|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:53 - 06 Oct 2006 Post subject: Just to spite Colin |
 |
|
Our resident Captain Safety seems to enjoy painting a mental picture of me as a committed racist, dripping prejudice and vitriol over every hapless foreigner who crosses my path.
With this in mind, it's intriguing to report the extremely positive experience of an Indian call centre I had this evening! I was phoning to reconnect and upgrade my '3' phone, and look to replacing my cack T mobile price plan with something a little more cost effective.
Not only was the quality of the line better than some companies I have called from only a few miles away, the 2 successive advisors I spoke to were flawlessly polite, spoke better English than many of my asian/african officers who have been resident on this shores for years, and did not once ask me to repeat myself. (a staple feature of most conversations with 'regional' British call centres.) While they were obviously reading from scripts for the vast majority of the conversation, it did not hinder my transactions in any way, and indeed, I got more than I expected - along with apologies that there were not more offers showered upon me!
Unless my fearsome reputation has been spread by unlucky relatives who have sampled my hospitality, it seems that all this fuss about our sub-continent cousins doing a cack job is a little over-done. ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:07 - 06 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
im sorry if you dont like me thinking you have views of people based on their race.
I dont actually think its a sin to have views on people based on their race.
Sometimes I wont agree with your views but i dont think we need to start some kind of feud. Especially as I have met you and you are a nice chap even if i disagree that iraqi stone throwers shd be beaten up by squaddies. As long as im not an iraqi stone thrower, im ok.
ive spoken to indian call centres a few times and had ok service and bad service with a few misunderstandings along the way
give me an english one every time, but im biased as i have worked in english ones and dont like all the jobs going to india
i like to think im not predjudiced against racists as some of my best friends are racist
one works for cps and another is a copper so I am slightly concerned their views influence decisions at work but im not gonna worry about it ____________________ colin1 is officially faster than god |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mister James |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mister James I want to believe!

Joined: 10 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:18 - 06 Oct 2006 Post subject: Re: Just to spite Colin |
 |
|
Good luck to any little weasel trying to get cash out of my accounts! ____________________ >Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| EuropeanNC30R... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 EuropeanNC30R... Gay Hairdresser
Joined: 20 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:33 - 07 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Every day without fail at 5:30pm, an indian call centre phones up trying to sell a Motorola V3 phone on a contract with 3. They're the most pushy and rude salesmen I've come across, (mostly because I try and avoid salesmen whenever possible).
Mind you, I had a shock the other day when I actually bothered to wait to see what happened when I told them I wasn't interested; they actually said 'Okay, thankyou, goodbye! Normally they'd just steamroll on as though they hadn't heard me, at which point I'd put the phone down.
I've signed up with the telephone preference service, but it still hasn't been a month since it started so I'm not supposed to expect results straight away. I always thought double glazing salesmen were an urban myth until I had a marketing call from one the other day.  ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:31 - 07 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I give them my mate's number winds him up and therefore, makes the effort worthwhile  ____________________ TL1000s, KDX200 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 363 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|