly mobile phone ones) in India?

https://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/D/dispatches2006/data_theft/index.html


Good luck to any little weasel trying to get cash out of my accounts!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:47 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had better luck than I had when I upgraded a few days ago with 3 then.

First call, the Indian guy was very hard to understand, and kept saying things that made no sense like "you have to pay 180 pounds to upgrade" which I knew was bollocks. Then when I was halfway through a sentence he randomnly said "thank you for calling 3, goodbye" and just put the phone down on me.

I re-rang, this time selecting the option where you want to leave 3 and this time got a better Indian I could understand and had a grasp of what was going on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 06 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:

It was a reasonably-gentle jibe Mr W - no different to many others I have made in your general direction in the past.


ah thats ok then Smile
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:33 - 07 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every day without fail at 5:30pm, an indian call centre phones up trying to sell a Motorola V3 phone on a contract with 3. Brick Wall They're the most pushy and rude salesmen I've come across, (mostly because I try and avoid salesmen whenever possible).

Mind you, I had a shock the other day when I actually bothered to wait to see what happened when I told them I wasn't interested; they actually said 'Okay, thankyou, goodbye! Shocked Normally they'd just steamroll on as though they hadn't heard me, at which point I'd put the phone down.

I've signed up with the telephone preference service, but it still hasn't been a month since it started so I'm not supposed to expect results straight away. I always thought double glazing salesmen were an urban myth until I had a marketing call from one the other day. Laughing
____________________
I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:31 - 07 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give them my mate's number Wink winds him up and therefore, makes the effort worthwhile Thumbs Up
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.32 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 65.42 Kb